• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

anigif_enhanced-buzz-gqaja.gif

I would take making minor grammatical mistakes while using a phone to being so daft that I try and pull the rug over my own mistakes rather than just simply unban people anyday.

Note I said... some moderators, didnt want to offend the ones that are not actually so stupid.

When are the birthday rewards going to start being sent out? Mine was last week and I don't wanna wait another year for a reward, lol.

I think they started as of that announcement. Most likely they'll appear automatically on your profile here if it's the same with the other rewards.

Does anyone else think of Mech Assault whenever they hear the word Ragnarok? 7 Elementals (Mantis!) vs 1 Ragnarok was too damn fun in that game.

nillapuddin

Did anything special cause the enormous amount of pages since yesterday?

I can't find anything besides the bulletin and the sparkast.

I posted a link dump for my lurker friends
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=42625624&postcount=14252

The only reason I was asked to be staff was because I had a NeoGAF account. Shows how Internet-old the group is.

Fair enough, just funny seeing your name there, took me by surprise

Microsoft: Release this green chrome controller and I will buy the shit out of it. It still boggles my mind that there's only red, blue, and silver.

You're even advertising it!

achievement point score humblebrag

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
It's looking like i'll have to buy the anniversary maps so i can >attempt< to get full gamerscore before H4 drops.

I can't not have 100% on a halo game. Fuq Dat.

Halo Wars? inb4Halo2Vista (doesn't count in my eyes)

Halo wars doesn't count in my eyes, either. lololol

It's looking like i'll have to buy the anniversary maps so i can >attempt< to get full gamerscore before H4 drops.

I can't not have 100% on a halo game. Fuq Dat.

Halo Wars too? inb4Halo2Vista (doesn't count in my eyes or to Waypoint)

Hopefully we get something special for having 100% across all Halo games on Waypoint.

Oooh, out of interest what is it that Xbox is giving people in terms of Halo swag for the American Election? How does that work exactly, im based in the UK and so dont think I can even view that part of the site!

Haha wow from the sounds of it some of those waypoint moderators are not too bright... Glad they're antics are getting exposed on here even if it's just for the cheap laughs.

They can be a bit heavy-handed at times, but it's a necessary measure for an official forum like Waypoint. There are enough actual leaks and trolls on that board that I'm not surprised a few legitimate threads get locked in the process. Keep in mind that it isn't a community-owned forum; Microsoft has a clear and obvious interest in preventing the spread of leaked info to keep partners and media happy.

I don't mind GAF trolling the immature masses that flock to B.net and Waypoint, but I do get bothered when we're fanning the flames and creating a bigger mess for the moderators. I've met many of them and they're all good people.

TheOddOne

Major League Gaming Reveals Pre-Release Halo 4 Tournament!
Even though the game doesn't hit retail until November 6th, MLG will be holding a pre-release Halo 4 tournament during its Fall Championship in Dallas, Texas. Those of you lucky enough to be in the Dallas area during the event will have the chance to challenge other gamers in 4v4 matches, competing for $40,000 in prize money.

The tournament play kicks off November 2nd at 5pm central time and all of the action will be streamed live on the MLG website throughout the weekend. Dave "Walshy" Walsh and Andy "Bravo" Dudynsky will be there providing commentary during the event and you can check out the official broadcast schedule below!

Friday, November 2 – 5:00pm – Midnight CST (Broadcast):

• First Look Game Analysis - Bravo, Walshy and pro players will provide an in-depth first look at the game including a Pro analysis of new weapons, gametypes, maps, and features.
  • Interviews – Bravo and Walshy interview top competitors and personalities attending MLG Dallas to get their first thoughts on the new game, and to divulge how they prepared for the tournament.
  • Scrimmages - Top teams will face off as they warm-up and formulate strategies for the first time in Halo 4. The broadcast will showcase Pro Scrimmages, Show-Matches, and Exhibition.

bLQpi.png

YWvKQ.png

Looks a lot better in video, but I still think the decals are a bit much.

^It really is, Scottish fold. :3

Hot. It's amazing how far we've come in 11 years.
OmCZJ.jpg

halo-1-screenshot-grass.jpg

:lol

Im not really digging Ragnarok's look, its too much of the same and plain.
That bungie tweet was gold Gui. haha

Mmm that looks like Reach non-interactive water.. Valhala won't be the same without the sick water physics from Halo 3. Frankie failed us.

