• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

Don't know if repost but this is lovely to look at. This is what H4 would look like in the CryEngine3.

Would that be playable, Iv seen hundred of hi res locations built in the cryengine that would never be playable because of the poly count and texture resolutions. It looks nice sure but its got a lot of lighting bloom and hyper reflectivity that push it past realistic looking in that CGI movie esq unnatural look which is pretty jarring from a "immersive" stand point

Omni

It's been said before, but I'm saying it again.
h4_helmets.jpg
Were the artists high while designing the helmets? Jeeez they're ugly.

Okay.. maybe there are a couple that I like (Operator <3)... But still.

Shadders

It's been said before, but I'm saying it again.

Were the artists high while designing the helmets? Jeeez they're ugly.

Okay.. maybe there are a couple that I like (Operator <3)... But still.

Remember in Halo 3 where they started to introduce new helmets? They all had in-fiction reasons for being different, EVA allows drivers to more easily look around, CQB provides extra protection around the head for Spartans who like a bit of fisticuffs. The only real exception was Hayabusa.

Now they all look silly and I really struggle to discern a practical reason for most of them.

Omni

Remember in Halo 3 where they started to introduce new helmets? They all had in-fiction reasons for being different, EVA allows drivers to more easily look around, CQB provides extra protection around the head for Spartans who like a bit of fisticuffs. The only real exception was Hayabusa.

Now they all look silly and I really struggle to discern a practical reason for most of them.

Yeah. The descriptions really made the different armours seem more than just an afterthought or some random design that they chucked in for the sake of it (A couple exceptions). It's odd that for a dev that's apparently so focused with making everything work within canon, that we get helmets that look like they do - completely random and nonsensical, not to mention impractical.

Not that I don't appreciate the effort that they made to give us new armour to work with, it's just that the designs don't really work.

TheOddOne

Unrelated, but thought you guys might wanted to know.

Borderlands 2 is now the biggest UK game launch of 2012
Borderlands 2 is currently the biggest UK video game launch of 2012, selling 4,000 copies more than Mass Effect 3 managed in its opening weekend.

The sequel outsold its 2009 original by more than 4 to 1, with the Xbox 360 version of the game accounting for 71 percent of the game's total sales.

Last week saw numerous new releases, including F1 2012, which took second position in the charts, and Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 which settled for third. Last week's number one, Sleeping Dogs, dropped down to number four

I have to admit that I wasn't a fan of the gun sounds originally, but after hearing them through my gaming headphones, I am a total convert. good lord.

Had a quick look at the control schemes for Halo 4, and Recon and Bumper Jumper looked pretty similar to me. (Except for BJ being LB to crouch and Recon being LB for AA) I know some people here have said they want to use recon, I was curious why?

Im leaning towards BJ personally, although I might do what I do in Reach and use Defualt when jetpacking and BJ any other time.

heckfu

Banned
I have to admit that I wasn't a fan of the gun sounds originally, but after hearing them through my gaming headphones, I am a total convert. good lord.
Welcome to Team Slurp! Your Chapstick is in the mail along with your SLRP Starter Kit Instructional DVD.

Welcome to Team Slurp! Your Chapstick is in the mail along with your SLRP Starter Kit Instructional DVD.

Does team slrp have a briefing packet of any kind? Could you please tell us whats inside that briefing packet?

Does the DVD come with a second disk? What is on that disk?

Fotos

Had a quick look at the control schemes for Halo 4, and Recon and Bumper Jumper looked pretty similar to me. I know some people here have said they want to use recon, I was curious why?

Im leaning towards BJ personally, although I might do what I do in Reach and use Defualt when jetpacking and BJ any other time.

Because Recon is classic halo and exact same with the addition of a new button. But default is B to crouch and LS to sprint.

heckfu

Banned
Does team slrp have a briefing packet of any kind? Could you please tell us whats inside that briefing packet?

Does the DVD come with a second disk? What is on that disk?
The briefing packing is patented information and cannot be disclosed until joining.

