• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

I had lots of fun. Sorry I had to go but the fatigue was wearing on me. Nice to see cocopjojo bring in the cavalry when customs felt empty... It was also nice to have post-nap Sai-kun.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Arena with out Armor Lock. I'M FREEEEEE

Too bad the MLG playlist is out in a few days. Oh well.

Sai-kun

Banned
Hydranockz said:
I had lots of fun. Sorry I had to go but the fatigue was wearing on me. Nice to see cocopjojo bring in the cavalry when customs felt empty... It was also nice to have post-nap Sai-kun.

Without my naps, I'm kind of a bitch.

zumphry

Banned
Devolution said:
Territories on Tempest is just ar/pistol start.

We still rocked that shit but really, bungie, when will you learn?

I haven't been on, so I wasn't there to scream at you guys to remind you what gametypes are regular AR/Pistol and what ones are DMR.

ZayneH said:
I haven't been on, so I wasn't there to scream at you guys to remind you what gametypes are regular AR/Pistol and what ones are DMR.

YOU FAILED ME FOR THE LAST TIME ZAYNE.

>=o

We were wondering where you were though, we needed the laughter. No one can "hurpa derp" like you <3.

chapel

Banned
squidhands said:
Had a blast in customs, guys. Sorry I couldn't stay long.
Blame Stosh if I ever did see one.
That was me driving, I don't know what happened, but it was crazy. We were just there spinning in the air screaming and laughing.

I agree that Arena with no AL/Radar and only one grenade starts are fantastic. I hope more people will play it. I hope we could get another playlist similar but not rated.

TheOddOne said:
What the flying Wraiths :lol
I've run into some weirdness on Breakpoint alright. Tried to take a Ghost for a nice quiet ride to the research lab tonight and, well ...

mkxitd.jpg

2ijrz21.jpg

28a3jo5.jpg

I think I achieved hyperspace (zero to cliff face in .5 seconds) :lol

non-bungie-pro-peasant video clip here

Brainboy

The only weird thing I've run into on Breakpoint is two laser kills being awarded to people who happened to be firing their DMRs at the Wraith at the same time as the laser was fired.

ZayneH said:
:lol :lol Just glad to do my part.

And thanks for the render, mystery gaffer. If I have another one of these I just might as well sign up for Bungie Pro. I don't see myself quitting Reach anytime soon.

neoism

Sorry I quit out last night guys.. :( I had to worst headache I've had in years, had to go to bed... I have to play all day to get the weekly lol So I'll play with anyone willing. :)

Pretty easy challenges but OMG that 77 automatic weapons kill one is going to FUCK MM up hard today. Beware of AR's everywhere. I'd probably toss my controller against a wall if I played today.

MrBig

xxjuicesxx said:
Pretty easy challenges but OMG that 77 automatic weapons kill one is going to FUCK MM up hard today. Beware of AR's everywhere. I'd probably toss my controller against a wall if I played today.
Multi team can get you it in a few games.

feel

NullPointer said:
I've run into some weirdness on Breakpoint alright. Tried to take a Ghost for a nice quiet ride to the research lab tonight and, well ...

http://i51.tinypic.com/mkxitd.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/2ijrz21.jpg/IMG]

[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/28a3jo5.jpg/IMG]

non-bungie-pro-peasant video clip [URL="http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=10749711&player=NullPointer256"][B]here[/B][/URL][/QUOTE]
:lol :lol

I believe something similiar happened coco's Wraith yesterday during the game on Breakpoint.

It's as worrying as it is hilarious.

Also I was playing Pinnacle multi-team last night elite slayer and the spawn system just broke down and shattered into a million pieces. I received the same spawn for almost the entire game.

It was like how green team spawns at rockets on the cage over and over, but I was orange team on Pinnacle. Anyone seen this?

I put it in my fileshare buts its the whole game so just download it if you wanna see. Its kinda ridiculous. :lol

kylej said:
Welp not getting that AR challenge. Tried the AR out on launch day and that was one day too many.

ar.png

Haha thats hilarious. WTF thats just straight denial of useage.

MrBig

The automatics commendation is the only one thats not up to bronze for me yet, and this will finally get it up there :lol :lol

e: Forgot about this, got my first Reach Perfection yesterday on Breakpoint. http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/CareerStats/medals.aspx?player=Mr Kwatz

I got into the banshee three times and got out before it exploded and got borded once. 16 kills with that and 25 total for an Untouchable to go with it :D
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=349038415&player=Mr Kwatz

Fun games last night, glad I could finally experience the chaos of ghostbusters. Also, I wanted to mention how sad I am the Bungie changed the gravity hammer so much. It really changes Griffball. It was a lot more interesting, but inconsistent weapon in halo 3.

