• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

I don't get the idea that the Boltshot is a zero skill weapon. That'll drive plenty of people away from it.

Oh I never said its a zero skill weapon. Just that compared to the human pistol it seems a lot better. Why would anyone pick the Human Pistol over it?

The boltshot will still take a lot of skill to use, but for a skilled player it seems more beneficial than the human pistol does.

Its pretty fun actually, and very easy to do

My friend and I farmed eachother for Generals this summer, 40 min = max points,
He farmed me, Then me him, etc, etc

juice_in_your_face_gif.gif

It just occured to me that the Boltshot is basically the Mauler and Spiker in one. Only it can do headshots, or disintegrate dudes. Which is kind of awesome.
All of the new weapons seem pretty great, the Light Rifle in particular. I really like the idea of bringing more dual-fire-mode weapons to the game.

One of my mates talks like this, didn't know any chav talk before, now I know their whole dictionary. -.-

Well I do live in Essex, so chav talk is necessary here for people to understand you.

Fam, u live in Essex n u neva herd a bruv speek, U sum Wasteman ting? Chil b4 da mandem lik off ya hed tops

Oh I never said its a zero skill weapon. Just that compared to the human pistol it seems a lot better. Why would anyone pick the Human Pistol over it?

The boltshot will still take a lot of skill to use, but for a skilled player it seems more beneficial than the human pistol does.

I totally agree with you- but you were asking why anyone would go with the magnum, and what I was saying was that the skill curve on the boltshot may drive some people away from it.

Not people like us, though. I can't wait to try it out. I'm planning on it being my go-to secondary on non-vehicle maps.

So the DMR has less bloom/aim assist from Halo Reach according to the Sparkcast

MLG pro/tryhard weapon of choice CONFIRMED

*will be scrubby bk BR user*

I totally agree with you- but you were asking why anyone would go with the magnum, and what I was saying was that the skill curve on the boltshot may drive some people away from it.

Not people like us, though. I can't wait to try it out. I'm planning on it being my go-to secondary on non-vehicle maps.

Sorry I totally misread your post!

I agree to an extent, but without bloom its potentially less frustrating to use even for 'noobs'. It just seems like an all round more effective gun.

Not that I mind that :p

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, that announcer is way worse than Halo 4's. It's not even the voice, really but the radio clicks at the beginning and end of each announcement is just super irritating. The fact that he won't shut up for more than three seconds doesn't help, either.
The radio click sounds make it even worse. Suddenly I'm grateful we're getting nervous Steitzer.

Fam, u live in Essex n u neva herd a bruv speek, U sum Wasteman ting? Chil b4 da mandem lik off ya hed tops

who r u tho?

You might get a kick out of this move by the way:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGIcf-vfEOI

The concept seems a bit behind the times, the whole urban thing feels like its passed - but I kind of know people who made it so im interested in seeing how it turns out - script was hilarious, but cheesy lol.

I agree to an extent, but without bloom its potentially less frustrating to use even for 'noobs'. It just seems like an all round more effective gun.

Not to mention the Boltshot actually looks easier to use than the Magnum anyway lol

Talents

Banned
Oi bruv, don't disrespect me like that wasteman or I'll cut you up! Get mah mandem on you and knock ya block off. I come ere to kotch blud, don't make me knock you bruv ting, im built like a brick shit house.

I wouldn't mind that, either! Magnum looks like hot garbage from what I've seen.

So the DMR has less bloom/aim assist from Halo Reach according to the Sparkcast

MLG pro/tryhard weapon of choice CONFIRMED

*will be scrubby bk BR user*

I'm looking forward to having both. DMR for bigger maps like Exile and Ragnarok, and BR on maps like Haven and Adrift.

Karl2177

Something that irritates me in the BlOps2 video that Cyren linked is how he is firing a fully auto gun with 0 kickback. Also the spawns on that map have to be horrid.

Akai__

Halo Wars General is my last Halo achievment I need. Luckily, it takes only 23 minutes to boost 1 round with max points. I hit Brigadier yesterday, so only 480.000 points to go or ~13 matches. My partner needs the same amount of points, so basically ~26 matches.

Don't know, why you need 960.000 points to get General. If you don't boost, it's like over 300 games, with an average of 3000 points, that you have to play.

---

Happy Birthday Heckfu. May the beard be with you. :D

So without playing the game. I know my load out will be
primary: Light Rifle
secondary: Boltshot
AA: Thruster
The other mods will be based off game type.
What does everybody else intend on using?

So without playing the game. I know my load out will be
primary: Light Rifle
secondary: Boltshot
AA: Thruster
The other mods will be based off game type.
What does everybody else intend on using?

Smaller maps:
BR
Boltshot
Thruster
Plasma Nades

Larger (vehicular) maps:

DMR
Plasma Pistol
Regen
Pulse Grenades

I'm going to have to toy with the armor enhancements some to get a feel for those before I can decide which ones to use.

I'm not exactly sure what you are expecting them to explain.

'It felt like you died too fast, you'd melt instantly under any sort of teamshot, so we changed it.'

I really hope that's not their main reasoning for it even though it probably is.. When people say that I usually just bring up Halo 1, so here it is :]

I can't be sure, but it seems they were implying that the vehicle would eventually go back to 100% health? But its health was still separate from the player health.. or something.

They talked about if a Warthog got below 75% health, it could only recharge up to 75%. Once the first 25% has been depleted, it's gone.

Top Bottom