• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Gui_PT said:
Anyone want to do that in about 8 hours?

Hm I might be up for it. Should we try to do Black Eye and Iron ones together? Will the jetpack one only work on Normal or can it be done on Heroic? Would be awesome to get all 3 in one go.

Gui_PT

We can try to get them all in one run. Only problem might be finishing the level in less than 30 minutes.

There's an extra spot if someone wants to join.

Edit: I think the jetpack one should be done separately. Only one of us will get rockets and we'd have to revert to last save to get the challenge done.

Sai-kun

Banned
Gui_PT said:
We can try to get them all in one run. Only problem might be finishing the level in less than 30 minutes.

There's an extra spot if someone wants to join.

I'm down :) I should be awake then!

Yeah and since the jetpack is acquired about half way through, no way each of us can get 35 kills in the allotted time.

Oh and the Firefight one, since we'll have 4 people, should be easy.

You could pick up 8K+ for one Campaign game if you stacked the Challenges right and did Exodus co-op Heroic with Iron and Black Eye on. :lol

Shake Appeal said:
You could pick up 8K+ for one Campaign game if you stacked the Challenges right and did Exodus co-op Heroic with Iron and Black Eye on. :lol

That's a solid challenge right there. Would give internet high five to anyone who manages that.

Never ever would have thought I'd get yesterday's ... Got a Triple Double, but I have to give thanks to Sword Base's lift room/Camp Central. Nice to see the campaign dailies return, but damn the jet-packing one is getting old. How about killing both Mules at once or something?

LosDaddie

Banned
HaloGAF: I'm getting ready to do my solo Legendary run. Now that I got my robot arm, I'm finally ready to 1000/1000 this game. :D

Any tips/advice on helping me get through this without hating the game? Do I have to re-play the missions I already did (for challenges & such) on Legendary?

I know the "slow & steady" approach is best. I just figured you experts might have some extra advice.

thanks!

aesop

LosDaddie said:
HaloGAF: I'm getting ready to do my solo Legendary run. Now that I got my robot arm, I'm finally ready to 1000/1000 this game. :D

Any tips/advice on helping me get through this without hating the game? Do I have to re-play the missions I already did (for challenges & such) on Legendary?

I know the "slow & steady" approach is best. I just figured you experts might have some extra advice.

thanks!

Plasma pistol will be your saving grace with elites. There are also several places where you can sprint and bypass encounters.

Hey You

Mikasangelos said:
So still no word if a title update is even being implemented?
How long after Halo 3's release did we get a TU? A year?

These things take times to research,develop and test. I'm pretty sure TU's aren't like Playlist updates when they can release whenever they feel like.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
just got splattered by a banshee on the bullfrog section of new exodus! :lol

Pete Rock

Bregmann Roche said:
Add me to the list of people that want to see rocket race get its own playlist. Please get it out of multiteam along with green team.
It needs its own playlist, grab bag will not cut it. We aren't children sifting through the Halo cereal box for a fucking plastic toy for christsakes, we know what we want to play and what we don't. There's a 300+ thread on B.net just about RR in Reach, and a much larger one that is pinned in Optimatch. Rocket Race playlist needs to go live when they get MLG & Grifball up to speed, at the very least.

If RR is "stupid" than multiteam in and of itself is frankly retarded, it's the least competitive version of Halo ever made with people spawning on top of you with fresh nades left and right, usually in the context of Oddball or Crazy King. Yeah, nothing dumb about that.

Hey You said:
How long after Halo 3's release did we get a TU? A year?

These things take times to research,develop and test. I'm pretty sure TU's aren't like Playlist updates when they can release whenever they feel like.

Halo 3's first TU was in febuary 2008, then the second about a year later.
FYI, the only gameplay change Bungie made to H3 was to fix the melee system.

Halo 2 had more frequent TU's, but halo 2 had a shit-ton more bugs/cheaters. The TU that most people actually cared about though, was the move to 1.1 in April 2004, when bungie re-balanced the sandbox away from dual wielders, and towards battle riflers.

So 5-6 months till any kind of gameplay changes seems about right. If Bungie is planning on changing something, I imagine we'll get notice of it sometime after the new year. I'm at least hoping they can tackle some of the bugs, as Reach's variety of glitches are quite disapointing. Especially the forge ones, turn based assault gameplay ones and physics glitches.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
The Halo 2 update changed plasma grenade strength and melee strength as well. Big time update.

Tashi0106 said:
MLG playlist tomorrowwwwwwww...HYPE!!!

