• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

Thermite

How many copies of the legendary edition do you have preordered after all of these info drops? I'm going to say 10.

Also, I'm sorry Wu.

I think I am on the hype train. I'm ready for some Haloz again

hJIj4.gif

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Pretty bummed that they removed the fancy, slow weapon creation animation for Promethean weapons.

I understand the idea behind speeding it up for MP, but why'd they do the same for campaign?

Pretty bummed that they removed the fancy, slow weapon creation animation for Promethean weapons.

I understand the idea behind speeding it up for MP, but why'd they do the same for campaign?

Frankie stated that the slow version only happens the first few times you pick up weapons, after that the animations are sped up for gameplay reasons obviously.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Whatever fucking map we just played

You KNEW it was going to suck due to the fact that the MOMENT you spawn, frame rate DUMPS all over the ground and rolls in it

Whatever fucking map we just played

You KNEW it was going to suck due to the fact that the MOMENT you spawn, frame rate DUMPS all over the ground and rolls in it

Wayont - at least I discovered there actually are other competent Warthog drivers out there ;]

GGs man, that final push was almost badass hahah

Oh and before I forget again.. What's up with the HLS being in the loadouts for Flood Mode? It can't block the Sword right so what's the point? Unless.. (Also thanks for the vids coca, funny how they restricted the camera angles..)

blamite

Is the election hub thing even available on the beta dashboard? I don't think I've ever seen a link to it. Or do I watch them through the Live Event Player thing?

They still happen in Campaign, it's just that (from what I understand) you only see the longer version the first time you ever pick up the weapon, and from then on you get the shorter version.

Speaking of Xbox Live Rewards, their rewards for Achievements are up now. (Sorry if this is old, it's the first I've heard of it.

Ken

Old? Looks like pre-orders are going up for Play Arts Kai Halo 4 figures; about 60 bucks/4700 JPY not including shipping. Late December 2012 release, apparently. The Spartan Warrior looks pretty good in that pose and lighting, although I still have an aversion towards the Play Arts Kai stuff.

Old? Looks like pre-orders are going up for Play Arts Kai Halo 4 figures; about 60 bucks/4700 JPY not including shipping. Late December 2012 release, apparently. The Spartan Warrior looks pretty good in that pose and lighting, although I still have an aversion towards the Play Arts Kai stuff.
Yes. It will be pre-ordered when I am home.
Is every day Fu's birthday?
Today it is not a fake message. It is his real birthday.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Thinking a lot about Specializations right now, and I kinda wanna ask you guys a question.

Would you rather have one awesome Specialization mod, or have as many watered down Specialization mods as you can get?

Of course we don't know specifics on how long it'll take to achieve prestiging re-enlisting, but this is based solely on the principle of holding one dedicated role rather than working and achieving many.

If re-enlisting is a huge effort, I feel like a lot of people may be let down by something that was balanced to be merely a slight upgrade. In my personal opinion, it would be a huge incentive to a player to only have one active mod that lets you fully utilize a niche playstyle, other than a "gotta catch em all" mindset.

The presidential debates are going to be more fun than any unlockable armour for any videogame ever. I'd give away armour unlocks to be able to watch them.

Ken

Unfortunately, there is quite a bit of misinformation in that video.

That's fine as I just go to GB for entertainment rather than as the source of accurate information 100% of the time.

I should probably pre-order the game when I pick up RE6 next week. Hmm.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I've been watching every single non-Campaign picture and video posted here every day over the past few days but didn't get to comment on them, but now that I do get the chance plus the news that Halo 4 is gold I gotta say - huge congrats to 343i, because if it wasn't clear before, it is certainly crystal clear now that you guys are bringing the quality hard with Halo 4.

I was cautious many many months ago, but whatever doubts I had were washed away over the past few months, it's incredible what you guys have done, a worthy team to carry on the Halo franchise, no doubt about it.

Can't wait to see what you guys have in store for us with the marketing campaign up till release.

And still XBL Rewards isn't available here, man.

Speaking of Avatar Armour, any of the UK GAF get lucky from the UK Mountain Dew promotion?

Flipyap

The childbearing hips they keep putting on those things never cease to amuse. Though these look more like they have really thin waists - swapped the space diaper for a space corset, perhaps? They grow up so fast...

Why there's no hammer assasination :/ ?
Do you REALLY need to see the handle of a hammer being forcefully guided up a Spartan's rectum?

Lol for the first time in a year it's my actual birthday.
This is an incredibly factual statement. Happy Beardthday.

edit: oh, and big congrats to 343 for going gold, since I'm late to the party as usual. Gotta be an enormous feeling of accomplishment, and I'm so happy that we'll be getting concrete info from now on.

Top Bottom