And as for disc 2...you don't wanna know.

GhaleonEB

I wonder what the Challenge is this w....

Unavailable

Sorry, we’ve got a problem. For a little while, please stop trying to sign in to Xbox so we can fix it.​

Alrighty then.

And they're still compressed in that video. Sounds much better in person.
Funny story; I tried watching the wubwub version of the Covie weapon video on xbox Waypoint, and it buffered so badly that the audio and video were completely out of sync. Switched over to the youtube app, no problems whatsoever and was able to watch the non-wub version from the Waypoint channel.

WAT

I was team Slurp after RTX. Never got my DVD, though.

Pop

It's all about that Oceanic Helmet <3

dat weapon sounds
beautiful environments
symmetrical maps
BR back

hnnnngggg

Just read the past 10 or so pages. help1- A HaloGAF hero.

Also, regen field: Armor Lock 2.0

Jetpack is back.

JETPACK.

No, I heard it was just an elaborate prank. 343 is going to tell us that it doesn't really exist one week from launch. LOL, those whippersnappers, always getting into trouble.

And regen field is no problem. It may as well be called enemy gravitational field. Just throw or shoot something in it and someone will die.

Thanks again for the birthday wishes, everyone! It was a good weekend.

http://i.imgur.com/VgXCk.gif

Myself, only now discovering that there was a HaloGAF dinner...

Weak... That must have been good times.

Oh, wow. That sucks. We had a thread, which was linked here in the OT and on HaloGAF.com/PAX, sorry you missed out!

15$ hamburger. Although it was a really fucking good hamburger, but that's definitely a once-a-year thing. Also I wonder if Duncan figured out how he ended up with extra money yet.
To be honest, I never bothered to count it. :p Just assumed I would come up a little short and wrote it off as another paxpense; I didn't care as long as everyone else was content. Also, there was tequila involved.

Has there been a HaloGaf radio since the Bravo episode? I thought there was going to be one after PAX, did I miss it? Makes work bareable for a few hours.
No, the Bravo one was the most recent. I've been incredibly busy lately and our schedules just haven't lined up yet. Hoping to get one done soon before we do an in-person one at NYCC. I still need to sort through the video I recorded at PAX and throw something together.

Ramirez

If they just threw in the same helmets from 3 & Reach you guys would complain there wasn't enough. They put in like triple the amount and you still complain. There's only so many ways you can design a helmet before you have to start getting silly.

If they just threw in the same helmets from 3 & Reach you guys would complain there wasn't enough. They put in like triple the amount and you still complain. There's only so many ways you can design a helmet before you have to start getting silly.

That's no excuse for some fan favorites now to return. Noble Team, Security, Pilot ect

Stalker, Recon, Orbital, Recruit, Scout and Mark 6 Classic.

I particularly like Stalker, but that's one of the Specialization helmets, right?

ZSSCQ.jpg

I count 22. And I'm actually thrilled they set aside that many for specializations. Something special for those who invested in that path.

There are actually more than what is shown in that image. I can think of at least a few that aren't on there. I think I counted something like 34 total.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

I wish Halo was a 3rd person shooter so I could see my helmet

Ramirez

That's no excuse for some fan favorites now to return. Noble Team, Security, Pilot ect

Security was a nod to Marathon, so maybe they left it out to respect Bungie? Most of the Noble team helmets are back, just redesigned.

Also, I would assume some helmets will be DLC, so go ahead and get your wallet ready Stalker.

Tashi, I actually wanted to see a spin off 3rd person game that focused on the spartans abilities in combat. Would have been like Unreal Championship 2, has potential!

Both Raider and Ranger look like cybernetic puppy dogs sticking their tongues out. And Defender... just looks too... Happy? I don't know, but I am not running around with that awkward face on my spartan, lol.

So people really don't like the helmets? I think literally half of them are awesome. I guess the 343 designers and I have bad taste (edited for shitty grammar).

Top Bottom