• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

GhaleonEB

Letters said:
And 6 to 12 months later a particularly obnoxious wave of juniors hits halogaf. Never fails. :lol
Followed by a delicious wave of jr. bannings. It's a circle of life thing.

Had an amusing moment in BTB a bit ago. I had sniped the opposing sniper and ran to grab his ammo, only to find one bullet left. But it sure counted. The gravy was that dude hopping into the flaming Warthog at the end, and instantly trying to get back out, as if he realized what a bad idea that was the second he climbed aboard.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
footer.jpg

GhaleonEB said:

Had an amusing moment in BTB a bit ago. I had sniped the opposing sniper and ran to grab his ammo, only to find one bullet left. But it sure counted. The gravy was that dude hopping into the flaming Warthog at the end, and instantly trying to get back out, as if he realized what a bad idea that was the second he climbed aboard.
How...what the fuck? You sniped the gunner and all three of them die?

That was epic.

Tawpgun

vhfive said:
today has been a good day
It was until last game.... Made the mistake of going into TO with a random. Turned out to be a random playing with his feet or something. Not sure if it would have mattered since we got matched up against a pretty good full party.

*sigh* There goes my 53 game win streak.

GhaleonEB said:

Halo Reach BTB Sandbox ladies and gentlemen. One sniper bullet to the gunner will kill everyone.

The sniper in Halo 4 better not have the same destructive abilities to vehicles. Nor the precision weapon.

GhaleonEB

A27 Tawpgun said:
Halo Reach BTB Sandbox ladies and gentlemen. One sniper bullet to the gunner will kill everyone.

The sniper in Halo 4 better not have the same destructive abilities to vehicles. Nor the precision weapon.
Player health should be re-linked to the vehicle. When I looked back through the film, I actually didn't tag the gunner, though it looked like a headshot at the time. I hit a bit of the turret he was using - and that blew everyone up. That should never, ever happen, even with the damage Reach's sniper rifle deals to vehicles (itself a bad design decision).

Odd things is, it didn't blow up the Warthog. Just damaged it.

Sure was neat to fire one shot and get a triple kill though.

Edit:

NeoGAF Dax said:
You all are getting banned. My uncle works for 343.

DragonBlaze91 said:
Good luck with that 343 cant ban anyone until august 2nd and I highly doubt that. And if by some chance this was true you sure are setting a bad example of your uncle and proving how arrogant you are. If I worked for a game company and had a nefue I would not want him to carelessly belittle my name and make me look like a douche.

"nefue"

Amazing.

feel

Dani said:
The reactions are pretty funny still.

Some dude went out of his way to make this.

Warning, contains embiggened Frankie.

Pic
:lol

it should say Seventh Column or Bnet, most of Halogaf actually took the post very well (it pleased both pro-reach and anti-reach) and understood the reasoning behind the comment on Reach's quality.

ElRenoRaven

OMG. Frankie is getting some serious hate. ROFLMAO

Hopefully whoever this moron is doesn't hold any actual power in 343i. I swear to God, he better be an anomaly to the rest of the staff. Because Frankie sounded so promising...

Frankie has previously said that he isn't happy with the way that this game's multiplayer progresses in certain situations. He boasted that "fixes would be coming".

Now this nut-job shows up and is all like "LOLNOPE REACH IS GOOD."

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ElRenoRaven

Mikasangelos said:
some of those comments are GOLD.

They are. Between them and Tunavi's trolling of them I'm dying here.

Tunavi said:
xxxxxjuicesxxxx if you see this I LOVE YOU omg neogaf is awesome i wish i could get in

OMG. Can't breath.

WTF is up with the "drunk, naked and uncooperative" moto below the user's name?

Are you sure this isn't fake?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ken

GGs Tunavi, Juices, and Steely. Sorry for dropping out on that slayer game; my internet disconnected for some unknown reason and I ended up hitting the offline credit limit after that game.

Ken said:
GGs Tunavi, Juices, and Steely. Sorry for dropping out on that slayer game; my internet disconnected for some unknown reason and I ended up hitting the offline credit limit after that game.

Yea that just means you need to sign back on to dong in Classic. Me Steely and Tunavi looking for a 4th.

feel

urk's doesn't have a different meaning than what you get from it at first, it's literally because of a post he made about fingering techniques where he mentioned his apreciation for butthole fishhooking.

edit- dammit ghal

Karl2177

I had a few sweet moments tonight while going in solo.

Nothing exciting my first game. Second game I was getting super pissed about Jetpacks and ARs so I finish in style: A rage no scope. (sorry for no render, I had 2 minutes left and thought the other 2 were better)

Next game, I'm getting furious about Jetpacks and ARs again, this time on Reflection. I'm the awesome red dude in the film.

Last game I play, has the sweetest ending. Terrible spawns followed by team assassinations. :)

OT: While playing I listen to music. I came across Linus Loves on Pandora, and I'm in love. Great stuff.

Havok

Dani said:
http://somah.typepad.com/somah/images/2008/06/14/footer.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
[img]http://i55.tinypic.com/jpbi2c.jpg

Fixed.

Credit to Ghaleon for Dare's ugly mug on the left, and bnet's Shadieriam for the right.

That took way too long for me to fumble my way into completing.

Tawpgun

HiredN00bs said:
Maybe they'll update the banhammer to detect objective holders.
Holy shit.

1. It's a jerk and unsportsmanlike move but not anything that's breaking any rules.
2. I thought we resolved this issue like 2 pages ago. FFS.

Probably didn't help in bringing it up again but goddamn.

xxjuicesxx said:
86 win streak GONE! NOOOOO.
I know that feel bro. Lost my 50+ streak today also.

Back to square one tomorrow.

Oh and for the record, you got Dare's face on the wrong character. Not sure if intended.

Top Bottom