I'm actually quite interested in this. Halo 3 MLG was way too Vanilla for me, but this looks pretty interesting. I'm pretty bad at Reach though, so this could get pretty ugly, :lol

The fact that this list can't be ranked because of the slayer only requirements of the Arena is beyond dumb though. I'm really hoping that Bungie has the tools to include non slayer types in the arena, and rank people by team, instead of individually.

Code:
4v4 Settings
All Games 	Weapon 		Game Types 	Maps 	
Primary Weapon 	DMR 		MLG Team Slayer v2.0 	MLG Sanctuary v2.0
Secondary Weapon 	None 		MLG Team Slayer v2.0 	MLG Countdown v2.0
Melee Modifier 	75% 		MLG Team Slayer v2.0 	MLG Reflection v2.0
Starting Equipment 	Sprint 		MLG Team Slayer v2.0 	MLG Zealot v2.0
Player Speed 	110% 		MLG CTF 3 v2.0 	MLG Sanctuary v2.0
Jump Height 	110% 		MLG CTF 5 v2.0 	MLG Countdown v2.0
Player Gravity 	150% 		MLG CTF 5 v2.0 	MLG Zealot v2.0
Motion Tracker Mode 	Off 		MLG One Flag v2.0 	MLG Countdown 1F v2.0
Spartan Loadout 1, Name 	Marksman 		MLG One Flag v2.0 	MLG Reflection v2.0
Spartan Loadout 1, Primary Weapon 	DMR 		MLG Bomb 3 v2.0 	MLG Countdown v2.0
Spartan Loadout 2, Name 	Warden 		MLG Bomb 3 v2.0 	MLG Zealot v2.0
Spartan Loadout 2, Primary Weapon 	Needle Rifle 		MLG Bomb 5 v2.0 	MLG Sanctuary v2.0
Spartan Loadout 2, Equipment 	Sprint 		MLG Territories v2.0 	MLG Zealot v2.0
Spartan Loadouts 3-5 	Hidden 		MLG Territories v2.0 	MLG Sanctuary v2.0
Suicide Penalty 	None 		MLG Oddball v2.0 	MLG Countdown v2.0
Betrayal Penalty 	None 		MLG Oddball v2.0 	MLG Zealot v2.0
Respawn Traits, Equipment Usage 	Disabled 				
Team Changing 	Not Allowed 				

MLG Team Slayer v2.0 					
Score to Win 	50 				
Teams 	Enabled 				
Time Limit 	15 Minutes 				

MLG CTF 5 v2.0 					
Score to Win 	5 				
Flag Return Time 	Instant 				
Flag Reset Time 	15 Seconds 				
Flag Carrier Cooldown 	Disabled 				
Time Limit 	15 Minutes 				
Sudden Death 	2 Minutes 				
Respawn Time 	10 Seconds 				
Flag Carrier Traits, Damage Modifier 	75% 				

MLG CTF 3 v2.0 					
Flag Return Time 	Never 				
Flag Reset Time 	15 Seconds 				
Flag at Home 	No 				
Time Limit 	15 Minutes 				
Sudden Death 	2 Minutes 				
Respawn Time 	10 Seconds 				

MLG One Flag v2.0 					
Score to Win 	Unlimited 				
Flag Return Time 	Never 				
Flag Reset Time 	30 Seconds 				
Sides 	One-Sided 				
Flag at Home 	No 				
Number of Rounds 	2 				
Time Limit 	5 Minutes 				
Sudden Death 	30 Seconds 				
Respawn Time 	10 Seconds 				

MLG Assault 3 v2.0 					
Sides 	Neutral 				
Bomb Fuse Time 	15 Seconds 				
Bomb Disarm Time 	3 Seconds 				
Reset on Disarm 	Disabled 				
Time Limit 	15 Minutes 				
Sudden Death 	Disabled 				
Respawn Time 	10 Seconds 				
Bomb Carrier Traits, Damage Modifier 	75% 				
Cooldown Traits, Weapon Pickup 	Unchanged 				
Cooldown Traits, Movement 	Unchanged 				

MLG Assault 5 v2.0 					
Score to Win 	5 				
Bomb Arm Time 	3 Seconds 				
Bomb Fuse Time 	5 Seconds 				
Bomb Disarm Time 	Disabled 				
Reset on Disarm 	Disabled 				
Time Limit 	15 Minutes 				
Sudden Death 	Disabled 				
Respawn Time 	10 Seconds 				
Bomb Carrier Traits, Damage Modifier 	75% 				
Cooldown Traits, Weapon Pickup 	Unchanged 				
Cooldown Traits, Movement 	Unchanged 				

