• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

GhaleonEB

I can't get myself to care about cosmetic upgrades. I see enemy Spartans from enough distance, and CQC is so chaotic, that most of the time I can barely tell who has what. I only notice my armor in Reach at the menu screen.

I don't think most of the helmets are very good, but like Ram said there's only so much you can do to make a ton of them without messing with hitboxes.

I just hope I can cover myself in bullets again.
Those Prometheans are tough guys on Heroic. And damn the third mission is a lot of fun.

Context?

I wish Halo was a 3rd person shooter so I could see my helmet
Turrets, bitch!!!

tumblr_m78l0qk7zp1qzhqfsbs.png

DeadNames

Banned
We've know this for months.

Also, you can kill people in the regen field, so I see it much less annoying than AL.

No, I heard it was just an elaborate prank. 343 is going to tell us that it doesn't really exist one week from launch. LOL, those whippersnappers, always getting into trouble.

It's not the fact that we've known it, it's the fact that it's in.

IMO, jetpack was more annoying and overpowered than armor lock. I'd rather go against a team of ALers than a team of jetpackers.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
which one's the Best Buy helmet?

The one that comes with a blue polo chest piece.

It's not the fact that we've known it, it's the fact that it's in.

IMO, jetpack was more annoying and overpowered than armor lock. I'd rather go against a team of ALers than a team of jetpackers.

Yeah, from what we have seen I think jetpacks will be far less annoying. The levels we've seen seem to have a much bigger scale to them with less places for jetpackers to "hide" in by flying away. My favorites are the people who jetpack straight up when getting shot and make themselves an easier target.

Beckx

I can't get myself to care about cosmetic upgrades. I see enemy Spartans from enough distance, and CQC is so chaotic, that most of the time I can barely tell who has what. I only notice my armor in Reach at the menu screen.

I don't notice so much in game, but I love making screenshots & screenshot stories, or viewing others' shots, and that's where the different helmets really stand out.

The armor really pops in the shots we've seen, cannot wait to start making screenshots.

Frankie, you've added the ability to export screenshots without going through waypoint, right? Right?

So people really don't like the helmets? I think literally half of them are awesome. I guess me and the 343 design team have bad taste.

I actually really dig almost all of them, and a few in particular are really awesome. I'm just all for the variety. People who care enjoy more to choose from, and people who don't are completely unaffected. Win/Win.

For me, the more little pieces like armor that they add to the universe, the more robast and greater it becomes. That's what I care about.

GhaleonEB

I don't notice so much in game, but I love making screenshots & screenshot stories, or viewing others' shots, and that's where the different helmets really stand out.

The armor really pops in the shots we've seen, cannot wait to start making screenshots.
This is absolutely true, and something I overlooked.
Unfortunately, you can't...

There's one chest piece that has a few pouches on it, but that's it.

:(

I like more than half of the helmets, but I'm probably only going to ever use scout. I might occasionally select one of the weird ones in order to troll people. Like if I am randomly paired up against some GAF folks again.

As for jetpack: it does look weaker, but with sprint it seems like it's just as likely to ruin map movement/flow.

Another thing to consider about the customization pieces are the machinima makers, who love having a good variety to work with when telling their stories, whether serious or comedic.

One thing I really like about the new chestpieces is how they change the look of your thusters as well. Some of the thrusters look friggin SICK.

Top 5 favorite helmets in a fairly particular order:
1. Vanguard
2. Engineer
3. Operator
4. Gungnir
5. Tie between Wetwork and Venator

Least favorite helmets:
1. Hazop (Good lord)
2. Warrior
3. Eod
4. Defender
5. Fotus

For reference if you care about my opinion at all:
ZSSCQ.jpg

I for one really like the non-visor helmet look. Very futuristic and badass.

Gui_PT

Disc 2 will be the 2nd version of the game.

A campaign with no QTE's and a Multiplayer with no armor abilities or perks or anything of the sort.

Believe.

GhaleonEB

Another thing to consider about the customization pieces are the machinima makers, who love having a good variety to work with when telling their stories, whether serious or comedic.

One thing I really like about the new chestpieces is how they change the look of your thusters as well. Some of the thrusters look friggin SICK.

I understand that one, but given the levels of passions about the armor around here, you'd think everyone was one. :p

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I don't get the QTE talk. Maybe I consider QTEs something else, but what I saw in the video looked more like a first person platforming segment than a 'button icon on screen' QTE. Maybe they are one in the same.

If I loved Tsavo Highway, I'd be in heaven in the Spartan Ops mission "Land Grab".

Favorite MP map? Not sure. Can't decide between Solace, Haven, Complex, Exile, Adrift or Longbow.

Some of those helmets.. *head in hands*
I don't get the QTE talk. Maybe I consider QTEs something else, but what I saw in the video looked more like a first person platforming segment than a 'button icon on screen' QTE. Maybe they are one in the same.
It's thankfully not a blatant QTE but calling it platforming, I'd struggle to call it that (with how I understand it) either.
It's a QTE without being too insulting about it. As long as there's only 4/5 of them in game so they're not over used and obvious, I don't mind it.
If I loved Tsavo Highway, I'd be in heaven in the Spartan Ops mission "Land Grab".

Favorite MP map? Not sure. Can't decide between Solace, Haven, Complex, Exile, Adrift or Longbow.
<3, making music.

I mean the ability to group friends based on what you play with them, or how you know them.
Oh, well then...that sounds pretty cool.

What he didn't tell us: the hoodie came with a copy of Halo 4 sown into the back.

IHaveIce

Banned

where did you play it ?

I asked Frankie per pm because of their German visit and if there is a possibility to play it here so I don't have to "waste" money to fly to London :/ especially if it was in Hamburg .

Gunnerdude

Neo Member
Disc two will be an 8 hour loop of Frankie's childhood videos. Before the kilt it was a tutu and before Master chief it was Sir Hugs A Lot

They were once inseparable friends... now... many years later... they have become mortal enemies in a world wide battle of teenage angst.

No PAX one, but I believe there will be a NYCC one. I too look forward to it, Duncan, Domino and Tashi (even if I wish I could respond to what they say) make quite an enjoyable show.
I believe there was a plan to record one at PAX, but it just never came together/drinking was more important.
Just read the past 10 or so pages. help1- A HaloGAF hero.

Also, regen field: Armor Lock 2.0

Jetpack is back.

JETPACK.

Regen field is really not an issue, I was terrified of it, so I used it a fair amount and it's not bad. It doesn't prevent you from taking damage and being killed by standing in it, and the animation to deploy is lengthy, if you try to poop one out to save your life in a fight, you will surely die.

Jetpack is nerfed, but still a jetpack.

Top Bottom