• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

GhaleonEB

BlueScrote said:
When you have a good firefight team without any latency issues, it is amazing. It basically distills everything that is awesome about co-op campaign into non-stop action.
Yeah the netcode has been smoking for me lately; I've barely noticed any. It's almost been as solid as MP the past few weeks, one or two odd games aside.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Poppin and lockin is going to be hard to get, and annoying. It's forcing me to play in a way I don't want to, and people are very aware of armor lock now, most won't go for the splatter.

Willeth

Alienshogun said:
Poppin and lockin is going to be hard to get, and annoying. It's forcing me to play in a way I don't want to, and people are very aware of armor lock now, most won't go for the splatter.
I've been getting AL kills like crazy today. Just jump into Invasion, there's enough Ghosts around that people will be dying to splatter you.

It helps if you don't lock immediately, but rather if you jump around trying to evade like you don't have AL. That's much more likely to initiate a charge.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Willeth said:
I've been getting AL kills like crazy today. Just jump into Invasion, there's enough Ghosts around that people will be dying to splatter you.

It helps if you don't lock immediately, but rather if you jump around trying to evade like you don't have AL. That's much more likely to initiate a charge.

Oh, I do that, but now people just hover outside away from you and simply shoot you.

I'm going to do what someone else suggested and face away, act idle, next time I go for it. After that I'm done with BTB for a while., BTB just isn't much fun right now.

Kuroyume

Banned
Played against a dude who was wearing Security and had the weather effect. Both look really nice. Security while not as nice as the Halo 3 version still looks better than the other helmets in the game.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Most of my AL kills I got on Hemorrhage in BTB. No shortage of retards wanting splatter kills on there.

feel

After failing to get any fun out of Reach today all day, decided to pop in Halo 3, and damn, fun achieved!! This is so much better, no bullshit involved, just pure Halo. <3

Kujo

Alienshogun said:
Oh, I do that, but now people just hover outside away from you and simply shoot you.
Elite Slayer on Coagulation is easy to get this. What I do is take a Needle Rifle and use it instead of a Needler so people think I have a different AA and then try to splatter (also pretend you're not paying any attention to them)

Speaking of Needle Rifles, I got betrayed for one on Invasion yesterday (and he died 10 seconds later), I was just amazed. What's next, getting betrayed for a Plasma Rifle?

kylej

Banned
Letters said:
After failing to get any fun out of Reach today all day, decided to pop in Halo 3, and damn, fun achieved!! This is so much better, no bullshit involved, just pure Halo. <3

You need to play with my friends and I. Reach sucks competitively but crapping on kids in Noble & BTB is never not fun.

GhaleonEB

Plywood said:
No problem, I mean I would've used that gif like a dozen times already if it weren't the case.
Can you describe it? I'm not up on the latest banned memes. I'm all for doing so, but I'm not sure what the latest round is and don't want to run afoul.

feel

GhaleonEB said:
Can you describe it? I'm not up on the latest banned memes. I'm all for doing so, but I'm not sure what the latest round is and don't want to run afoul.
It was two banned things in one actually, cool story bro + seizure inducing effect

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I was also made to look like one of those Now That's What I Call Music albums:

9cPX9.jpg

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Plywood said:
I was also made to look like one of those Now That's What I Call Music albums:

I just realized you're Xeno, makes sense now. I think earlier today was the first time we played together.

kylej said:
You need to play with my friends and I. Reach sucks competitively but crapping on kids in Noble & BTB is never not fun.

Mind if I FR you? I'm not great, but I'm not terrible (most of the time) either.

I'm going - on KDR at the moment from trying to get damned poppin' and lockin' though.

Alienshogun said:
Oh snap, I have a friend!

See that everyone?!? I have a friend! :D

And like that, their reign of terror began.

Add me to the list of people that want to see rocket race get its own playlist. Please get it out of multiteam along with green team.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Bregmann Roche said:
And like that, their reign of terror began.

Add me to the list of people that want to see rocket race get its own playlist. Please get it out of multiteam along with green team.

