• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

CyReN

Guessing it's the more polished version that was shown at the NFL draft right?

Also for those wondering about time, it's 8am EST.

So Frankies Eurogamer presentation is going to be livestreamed on Thursday at 12 O clock GMT here:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/eurogamer-expo-2012-live-developer-sessions
Direct link to where the video will be: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JylkzGSfnn4
Thats pretty cool.
Aww, that's fantastic news. Sad that I can't make it, but life tends to get in the way of these things. PAX next year? I hope.

Speaking of which, I should get rid of these two Saturday tickets...

I am doing a live demo. Campaign. It could go sooooo wrong.

Eurogamer are saving the video, your mistakes will be archived and viewable by the masses.

No pressure :p

I might actually avoid watching, even watching the first 10 minutes of a game kind of takes the immersion away when I finally play it myself. - Hyped for the MP stuff which will come from the showfloor, hyped to play the game. I will be circling that Halo line non-stop, hopefully I manage to fit in a bunch of games.

EDIT: Are Hypertrooper and Overdiziz seeing something that we aint?

G17

I hope the live demo is on Legendary difficulty with invincibility on. ;) I'm excited to find out what kinds of crazy things the Prometheans can do on legendary. We probably won't find out any time soon but I can hope.

Merguson

Banned
Complex is the most complex map in the Halo franchise.

Take Chiron TL34 and double the amount of transporters.

There's your remake.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Back to the topic of Helmets:

If Foreword Unto Dawn takes place before Halo, Why does MCs helmet look like the current? :O!

Also, Lack of CQB makes me want to cry. I doubt there will be any Helmet DLC, ever.

Pop

If Foreword Unto Dawn takes place before Halo, Why does MCs helmet look like the current? :O!

Also, Lack of CQB makes me want to cry. I doubt there will be any Helmet DLC, ever.

:O

Armor DLC. Believe!

Anus Map remake, you know

Beckx

Did Frank ever say which game the remake map was from?

Believe.

deck16_1.jpg

wwm0nkey

A bit random but one of my friends who lurks here decided to remix the weapon sounds videos and wanted me to share them.

UNSC / Covenant

I think she did a pretty good job and the first one is pretty awesome when the vocals kick in lol

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
:O

Armor DLC. Believe!

Anus Map remake, you know

What was the reason for no armor DLC in reach? Wasn't it that every perm was 'hardwired' to the maps, so having DLC would require downloading every map all over again?

I'd love for amor DLC, don't get me wrong... I just doubt we'll see it until the new gen and Halo 5 :'(

FyreWulff

It's not a Goldeneye map remake. Although Microsoft DOES own that geometry now, so.. not exactly out of the realm of possibility either.

If I loved Tsavo Highway, I'd be in heaven in the Spartan Ops mission "Land Grab".

Favorite MP map? Not sure. Can't decide between Solace, Haven, Complex, Exile, Adrift or Longbow.

Meh, Complex looks a bit too open if you ask me. Not sure how that would play out against good players in matchmaking.

Okay, did Hyper and Over just get hired by 343? What's with the cryptic comments? And what the hell does "IF I loved Tsavo Highway" mean? Are there people who don't love The Chopper that mission? God's balls, people; Shitty Work Monday is not the day to fuck around with information.

yes.

It looks slightly current, but in actuality is the version of Mk IV seen in The Package from Halo: Legends. And it looks absolutely amazing in person.

Solace looks like a fun map. For some reason the layout reminds me of Gears of War map design.

I've thought the same thing and it's probably because every place on the map feels connected and grounded.

A bit random but one of my friends who lurks here decided to remix the weapon sounds videos and wanted me to share them.

UNSC / Covenant

I think she did a pretty good job and the first one is pretty awesome when the vocals kick in lol

I liked it, fit the Covenant theme pretty well.

I'm considering attempting to acquire all the pre-order and SKU exclusive disc-locked content in Halo 4. Somebody stop me (or give me some guidance as to what exactly I should not bother collecting *cough* Stinkles *cough* lybertyboy *cough* pls).

Huge waste of time, money, and effort just for ugly skins and helmets.
Don't forget emblems. Although I'll probably stay with the one I used for Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, and Halo: Reach. You don't like that Arctic BR? Shit is BA (and also not available from any US retailer, ugh).

I'm considering attempting to acquire all the pre-order and SKU exclusive disc-locked content in Halo 4. Somebody stop me (or give me some guidance as to what exactly I should not bother collecting *cough* Stinkles *cough* lybertyboy *cough* pls).
Do you have a significant other? Tell her/him your current plan and see how fast they smarten you up.

Top Bottom