MLG Oddball v2.0 					
Score to Win 	250 				
Teams 	Enabled 				
Respawn Time 	10 Seconds 				
Ball Carrier Traits, Damage Modifier 	75% 				

MLG Territories v2.0 					
Score to Win 	Unlimited 				
Style 	Symmetric 				
Number of Territories 	3 Territories 				
Capture Time 	5 Seconds 				
Number of Rounds 	1 				
Time Limit 	10 Minutes 				
Sudden Death 	Disabled 				
Respawn Time 	10 Seconds 				
Tettitory Traits, Equipment Usage 	Unchanged

Tashi0106 said:
MLG playlist tomorrowwwwwwww...HYPE!!!
For-my-fans-of-the-wire-sheeeeit-obama-hope-change.jpg

aDDiKt24

Banned
First of all I have been playing Halo since Halo:CE and I have enjoyed every single minute with all games apart from 3, ODST and now Reach. It's obvious to me that Bungie are forgetting about Halo Reach and are letting it die. Their minds lay elsewhere now.

I was playing the Noble Map Pack playlist in Matchmaking and up came Elite Slayer on Breakpoint. It is terribly broken. There is no way to take out the banshees other then continuous fire on the banshee with all your teammates and even then can be a struggle. All the alien weapons do nothing to the banshee. It is easy to dodge a charged plasma pistol, the alien sniper does NOTHING, the alien rifle does nothing, every alien weapon basically does nothing. Weren't these maps supposedly playtested for balance for months?

I decided to go into a custom game and test out all the weapons on the banshee. Horrible. Only the human sniper is good for taking out banshees (which I previously knew but thought there would be a trick with other weapons). I remember Halo 2 when SMG's were a good defence against the banshees. Now in slayer gametypes we are given the assault rifle which takes 7.5 whole clips from the gun with every bullet hitting to take down a banshee which is disgusting.

The banshee bomb needs to be removed. The banshee can dodge, boost, splatter, bomb and also shoot plasma. If a good player gets in a banshee it is incredibly frustrating. Turrets are the best option but still in limited supply. Where is the balance to this vehicle?

Also while I whinge. Armour Lock is in drastic need of fixing. It is fine in certain gametypes but breaks others. Multi-team is an example of this. People spam it everywhere and it ruins the games. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it.

Its okay that you are moving on to hopefully bigger and better things but when the beast that made you the powerhouse you are today is thrown by the way side I think you have lost your roots.

Your numbers are dwindling and your popularity dropping and you only have yourselves to blame. 3 weak maps for $15. Wheres the ingenuity that brought us Waterworks, Headlong, Containment, Terminal, Relic, Foundation and Zanzibar? Maps with a purpose that took skill and fundamental team work. I think its all dead, as will your studio be if you dont get your acts together. I hope the freedom you have craved for so long has refreshed everyone at the studio so you can create another great series that stays great for longer then 2 games.

Lothars

aDDiKt24 said:
Also while I whinge. Armour Lock is in drastic need of fixing. It is fine in certain gametypes but breaks others. Multi-team is an example of this. People spam it everywhere and it ruins the game

Sorry your wrong, it's not broken, there's things that can be done to Armor lock to make it better overall but it's fine the way it is, I don't get all the complaining regarding it.

Edit: I still need to pick up the Noble Team Map Pack, but I am looking forward to playing more reach, I keep putting it off.

GhaleonEB

I've been trying to pin down why I don't like one-flag CTF on Breakpoint. And I realized this weekend, while cruising around the map in Forge, that it's because there is no base to defend. The flag is wide out in the open, there's no nuance to the attack on it. The goal is to overwhelm the area with a vehicular or power weapon led assault, then push the flag through a wide tunnel or open path. When someone snags the flag, the question is whether they went straight or to the tunnel. The contrast with something like Tempest, where there's a delicate balance in the base design and the flexibility of the approaches to it is stark.

I spent some time trying to find a better location, but there aren't many. An interior or other area where there is a multitude of ways in, and some routes for the flag carrier to travel under some cover, which would leave some question as to which way they went, would be ideal. The map was clearly made for Invasion, and I don't think it works nearly as well for the other game types.
Lothars said:
Sorry your wrong, it's not broken, there's things that can be done to Armor lock to make it better overall but it's fine the way it is, I don't get all the complaining regarding it.
I think it single-handedly inflicts massive damage to Reach's multiplayer. Hyperbole, opinions, and all that.

