• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Looking past the fact that you posted on Waypoint, your post is missing something.

Blegh. Just dipping my toes into their forums, seeing what it's about and all that jazz. Can't seem to find an edit option, wanted to change my title to 'My silly little rant'

I've really been wanting to just have a crazy all out conversation about the media dump, but i honestly don't have many friends down here that actually play halo. Not to mention i work at a camping store, so most of my coworkers would rather be outdoors than sitting on a couch, controller in hand.

I'm still trying to figure out this little community, too. Didn't know waypoint was a no-no place :(

Ryaaan14

Banned
Blegh. Just dipping my toes into their forums, seeing what it's about and all that jazz. Can't seem to find an edit option, wanted to change my title to 'My silly little rant'

I've really been wanting to just have a crazy all out conversation about the media dump, but i honestly don't have many friends down here that actually play halo. Not to mention i work at a camping store, so most of my coworkers would rather be outdoors than sitting on a couch, controller in hand.

I'm still trying to figure out this little community, too. Didn't know waypoint was a no-no place :(

Just post stuff here. You'll get better responses, and all the Waypoint users who care will be lurking anyway.

Omni

Haha, sorry if I sounded a bit douchey.

Waypoint isn't that bad. I've got 2500+ posts there and would probably post more if it weren't so slow and buggy (Plus I have a custom avatar <3 ). But for a post like yours you'd probably get more of a response here than Waypoint... or even Bungie if you really wanted to. No offence to the decent people at Waypoint, but most of them are kids who tend to flock to threads that create drama ("HALO SUX LOL", for example), leaving the decent ones to die.

Against popular NeoGAF opinion I find Waypoint to be great. Same as any forum really in that you get out what you put in and there are always the haters so don't let them get you down.

I actually find the mods at Waypoint strict but in a great way. They keep crap like the Flood and off topic posts at bay and actually merge/move threads often plus they reply to PM's very well etc. It keeps Waypoint all about Halo.

Against NeoGAF I find far more discussions about Halo stay on topic and go more in depth than here on NeoGAF Halo OT's. NeoGAF is great because the community participation they have with the developers, events and assets they put back into the community. For that I thank all those quality members. However, all the off topic conversation and lack of organisation in the forums/threads here at NeoGAF is annoying at best.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Haha, sorry if I sounded a bit douchey.
Oh, not at all! For the past few years i've been crazy involved with a group on Bungie.net (The WorkPLace). After 8 years of bungie forums, I'm just curious to see what other communities are like. Can't really do anything with the Epic forums as i was permabanned for saying something along the lines of 'Who's the idiot at Epic who decided the Gnasher should be the ONLY gun?'
They really can't (or couldn't, at that point in time) take criticism there.

Ramirez

Off topic, but I watched "The Road" yesterday, it's like 3 years old at this point, but man, what an amazing movie.

Viggo. <3

Off topic, but I watched "The Road" yesterday, it's like 3 years old at this point, but man, what an amazing movie.

Viggo. <3

Downloaded this movie literally years ago and have it in my "Movies to Watch" folder hahah - Shall I finally dive in? I think the spoilers I've heard are pretty much forgotten at this point..

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!! Everything is SOOO GOOD! This Direct Feed is EXACTLY what I've been wanting! Thank You

Hearing you guys talk about the Campaign footage like this is getting me so hyped! After the recent embargo lift, I've told a couple of my friends to abandon ship lol - The internet is no longer safe for those who know little about Halo 4.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
war-master.jpeg

Someone was saying they wanted a skull helmet, right?

This is about as close as you'll get.

Forward Unto Dawn - Lecture

Let us all, HaloGAF
UNSC
, take a moment to pay respect to our pasts and where we came from (Waypoint, etc.)
Earth
for this brave new journey
Halo 4
is something we shall all share and experience together as we tread into a new age of Halo games.

Journey well.

broony

Has there been a HaloGaf radio since the Bravo episode? I thought there was going to be one after PAX, did I miss it? Makes work bareable for a few hours.

senador

Banned
Man, I'm still behind on all the news but just watched that direct feed multiplayer vid. Finally a nice audio source that makes the BR sound good. It had to have gotten some additional love as well. I can't wait to try that thing out. Punchy burst fire sounds up in my ears.

monome

Just saw the latest campaign trailer.