NullPointer said:

:lol

squidhands said:
Had a blast in customs, guys. Sorry I couldn't stay long.
Blame Stosh if I ever did see one.

This was from an earlier game, but the faceplant the guy does after he gets spattered really made me laugh. The rest is me getting my Poppin' & Lockin' achievement. :D

Oh god :lol :lol

50 More kills for the weekly! I've put a ton of time into Reach this week (well, for me at least), with the new map pack hitting.

I finally am starting to get back into the groove too. Picking up power weapons on timers, the DMR Rhythm, feels good when it clicks.

chapel

Banned
arfail.png

I just don't use the AR at all. Refuse to. It is to a point that I have a pistol, and if I can't switch out my weapon it is melee or run.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
chapel said:
arfail.png

I just don't use the AR at all. Refuse to. It is to a point that I have a pistol, and if I can't switch out my weapon it is melee or run.
Irrational hate detected.

chapel

Banned
Don't get me wrong, this isn't a drm vs ar thing, I just don't like using it. Rarely am I in a position where it is my last resort, as you can tell. I think it works as a weapon, and is better than previous incarnations, but I don't like to use it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
chapel said:
Don't get me wrong, this isn't a drm vs ar thing, I just don't like using it. Rarely am I in a position where it is my last resort, as you can tell. I think it works as a weapon, and is better than previous incarnations, but I don't like to use it.
So even though it is functionally useful in many, many situations and is heavily versatile, you keep it as your last resort and use the pistol instead?

NullPointer said:
:lol :lol Just glad to do my part.

And thanks for the render, mystery gaffer. If I have another one of these I just might as well sign up for Bungie Pro. I don't see myself quitting Reach anytime soon.

Not gonna lie, I was really, really hoping your ghost would splatter that banshee in midair after it went flying.

That would have been astonishing

enzo_gt said:
So even though it is functionally useful in many, many situations and is heavily versatile, you keep it as your last resort and use the pistol instead?

Im the same, and its simply because I find the AR boring to use. I would much rather go against the odds and try and pull off a Pistol 5 shot than just mow someone down with the AR. Im a bit odd, I like winning but instead of going for the dull yet easy win I sort of prefer the feeling of satisfaction coming from when you do outpistol someone.

Hate to say it, but the Halo AR will never be something I enjoy using. Its a very powerful weapon, but meh it just isnt much fun to use for me.

chapel

Banned
enzo_gt said:
Yeah, it's not like the pistol sucks or anything. It is a short to medium range weapon where the ar is short only.

kylej said:
Welp not getting that AR challenge. Tried the AR out on launch day and that was one day too many.

ar.png
Whoah AR wielding casual gamer alert.

My Stats - Competive
1fD57.png

I straight up refuse to use it... It may be decent in Reach, but it stands for everything wrong with Halo.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Devin Olsen said:

My Stats - Competive
1fD57.png

I straight up refuse to use it... It may be decent in Reach, but it stands for everything wrong with Halo.
bobs and chapel, I understand. This?

This is the mentality that makes me smh.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Devin Olsen said:

My Stats - Competive
1fD57.png

I completely agree, I hate these kinds of weapons in any game, LMGs in COD are in the same boat.

GhaleonEB

NullPointer said:

mkxitd.jpg

2ijrz21.jpg

28a3jo5.jpg

Amazing. :lol

Not excited by the Daily's today. I know it's still the week of the Noble release so I was expecting MP flavored ones still, but those aren't that fun or rich.

enzo_gt said:
bobs and chapel, I understand. This?

This is the mentality that makes me smh.
The AR and the SMG both were geared towards the casual gamer... Hold down the trigger and with relatively little skill you will be able to nail your target.

Both of those weapons were forced down our throat in Halo 2, 3, and ODST.

Spawning with an SMG in Coag or an AR in Valhalla is something that cannot easily be forgotten.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
You guys need to start using the AR more...it's useful

edit: So do I apparently :lol

GhaleonEB

Devin Olsen said:
The AR and the SMG both were geared towards the casual gamer... Hold down the trigger and with relatively little skill you will be able to nail your target.

Both of those weapons were forced down our throat in Halo 2, 3, and ODST.

Spawning with an SMG in Coag or an AR in Valhalla is something that cannot easily be forgotten.
Um. You left out Halo 1, which had exactly two weapons capable of headshots. The ratio of automatic/other to headshot capable weapons has been pretty steady through the entire series. Halo's combat has always been about more than landing noggin busters.

Top Bottom