And it's not the concept, but the execution.

aDDiKt24

Banned
Lothars said:

Edit: I still need to pick up the Noble Team Map Pack, but I am looking forward to playing more reach, I keep putting it off.

People should not be able to spam it 4 or 5 times in quick succession. It should be divided into a 2 part ability. Similar to evade in that if you press it you cannot stop the roll untill it is complete. Armour lock should last for around 2/3 seconds for one trigger. People should not be able to change their direction when they break out of armour lock. If they get stuck armour lock should not cause the sticky to fall off. Other then that I believe it is fine. It needs tweaking. Its obvious to the majority of people.

Ramirez

MagniHarvald said:
Hey Dani =) I've never played so badly in SWAT, none of my shots were hitting, ugh.

Sorry for not having a mike, fuck Astro's shitty construction (the MixAmp is great, but the headset.. ugh).

Wait a second, I asked for this for Christmas, do they suck? I was led to believe they were awesome by you guys!

Striker

It can't be compared to Tempest because Tempest is symmetrical and fit for CTF and all else. Breeakpoint is Invasion first, and everything else second. But I did play 1-flag on it, scored once, and came away with a victory in the end. Problem is, if there is one, is that it's the same formula Bungie used for the other two Invasion maps based off regular game modes. They don't use the entire map. They're all large maps for 6v6, so I am guessing that's primarily why, but it still kind of negates the reasoning in my view. The flag being closer to the small building where the Plasma Launcher spawns on the top balcony area would probably be more deeming. I think One Bomb would be much more troublesome there based on the wide open area of the "base", though BTB lists no current Assault games, anyways. -_-

Armor Lock shouldn't be used in Multi-team or FFA modes. Everywhere else it's fine.

aDDiKt24 said:
First of all I have been playing Halo since Halo:CE and I have enjoyed every single minute with all games apart from 3, ODST and now Reach. It's obvious to me that Bungie are forgetting about Halo Reach and are letting it die. Their minds lay elsewhere now.

I was playing the Noble Map Pack playlist in Matchmaking and up came Elite Slayer on Breakpoint. It is terribly broken. There is no way to take out the banshees other then continuous fire on the banshee with all your teammates and even then can be a struggle. All the alien weapons do nothing to the banshee. It is easy to dodge a charged plasma pistol, the alien sniper does NOTHING, the alien rifle does nothing, every weapon basically does nothing.

I decided to go into a custom game and test out all the weapons on the banshee. Horrible. Only snipers are good for taking out banshees (which I previously knew but thought there would be a trick with other weapons). I remember Halo 2 when SMG's were a good defence against the banshees. Now in slayer gametypes we are given the assault rifle which takes 7.5 whole clips from the gun with every bullet hitting to take down a banshee which is disgusting.

The banshee bomb needs to be removed. The banshee can dodge, boost, splatter, bomb and also shoot plasma. If a good player gets in a banshee it is incredibly frustrating. Turrets are the best option but still in limited supply. Where is the balance to this vehicle?

Also while I whinge. Armour Lock is in drastic need of fixing. It is fine in certain gametypes but breaks others. Multi-team is an example of this. People spam it everywhere and it ruins the games. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it.

Its okay that you are moving on to hopefully bigger and better things but when the beast that made you the powerhouse you are today is thrown by the way side I think you have lost your roots.

Your numbers are dwindling and your popularity dropping and you only have yourselves to blame. 3 weak maps for $15. Wheres the ingenuity that brought us Waterworks, Headlong, Containment, Terminal, Relic, Foundation and Zanzibar? Maps with a purpose that took skill and fundamental team work. I think its all dead, as will your studio be if you dont get your acts together. I hope the freedom you have craved for so long has refreshed everyone at the studio so you can create another great series that stays great for longer then 2 games.
Ridiculous hyperbole aside, the maps are only $10, not $15.

aDDiKt24

Banned
Ramirez said:
Wait a second, I asked for this for Christmas, do they suck? I was led to believe they were awesome by you guys!

Astro A40's are great. Sure there can be quite a few cables lying around when you have them on but the quality is nice and they are comfortable to wear. I thought they would be heavier but it was no problem. Perfect for playing late at night and you don't want to wake anyone up.