:lol

Yeah, all those stupid modes need to just go into grab bag, and BTB snipers needs to die in a fire.

Insaniac

got the weekly last night at 2 am haha. I actually was sick one day this week and played the entire day :( I actually reached the daily credit limit legit :(

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I just got the weekly. I needed 17 kills in the last game and I got exactly 17 :lol

POINTS POINTS POINTS

neoism

Tashi0106 said:
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I just got the weekly. I needed 17 kills in the last game and I got exactly 17 :lol

POINTS POINTS POINTS
yeah I played so much today... Got about 45k credits.. which a lot for me.

Kuroyume

Banned
Striker, sorry but I'm not going to be able to play. Internet has been really poor the past two days whether incredibley slow or flat out not working at all. Worked for a few hours earlier while I was playing and posting on here but I just tried to play a few games now and I couldn't get a game going. Have trouble even trying to get this forum to load to post this. Had like only 100 kills left for the weekly too. :(

GhaleonEB

Random Firefight highlights from today.

I thought I was going to tag this Jackal with the laser while also nailing the Hunter.

reach_10771874_Full.jpg

Turns out it was a squad of poorly trained dudes.

reach_10771910_Full.jpg

reach_10797200_Full.jpg

reach_10797185_Full.jpg

Videos:

I felt really good about boarding this Ghost for about one half of a second.

Nothing really major here, just a really big wave all clustered together. It reminded me of the big Brute pack fight on Tsavo in Halo 3, the kind of big infantry shootouts that aren't really in the Reach campaign. Was proud of the Ghost stick at the end.

This one's not really a highlight, just fun gameplay.. I wasn't going to post it, but I figured why not. It's just a full Round of Firefight on Holdout. Some good stuff, some bad play, but lots and lots of crazy fun moments. I rendered it for my personal collection, part of what I think of as representative films. Just a long clip showing why Firefight is so awesome. I have a big folder of clips like that from Halo 3, just fun gameplay. Someday I might make a montage, but at the least they're clips I'll look back on fondly.

I plan to go back and get some screens later, but Elites just love to hop on the turrets on Holdout and tear things up. One got me, and I saw a gold Elite later mow down the other two dudes in rapid succession. I think they were surprised. :lol

Holdout is not a good Score Attack map, but it's all sorts of crazy for regular Firefight.

Someone should hop online and play with me so I don't have to suffer these dailies alone.

Edit: I'm in a Swat lobby where the entire other team is letting me kill them with no opposition just because they're bored. It's ridiculous. Free Perfections!

Magni

Hey Dani =) I've never played so badly in SWAT, none of my shots were hitting, ugh.

Sorry for not having a mike, fuck Astro's shitty construction (the MixAmp is great, but the headset.. ugh).

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
MagniHarvald said:
Hey Dani =) I've never played so badly in SWAT, none of my shots were hitting, ugh.

Sorry for not having a mike, fuck Astro's shitty construction (the MixAmp is great, but the headset.. ugh).

No worries dude. =)

Wow, what a night. A bunch of goofs giving me free Perfections, Exterminations and Overkills, finishing all the dailies and getting my Double Kill from the Grave. Boo yah.

Sai-kun

Banned
4000cR Not in the Face
Complete any Campaign mission on Heroic in 30 minutes with Black Eye on.

1000cR Blastin' and Relaxin'
Kill 90 enemies in any game mode in Reach.

1000cR A Friend in Need
Earn 10 assists in Firefight Matchmaking.

1500cR Roast 'em, Toast 'em
Kill 35 enemies while jet-packing in Exodus on Normal.

1750cR Iron With Friends
Complete a Campaign mission co-op on Heroic or harder with the Iron Skull on.

Bungie be trollin' with them jetpack dailies.

Gui_PT

Back to the bad weeklies =\

The rest of the challenges are nice, except for the assists one, and the jetpack one....

Ok, that co-op campaign challenge is good :lol

Anyone want to do that in about 8 hours?

Top Bottom