• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Wars: Definitive Edition |OT| The Best Marketing This Game Will Get

Timeless

So, I got my code yesterday. I've redeemed it. But I can't find a way to actually bloody install the thing on my PC!

There's two entries for the game on the Windows 10 store, one says the game's not currently available, and the other says I own the product but offers no download button!
Try installing some other game from the store and make sure that works. Also try searching for the HW2 bundle and clicking through to HW1 DE from there.

There are two store entries so I don't know what if anything you're doing wrong. Oh yeah this is good advice:

On the store click the icon top right > My > Library > Games - Show All > Find and install?

Look through your library. I think it helped me.

So people who preordered after the 14th (18th etc) are getting codes in this batch but not those who preordered before?!?! This is such a shit show!

Tecnniqe

Banned
So people who preordered after the 14th (18th etc) are getting codes in this batch but not those who preordered before?!?! This is such a shit show!

Seems like the batch went like

Part 1: Anyone up until 14-16th

Part 2: Anyone from the 15th-18th and up

If you didn't get a key as part of the first wave, too bad.

On the store click the icon top right > My Library > Games - Show All > Find and install?

It's not there... :-(

I'm beginning to wonder if I got a faulty code. Because when I tried to redeem it yesterday it resulted in an error, and today it says it's already redeemed.

Edit: I can install it on my Xbox One just fine.... But that's not where I wanted to play it!

Tecnniqe

Banned
It's not there... :-(

I'm beginning to wonder if I got a faulty code. Because when I tried to redeem it yesterday it resulted in an error, and today it says it's already redeemed.

Edit: I can install it on my Xbox One just fine.... But that's not where I wanted to play it!

Did you try to log out and back in to the Store?

Also try opening the Xbox app instead of the W10 Store and find it there etc..

Try installing some other game from the store and make sure that works. Also try searching for the HW2 bundle and clicking through to HW1 DE from there.

There are two store entries so I don't know what if anything you're doing wrong. Oh yeah this is good advice:

Look through your library. I think it helped me.

I installed Halo Wars 2 (well, the splash-screen), and I've previously installed Recore, Forza Apex, Horizon 3 etc without issue. One of the entries is an add-on, which is the one I could install on Xbox. But there's no option to download on PC.

Did you try to log out and back in to the Store?

Also try opening the Xbox app instead of the W10 Store and find it there etc..

Gonna try this...

Edit: Nope, I eventually found it in the Xbox app, but there's only a button for the Game-Hub, no way to install..... :'-(

Tecnniqe

Banned
I installed Halo Wars 2 (well, the splash-screen), and I've previously installed Recore, Forza Apex, Horizon 3 etc without issue. One of the entries is an add-on, which is the one I could install on Xbox. But there's no option to download on PC.

Gonna try this...

Edit: Nope, I eventually found it in the Xbox app, but there's only a button for the Game-Hub, no way to install..... :'-(
Bought on Dec 19th, just got my code an hour ago, was able to redeem with no issues.

I'm glad more people can play, but this is ridiculous.

tYU6xe.gif

Tecnniqe

Banned
:( leaving for a trip in a few days.
If I don't have it when I'm back in January I'm going to cancel and go with standard edition.

I'm leaving tomorrow after work and am back on Monday, I'm starting to get in the same boat by every minute, more so I had enough of the store all together...

God damn it. The Xbox version didn't actually install the game, just a messagw telling me it's not unlocked yet.

So, it's not working on either platform for me then. Great!

I think my code was faulty, gonna complain to Microsoft and see if I can get sent a new one.

Tecnniqe

Banned
God damn it. The Xbox version didn't actually install the game, just a messagw telling me it's not unlocked yet.

So, it's not working on either platform for me then. Great!

I think my code was faulty, gonna complain to Microsoft and see if I can get sent a new one.
Good luck👍

Unity2012

If your code doesn't work from the console, try going to xbox.com click on your avatar, then messages and redeem it from there. Restart your console and voila.
It worked for me and others on tuesday. Hope it helps.

I'd contact Microsoft support if I were you.
I preordered the day it released and received my code today.
I will give it a few more days since I do have other games I can play but by next week if have not received a code I will contact Microsoft support directly. I have tweeted at Dan today though with my gamertag so hopefully that helps.

mjc

I will give it a few more days since I do have other games I can play but by next week if have not received a code I will contact Microsoft support directly. I have tweeted at Dan today though with my gamertag so hopefully that helps.

Looks like he responded pretty frequently yesterday..but not so much today after the codes went out.

Mrbob

No code for me yet either. Guess there must be randomness to how codes are received because people who ordered after me are getting them. Which is fine but id like to receive mine.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I won't be able to play until the weekend, but hopefully I have my code by then.

ManCannon

Gonna try this...

For me Halo Wars: DE showed up in the Halo App on Win 10. Go to the Halo Wars tab and it refreshed for me and offered an 'INSTALL' button. It then verified license and proceeded to download.

Da Fro

I'm guessing this 10g update I'm downloading for the Halo Wars 2 open beta is Halo Wars 1 DE?
Or has something messed up?

I dunno if I'll go through with cancelling... I really wanted to play Halo Wars 1 on PC having not finished it on 360 due to controls... but this whole situation has definitely soured it so far

Top Bottom