• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Good games guys, especially that hologramfest at the end. :lol

Louis Wu said:
Are you seriously trying to make the argument that there are no circumstances in which the AR is a 'better' weapon to have in hand than a DMR?

That' idiotic.

Can you think of any?

Not restarting the conversation, just asking what situation you think the AR is better in.

I can't think of a single situation in which the pistol or DMR aren't better than the AR in every way.

You know I almost wish Reach had a clan/group option. Not for competitive reasons of course, cause I mostly laugh at clans. But it would be cool as a social tool. Like a neogaf one so custom/mm hook ups are easier, because all the gaffers I've played with so far are pretty cool people.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Sai-kun said:
Not a glitch! You can shoot up through the shield floor of the spire.

Not intentionally, I've tried to snipe guys through the floor countless times, it blocks the shots.

The reason his lands is because the player model is actually passing through the shield.

feel

Devolution said:
You know I almost wish Reach had a clan/group option. Not for competitive reasons of course, cause I mostly laugh at clans. But it would be cool as a social tool. Like a neogaf one so custom/mm hook ups are easier, because all the gaffers I've played with so far are pretty cool people.
Nah, they just behave when you're around.

Letters said:
Nah, they just behave when you're around.

o_rly_owl.jpg

MrBig

Gui_PT said:
Yeah, that's been my favorite AA for a while now. People fall for it 90% of the time.

gg's
Yep. Need to get enough people for invasion next time. I'd like to play it again, since I've only played it on the last customs, in which we ended up camping the elite's bomb spawn. Looks like a great map for invasion otherwise.
I don't get why they don't allow invasion in the Noble playlist, theres enough people.

GhaleonEB said:
You know where Armor Lock is awesome? Firefight. Seeing a buddy surrounded by 20 dudes armor locking out of desperation and me managing to save his hide felt great.

I ran into a random in my first Firefight game this afternoon, and it was just the two of us on Courtyard. Had some wicked encounters, including one wave where drop pods dropped off two squads of high-ranking Elites, and then both Phantoms dropped off Elites as well. We got rocked so hard, it was comical. :lol

Not every day a random and I are talking strategy before a wave starts; neither of us wanted the Target Locator, preferring other weapons we had on hand. I was like, is this real?

We buddied up for the next game, and in that one picked up a third we kept for the next game (which was just the three of us) and had a great time. With both of us voting for regular Firefight, which is enough to guarantee it. I'll post a gaggle of highlights later.

We had one absurd wave on Outpost where both Phantoms dropped guys off in one location....there was just so many guys out there at once, the entire level was just pure anarchy.

When you have a good firefight team without any latency issues, it is amazing. It basically distills everything that is awesome about co-op campaign into non-stop action.

MrBig said:
I don't get why they don't allow invasion in the Noble playlist, theres enough people.

Yeah or at least optimize the invasion search in a way that people with new maps all hook up so they can play Breakpoint. The chances of getting it in Invasion are so slim it's ridiculous.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
MrBig said:
Yep. Need to get enough people for invasion next time. I'd like to play it again, since I've only played it on the last customs, in which we ended up camping the elite's bomb spawn. Looks like a great map for invasion otherwise.

They are too busy doing dumb shit like adding Snipers to BTB.

Alienshogun said:
They are too busy doing dumb shit like adding Snipers to BTB.

I like BTB Snipers. :lol

It didnt work on Boneyard because of the bad spawns, and I find that on maps like Hemmorage it just becomes a camp fest, but it can be a fun crazy mode.

Lead Based Paint said:
Jesus christ I really want to give up on you guys sometimes.

Instead discussing things that are worthwhile and things that can actually be improved, we get pages of more ar dmr pistol bullshit and ignore everything else.

Agreed, but start up a conversation then! I have expressed my opinions, and I think its a good way to analyse the game, but only you know what issues you wanna raise.

Also to be fair, if we're all complaining about the same couple of things, then most of the game must be fairly good. So don't be quick to assume cause people hit on the same things/points constantly that they hate the game. Certain things (ARMOR LOCK) really stand out as flawed because other parts of the game are so polished.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Devolution said:
Also to be fair, if we're all complaining about the same couple of things, then most of the game must be fairly good. So don't be quick to assume cause people hit on the same things/points constantly that they hate the game. Certain things (ARMOR LOCK) really stand out as flawed because other parts of the game are so polished.

I don't think anyone here is actually saying the game is garbage, just the usual complaints about playlists, weapons, and AAs. That's simply going to happen anyway.

It's still the best game on Live even with those issues.