Two things :

very good looking.
very somber.

I'm not in love with the aesthetics, but it's a job well done nonetheless.

343i has to prove it has heart, now.

http://i.minus.com/iQTVNw73dQQ9P.gif[IMG]

DIE IN HELL JETPACKER.[/QUOTE]

DIE JETPACKERS DIE

"THE JETPACKERS THE"

[quote="Hydranockz, post: 42476391"]It's like looking into an alternate dimension. Who is their Elzar?[/QUOTE]

You're my Elzar.

Also, nice to see you back Neo!

Pop

The Light Rifle sounds different in this new footage compared to the E3 footage. Sounds higher pitched now. Sounded much better in the E3 footage.

I prefer the newest sound for the Light Rifle
if at all it's changed since then

Die in a pit of fire JETPACKERS!!! And I thought they nerf the height on the jetpacks...

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
My same reaction, sounds pretty bad.

I dunno, man. It actually sounds like a rod going through a cannon to me, but i guess i'm just loony.

So, everyone remembers the whole 'ewww hazop should be awarded to bad players'
I don't know why, but this helmet is just vomit to my eyes
Screen-Shot-2012-09-03-at-1.12.28-PM.png

Shadders

Is there a way to play Halo 2 campaign co-op online? H2Vista? XBConnect?

Is anyone in need of tickets to Eurogamer Expo? I have some spares for Thursday and Friday. No charge, you can buy me a beer to say thanks. :)

TUROK

I dunno, man. It actually sounds like a rod going through a cannon to me, but i guess i'm just loony.

So, everyone remembers the whole 'ewww hazop should be awarded to bad players'
I don't know why, but this helmet is just vomit to my eyes
Screen-Shot-2012-09-03-at-1.12.28-PM.png
I think Kenneth Scott just designed most of the helmets while drunk.

Satchel

Banned
Go damn that SP footage.

I've said this so many times now, but it's just amazing what they're doing with ancient hardware.

Scary to think what they'll be doing with the next Xbox.

The fuel rod gun is supposed to sound like someone knocking on a metal pan?
Evidently so.
Has there been a HaloGaf radio since the Bravo episode? I thought there was going to be one after PAX, did I miss it? Makes work bareable for a few hours.
No PAX one, but I believe there will be a NYCC one. I too look forward to it, Duncan, Domino and Tashi (even if I wish I could respond to what they say) make quite an enjoyable show.
343i has to prove it has heart, now.
=/ I don't.. what does that even mean? How do 300 people show or not show they have heart? How do you measure that? How do you think they haven't proven that already?

Pop

Go damn that SP footage.

I've said this so many times now, but it's just amazing what they're doing with ancient hardware.

Scary to think what they'll be doing with the next Xbox.

Directly into my veins. My anticipation for H4 is sky high, 42 more days man.

Totally slipped my mind until now, but not including the Silenced SMG as a primary weapon in Halo 4 is a real missed opportunity.

Not that I want the silenced SMG in the game, but this very much seems like it was caused by the need to have all 3 factions share weapon types.

Still not sure im happy with that.

Fuchsdh

Not that I want the silenced SMG in the game, but this very much seems like it was caused by the need to have all 3 factions share weapon types.

Still not sure im happy with that.

Well, yeah. Halo 4's deliberate design choice was to increase options available to players for what kinds of weapons they run around with, the downside is that meant that the actual variety in the weapons has dropped fairly dramatically.

Personally, I prefer a light but well-differentiated sandbox, but I understand why 343i did what they did (on that subject, at least.)

At least it's not like Spv3, where you can play T&R with every weapon known to the series in one cluster of an experience.

I haven't played Reach since launch - why do you all hate jetpack so much? Seemed completely useless to me.

A lot of the hate apparently stems from the fact that vertical aiming is more difficult, meaning that in theory a jetpacking DMR user has an advantage over you. They can also sometimes get into tough places to dislodge and camp there, or get to weapons faster than everyone else.

I personally have never had that many issues with the jetpack, especially since they usually make themselves giant targets begging to be teamshot from across the map.

Woorloog

Banned
Well, duh, it seems that i'll be keeping my LE pre-order after all.
Not sure if i'll redeem the digital content, i may trade them for something else (equal value or so, of course) if i don't like the multiplayer, ie i'm don't want the DLC.

Top Bottom