Dirtbag

Striker said:
It can't be compared to Tempest because Tempest is symmetrical and fit for CTF and all else. Breeakpoint is Invasion first, and everything else second. But I did play 1-flag on it, scored once, and came away with a victory in the end. Problem is, if there is one, is that it's the same formula Bungie used for the other two Invasion maps based off regular game modes. They don't use the entire map. They're all large maps for 6v6, so I am guessing that's primarily why, but it still kind of negates the reasoning in my view. The flag being closer to the small building where the Plasma Launcher spawns on the top balcony area would probably be more deeming. I think One Bomb would be much more troublesome there based on the wide open area of the "base", though BTB lists no current Assault games, anyways. -_-

Armor Lock shouldn't be used in Multi-team or FFA modes. Everywhere else it's fine.

I think it should be removed from all slayer modes at the very least. It's still frustrating in CTF types, but it's not totally game breaking there.

aDDiKt24

Banned
squidhands said:
Ridiculous hyperbole aside, the maps are only $10, not $15.

Around $15 AUS. Hyperbole or not its what I have come to believe. When was the last time you played a great map in a Halo game that was not a remake?

Ramirez

I hopped on to play yesterday, and was forced to sit through 3 games of Breakpoint in a row, sigh. So I hopped over to the fresh arena playlist, and maybe it was because I was playing ultimate scrubs, but the games seemed to flow so much better without someone locking every 5 seconds. Definitely will have to dabble in the MLG playlist tomorrow. :)

Willeth

aDDiKt24 said:
When was the last time you played a great map in a Halo game that was not a remake?
I had an amazing game on Breakpoint Invasion yesterday which exemplifies everything I love about Halo.

Dirtbag

Dax01 said:
Tempest is anything but a "weak map."

I think Tempest might be better then Valhalla, though its hard to say since I don't like Reach's combat over 3's.

It takes the strong points of Valhalla and Standoff and combines them for a better layout with pretty fantastic map flow.

I don't like remakes pretty much ever, but this is a map I'd really like to see remade in future Halo titles, one with better core gameplay so I can really enjoy it.

Striker

Dirtbag said:
I think it should be removed from all slayer modes at the very least. It's still frustrating in CTF types, but it's not totally game breaking there.
For regular Team Slayer I haven't had a big issue with it, and it is definitely an AA that belongs in all Big Team games.

Tempest I got a few times yesterday, and its general layout reminds me of Standoff the most. You just would think Valhalla because of the scenery and man-cannons, but the cover and size just screams Standoff. It just is better than Standoff because there's no helipad open area to romp over enemies, and there's no overpowered weapon in the middle. It's great the way it is. Now just to get games like Multi-CTF and Neutral Bomb on there...

GhaleonEB

Dirtbag said:
I think Tempest might be better then Valhalla, though its hard to say since I don't like Reach's combat over 3's.

It takes the strong points of Valhalla and Standoff and combines them for a better layout with pretty fantastic map flow.
That's a good way to describe it. I remember the day before the Noble maps released saying it was Standoff meets Valhalla - or something to that extent - and got some folks very excited in so doing. So I've been watching to see if that was anyone else's take as well. Glad to see I wasn't alone.

We played a variant in customs over the weekend that had the large tunnel outside each base opened up, and I think it played better. It let vehicles drive in a loop around the back of the base, rather than having to do a u-turn when they get back there. I think it flowed better. I'd like to know the reasoning for blocking them off in the default version; I'm sure there is one, I just can't think of what it is.
Striker said:
For regular Team Slayer I haven't had a big issue with it, and it is definitely an AA that belongs in all Big Team games.
Heh. I think it does far more damage to BTB than other game types, but then that's the mode I enjoy/play the most. Armor Lock killing vehicles is AL's worst feature, IMO.

Striker

GhaleonEB said:
Heh. I think it does far more damage to BTB than other game types, but then that's the mode I enjoy/play the most. Armor Lock killing vehicles is AL's worst feature, IMO.
The point in having it is for defensive strategy. While sure it isn't fun facing against it with 11 others in smallish maps in Multi-team, or facing hoards of AL users in Rumble Pit, but in a large map, it's one of the AA's that hardly hurt the game. You just cannot mindlessly drive around trying to run over people, but moreso use tactics. I often see guys using Sprint more so on maps like Hemorrhage and Paradiso, so your luck of finding a guy using AL usually weighs in at a person cowering the walls or around cover hoping some poor soul tries to run him/her down rather than shoot.

electricpirate said:
The fact that this list can't be ranked because of the slayer only requirements of the Arena is beyond dumb though.
I can't think of any reason why Bungie wouldn't be able to rank it the way they did playlists in Halo 3, by winners and losers. Just turn off the numerical ranking part, and count the winning team as top four players. You can still apply the iron/bronze/etc. badges to it, but people go up or down solely by winning games, and not on their performance in the games.

