• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Halo 4. where you pay money for DLC and Never get it.

They should do a playlist like Titanfall where its all game modes for all DLC. I mean something. I still dont understand how Forge maps come up more often than Pitfall, Skyline etc.

If Cortana were to ever be replaced with another new model of herself, would that require one of the other cloned brains kept in cryo storage or a current cloned brain of halsey in this new timeline?

It would require that they clone that ass.

tumblr_md3u19K3HG1r3br00o1_500.jpg

TCKaos

tumblr_m4f4wwE7rB1qi4axco1_400.gif

They should do a playlist like Titanfall where its all game modes for all DLC. I mean something. I still dont understand how Forge maps come up more often than Pitfall, Skyline etc.

I vaguely remember there being a specific issue with this. I brought up the idea for a playlist that requires some but not all DLC while making it possible for all DLC to be played in the playlist but Frankie or Ellis said that it wasn't possible to narrow the scope in that specific way. It's got to require specific DLC, meaning that you could have an all DLC playlist, or a Map Pass playlist, or a Champions Bundle playlist, but not an All DLC playlist that requires at least one map pack in order to enter.

TheOddOne

- Deadline: TCA: Showtime’s David Nevins On Emmy Category Controversy, ‘Happy-ish’, ‘Halo’ Future, ‘Nurse Jackie’s End Game
Nevins confirmed that the TV series adaptation of Halo is still on track despite Microsoft’s announcement yesterday that it would shut down its XBox Entertainment Studios division, which was to develop and produce the series with Amblin TV in partnership with Showtime.

“My understanding is that they are not going to build a new streaming service, but Halo is their biggest property, and there is enormous will to find a way to bring it to a new media,” Nevins said. “Those conversations are ongoing.” A decision will be made at the end of the year, with Halo eyed to air on Showtime anytime next year.

Hey, I'm new to both NeoGaf and HaloGaf, so I thought I'd start here and answer the survey in the OP.

If you're new, don't forget to fill out the HaloGAF New Member Survey.

How long have you been a member of NeoGAF? How long have you lurked?
I was just verified today, but before that I'd lurk around whenever I got a link to the site from either Bungie.net or the Halo Waypoint Forums.

How old are you? What country or state are you posting from?
I'm 17 and am from Connecticut, United States.

How long have you been a Halo fan? Have you played all the games?
I've been a fan since 2009 when I got Halo 3, and I've played all of the games except for Halo Wars, although I have played its demo.

What mode do you spend most of your time in?
(i.e. Multiplayer, Campaign, Forge, Firefight, Theater)

I've played hours of Multiplayer and Custom Games, I've played through each of the Campaigns a few times, I play Forge and Firefight on occasion, and I rarely use Theater.

What is your favorite playlist?
(i.e. MLG, Action Sack)

Invasion is very fun, especially when it was in its Beta form.

AR or BR?
Typically the BR, but I do like using the Halo 4 AR in close quarters environments.

Highest Halo 3 level and what playlist?
I'm a Major in Social Slayer (I think) and a Commander over all.

Favorite Halo 2 map?
I haven't played much of Halo 2 due to the Original Live being shut down, but probably Zanzibar.

Favorite all-time Halo map?
I hate picking favorites, but probably Guardian.

- Other Halo sites/forums you have been a member of.
I've been active on the Bungie forums since 2010 and I occasionally go to Halo Waypoint.

- Any other games you spend a lot of time playing.
Battlefield
Call of Duty
Fallout
Elder Scrolls
Assassin's Creed
Red Dead Redemption
BioShock

- Personal bio stuff. (occupation/hobbies/etc.)
I'm still and high school working at a grocery store, but outside of that I game, I hike, I camp, and I play the guitar on and off. Also, I'm a rising history buff.

Gnome Scat
(Today, 05:58 PM)

Where in the world do you new juniors get these names

I get first picks on halogaf-geared juniors. On top of pledging their faiths to the covenant of Gauntletology, I make them pick their starting handle out of a hat and jpeg artifact the shit out of their avatars.

You might have noticed some junior opening surveys listing Wahrer (rip) as their favorite poster. This is part of their civic duty as Gauntlenites. You don't want to know what Gravity Gauntlet Hell is like.

Woorloog

Banned
Nope. Just removed. No good reason, was a unique experience, had healthy population.

Did Reach have max number of playlists and was it replaced? Or just removed without anything being added?
EDIT didn't Halo 3 actually have a max number of playlists the game could have at once?

FyreWulff

Did Reach have max number of playlists and was it replaced? Or just removed without anything being added?
EDIT didn't Halo 3 actually have a max number of playlists the game could have at once?

Halo 3 was 16, Reach was 26, and Reach wasn't at the cap when AS was deleted

Sushi Nao

Hello HaloGAF! This is my very first post on gaf, and I'm a real sentimental bastard, so I wanted my first to be with the community that was my favourite source of Halo info, speculation, and awesome lulz. I read Halo threads on and off since just after the Halo 3 beta, and really, you guys are just hilarious and fantastic. Super excited to be on here, and even though my Halo playing has dropped off significantly since 4, I still have a great time when I jump back in, and Halo is still a really big part of my creativity and imagination.

Favourite Halo: 3. Juuust edges out CE, but its incredibly cohesive design and great art clinches it.

Favourite map: Guardian. That Larry Niven-style art and that balanced assymmetry.. so good. All my forge maps are inspired by it.

BR over DMR usually.

Also, ramming Spartans with the Ghost is my meaning of life.

Hello HaloGAF! This is my very first post on gaf, and I'm a real sentimental bastard, so I wanted my first to be with the community that was my favourite source of Halo info, speculation, and awesome lulz. I read Halo threads on and off since just after the Halo 3 beta, and really, you guys are just hilarious and fantastic. Super excited to be on here, and even though my Halo playing has dropped off significantly since 4, I still have a great time when I jump back in, and Halo is still a really big part of my creativity and imagination.

Favourite Halo: 3. Juuust edges out CE, but its incredibly cohesive design and great art clinches it.

Favourite map: Guardian. That Larry Niven-style art and that balanced assymmetry.. so good. All my forge maps are inspired by it.

BR over DMR usually.

Also, ramming Spartans with the Ghost is my meaning of life.

Welcome!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I got a PS4 and a PS3 Destiny Beta code if any of you kids want'em. PM me. I'll update this post when they're taken.

Welfare

I see.
Can't say the playlist management has made much sense over the years though, so not really surprised it was just removed.

To me, 343 hasn't really been that good at playlist management. Just some decisions have made no sense regarding Halo 4's playlists.

belushy

Banned
Pictured: A frigate ported to Arma 3 as part of a full Halo conversion. Those are ODST Drop Pods falling out, for the curious.

Semi-related, there is some livestream going on later today at 5 PM EDT called CE3 2014 which is about Halo CE mods on PC (like Opensauce) and fan made games.

Top Bottom