Eh, look to the left.. I swear I can see ripples around the splash.

Enfinit

Halo wars doesn't count in my eyes, either. lololol

Halo Wars is the only Halo game I have that's not 100%'d. While I really, really don't want it to count, for some reason I want that maximum career milestone and the ability to say "I've 100% the entire Halo franchise."

Including Halo 2 Vista, which totally doesn't count.

They can be a bit heavy-handed at times, but it's a necessary measure for an official forum like Waypoint. There are enough actual leaks and trolls on that board that I'm not surprised a few legitimate threads get locked in the process. Keep in mind that it isn't a community-owned forum; Microsoft has a clear and obvious interest in preventing the spread of leaked info to keep partners and media happy.

I don't mind GAF trolling the immature masses that flock to B.net and Waypoint, but I do get bothered when we're fanning the flames and creating a bigger mess for the moderators. I've met many of them and they're all good people.

It doesn't affect me because I don't post there, but while I agree with you, surely you agree its pretty shady to add a rule to the rules list rather than just unban the person you wrongly banned... after you know they didn't break the rules?

For sure I imagine many of the mods are nice guys, the one who acted shady in that instance deserves to be called out for it though.

As far as I can tell, this? (I'm Canadian, but I can access this on the rewards site when signed out)

Thanks for the info!

I couldnt see the page at all, and I wasnt signed in, weird.

Nice! Some MW3 gameplay!

I stopped playing CoD MP a long time ago but that shit looked fun! The maps are looking like they're getting better at letting you actually see the enemies.. So many floating papers have been shot on Overgrown ;b

Too bad it comes out so close to Halo 4. Well played.

HA "Inverted/Not Inverted" - Funny to finally see that as the option! I hope Frankie was responsible for all of that lol

"Since when ded Hay-low have ludouts?"

"What game doesn't 'ave ludouts?"

wat

Hearing the people in the background of that video was pretty distracting, I ended up just closing it lol - hope those headphones are good otherwise I imagine it would put people off the game lol.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
That's going to be so awesome / excruciating to watch just a few days before launch.

http://i.imgur.com/bLQpi.png[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/YWvKQ.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
:lol

[quote="Gabotron ES, post: 42640989"][url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKhkWKmYKvM]lol @0.14[/url][/QUOTE]
The part with the sniper right after that is even more embarrassing.

Also: the Boltshot looks so awesome. I'm not even going to miss the Mauler.

Fuchsdh

Halo Wars is the only Halo game I have that's not 100%'d. While I really, really don't want it to count, for some reason I want that maximum career milestone and the ability to say "I've 100% the entire Halo franchise."

Including Halo 2 Vista, which totally doesn't count.
I'm actually going to be back on Live soon. We need to boost that General.

GhaleonEB

The part with the sniper right after that is even more embarrassing.

Also: the Boltshot looks so awesome. I'm not even going to miss the Mauler.

It just occured to me that the Boltshot is basically the Mauler and Spiker in one. Only it can do headshots, or disintegrate dudes. Which is kind of awesome.

"Shit, I'm clock that game so fast bruv".

"I clocked your mom so fast bruv

Wagwan, say somefin."

It just occured to me that the Boltshot is basically the Mauler and Spiker in one. Only it can do headshots, or disintegrate dudes. Which is kind of awesome.

Yeah it really does look like its a lot better than the human pistol at least. PP still has its unique role, but I wonder why anyone would pick the Pistol over the Boltshot?

nillapuddin

I'm actually going to be back on Live soon. We need to boost that General.

Its pretty fun actually, and very easy to do

My friend and I farmed eachother for Generals this summer, 40 min = max points,
He farmed me, Then me him, etc, etc

edit:
that blops video, looked awful beyond reason
that just is not the kind of gameplay I want to participate in
...and we thought Steitzer talked alot

Talents

Banned
"I clocked your mom so fast bruv

Wagwan, say something."

"Why are these people playing games they know they are going to buy... must be doing it for bragging rights - yo get merked fam"

"Shit, I'm gonna clock that game so fast bruv".

One of my mates talks like this, didn't know any chav talk before, now I know their whole dictionary. -.-

Well I do live in Essex, so chav talk is necessary here for people to understand you.

Top Bottom