Hypertrooper said:
I often say that hologram would never trick me out again. But it still happens... :lol

The game we just played was BTB on boardwalk and I think most of us were using Hologram, we had a damned imaginary army fighting for us. :lol

Alienshogun said:
I don't think anyone here is actually saying the game is garbage, just the usual complaints about playlists, weapons, and AAs.

I don't either, I'm saying people are like "oh no not this discussion again."

But man the game really does need some playlist adjusting and better maps.

/beats horses skeleton

Hypertrooper said:
I often say that hologram would never trick me out again. But it still happens... :lol
I think there was a point during a custom slayer game on Anchor 9 were MrBig was at the bottom of the open stairs. I knew he had sent a hologram up first. I KNEW it as I would have done the very same. Then it happened. The hologram came up those steps... and I fucking followed it and got assassinated. It's as if it triggered the most primal response in me to just disregard any knowledge I had about hologram long enough for me to fall for it. I shook my head. I SHOOK MY HEAD DAMNIT!

How has the assist system not been addressed? Sometimes I'll put 3 shots into an enemy or beat them down once and not get an assist. So messed up.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Devolution said:

/beats horses skeleton

Yeah, well, it's GAF, people will bitch, then people will bitch about bitching, then people will bitch about them. It's the nature of the beast. :lol

backflip10019 said:
How has the assist system not been addressed? Sometimes I'll put 3 shots into an enemy or beat them down once and not get an assist. So messed up.

It's the same.

Alienshogun said:
Yeah, well, it's GAF people will bitch, then people will bitch about bitching, then people will bitch about them. It's the nature of the beast. :lol

It's like Inception, but instead of dreams, it's whining.

Devolution said:

/beats horses skeleton

Infection needs to be tweaked, Objective needs to be tweaked, Arena and Invasion are probably doomed and tweaks wont help.

Gui_PT

backflip10019 said:

Now Dani's going to have to upgrade the page's stats

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Pre-release I thought Hologram would be absolutely gamebreaking and too radical to work well in actual gameplay. Man was I wrong. It hits the sweet spot, and is totally awesome.

enzo_gt said:
Pre-release I thought Hologram would be absolutely gamebreaking and too radical to work well in actual gameplay. Man was I wrong. It hits the sweet spot, and is totally awesome.
Totally agree. Finding the trick to make it switch direction is really crafty too.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Hydranockz said:
Totally agree. Finding the trick to make it switch direction is really crafty too.
I swear if this is like using a d-pad to control it or on the level of that Grenade launcher shit from the first page of this thread I'm gonna explode.

Nah guys, you gotta realise that your dude will run off a ledge. So if you target a point before the landing area of a mancannon which it will go over, once it lands it will turn around to get there. It's the same if you point directly below a ledge, but it won't run as far. Still though, the change of direction is enough to fool most.

Kuroyume said:
People who bitch about people bitching are bitches.
I laughed at this because this post is, essentially, "bitching." Who are the people who bitch about people bitching about people who are bitching? :lol

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
mutha fuka. i just stuck an ALer who kicked my own plasma nade into my face :(

Striker

Anyone familiar with map-gametype combinations in Forge? I'm sure Ghaleon and runNOKYARDrun is, so maybe if they're online they'll fill me in.

Do you guys know what it means by "as_res_zone", "as_res_zone_away", etc. for Assault advanced settings? I have a shield door as a spawn room (similar to Terminal's top garage, I guess) but only want it for Skirmish style games, so it's open for Slayer games.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Striker said:
Anyone familiar with map-gametype combinations in Forge? I'm sure Ghaleon and runNOKYARDrun is, so maybe if they're online they'll fill me in.

Do you guys know what it means by "as_res_zone", "as_res_zone_away", etc. for Assault advanced settings? I have a shield door as a spawn room (similar to Terminal's top garage, I guess) but only want it for Skirmish style games, so it's open for Slayer games.

http://www.bungie.net/fanclub/forge...pleEntryDisplay.aspx?db=ArticleListingDisplay

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Striker said:

TLDR version

as_res_zone - Spawn area label for a pre-defined area that a team will spawn in during an assault game. The engine will favour any spawns placed in this pre-defined area during assault.

as_res_zone_away - When the bomb is planted, this pre-defined area will be favoured by the engine. Will assist iin shifting spawning locations during a match.

Both labels should be applied to a certain team.

backflip10019 said:

Its so demoralizing when you melee someone knocking off their shields and one of your teammates headshots them without you getting an assist for your troubles.

Top Bottom