GhaleonEB said:
I know you don't play much multiplayer, but I don't find AL has much of an impact on BTB except for ghosts, since people long since learned to stop going for splatters with other vehicles, and only ghosts and banshees are destroyed outright by hitting an AL. It's far, far more annoying in a footfight between organized teams.

aDDiKt24 said:
Around $15 AUS. Hyperbole or not its what I have come to believe. When was the last time you played a great map in a Halo game that was not a remake?
So how does you not liking any of their maps equate to Bungie "letting Halo Reach die"? There is absolutely no merit in the claim; watching any of the Bungie vidocs will show you that they've poured everything they had into this game. They may have been overly ambitious in some regards to multiplayer, but that is the exact opposite of "forgetting about" the game.

But to answer your question, Anchor 9 is shaping up to be a great symmetrical map, as Tempest is as solid a map as I've ever seen. Actually the only Reach (non-Invasion) maps that I have any problems with are the Forge World remakes.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Dax01 said:
There's nothing to get hyped about, man. I promise you. :p

GET HYPE DAAAAAAAAAAAX

mlg_logo_4252.jpg

iGotUrPistola.jpg
timeout_fearitself_headshot.jpg
mlg_ogre2b_240x340.jpg
Puckett2.jpg

walshy.jpg

tkthings.png

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lololol

Also, I'm down to play with whoever in the MLG playlist. Just know that if we match against Pros I'm expecting you to at least go even :p

GhaleonEB said:
We played a variant in customs over the weekend that had the large tunnel outside each base opened up, and I think it played better. It let vehicles drive in a loop around the back of the base, rather than having to do a u-turn when they get back there. I think it flowed better. I'd like to know the reasoning for blocking them off in the default version; I'm sure there is one, I just can't think of what it is.
You can get a warthog through those side tunnels on the default version of Tempest. Although opening it up even more sounds like a cool idea.

GhaleonEB

Striker said:
The point in having it is for defensive strategy. While sure it isn't fun facing against it with 11 others in smallish maps in Multi-team, or facing hoards of AL users in Rumble Pit, but in a large map, it's one of the AA's that hardly hurt the game. You just cannot mindlessly drive around trying to run over people, but moreso use tactics. I often see guys using Sprint more so on maps like Hemorrhage and Paradiso, so your luck of finding a guy using AL usually weighs in at a person cowering the walls or around cover hoping some poor soul tries to run him/her down rather than shoot.
I've said it before, but the risk/reward is askew. The penalty for discovering a player has Armor Lock when going for the splatter should not be death and destruction of vehicle. People joke - or not joke, sometimes I can't tell - that AL is a "win button", but in that circumstance it really is. Charging vehicle? Armor Lock FTW.

It should send the vehicle tumbling, or bring it to a halt as if they hit a rock. All of Halo's gameplay knobs and levers are about providing opportunity. The Armor Abilities are the latest example of this. The three that enhance mobility do not guarantee any kind of success. Likewise the two that deal with player visibility (camo and hologram). AL stands along as the only ability that can kill players by activating it - and worse, the vehicle they occupy. In this instance there is no risk/reward in its deployment. You press the button to nuke the vehicle and win the encounter. It runs counter to every notion of balancing that the other armor abilities - or weapons for that matter - embody.

I have a longer list of grievances about AL in BTB, but that's the big one.

Shake Appeal said:
I know you don't play much multiplayer, but I don't find AL has much of an impact on BTB except for ghosts, since people long since learned to stop going for splatters with other vehicles, and only ghosts and banshees are destroyed outright by hitting an AL. It's far, far more annoying in a footfight between organized teams.
And that's part of the problem. You say it doesn't have much of an impact - but that's the imapct. It eliminated a part of BTB's gameplay; you don't splatter, or risk instant death. Vehicles need to avoid players rather than target them. Likewise I don't bother trying for sticks in close quarters, since the loss of firing time could be for naught if they have AL.

FWIW, I played the heck out of Halo 3's MP and loved it. I'd like very much to do the same with Reach.

Tashi0106 said:
Also, I'm down to play with whoever in the MLG playlist. Just know that if we match against Pros I'm expecting you to at least go even :p
I can carry myself, don't worry about it ;)

I used to be pro Tashi, people knew me. haha

Top Bottom