• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Mistel

Banned
Kinda I was thinking something like this:
harley_and_posin_ivy_bff_by_blacksandsorceress-d36lfz1.jpg

Perky and playful. I would of said Milo Manara but the last thing Cortana needs is an invisible blow job face.

Fuchsdh

Cruise might be crazy, but he's damn fun to watch and you have to appreciate him doing his own stunts.

The car chase in Jack Reacher is surreal just because you realize how much time they usually spend on far shots to hide stuntmen in most films.

My one hope for the Steven Spielberg produced TV show is to have Tom Hanks in there somewhere. Even as a throw away admiral.

Eh never been a big fan of his but I'd like to see it happen I suppose. A big name could bring a lot of attention to the show.

Cruise might be crazy, but he's damn fun to watch and you have to appreciate him doing his own stunts.

The car chase in Jack Reacher is surreal just because you realize how much time they usually spend on far shots to hide stuntmen in most films.

I've been on a Cruise kick lately. Bought a bunch of his movies. Collateral, Minority Report, Top Gun, Last Samurai, and A Few Good Men to go along with what I already had in Tropic Thunder and Jack Reacher. Good stuff.

Reacher, btw, is based off a pretty entertaining book series that I'm sporadically reading through. Highly recommend.

Mistel

Banned
The chase in Bullitt is one of the better ones. Still holds up too like the ones in Vanishing point and Dirty Mary Crazy Larry.
anything Bruce Timm or Bruce Timm inspired has my vote.
It's quite a nice art style I think. Cortana could look good with some inspiration taken from it.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I've heard this quite often from multiple people.

Not a very comforting thought.
It's really poor. PvE is great though, so it's not a huge deal.
ugh

Matching players together has been fucked since Halo 3. Halo CE MM is going to be such a shitshow, it's not even going to be slightly funny.
Haha yeah I don't think I've actually had a close match yet. And that new limited mode today...good lord. The randomness and uncertainty was already bad enough. Not equalizing gear stats just results in trial-and-error gameplay of "who can I kill and who can 1-shot me?"

Destiny PvP isn't fun. November can't get here soon enough.

Its very simple, more since you are at level 8 and there are not impact on your skills outside being a hunter with free 3 one shot kill revolver and throwing knife (I see what you did there activison) or being tanky for being a titan.

It's really poor. PvE is great though, so it's not a huge deal.

Haha yeah I don't think I've actually had a close match yet. And that new limited mode today...good lord. The randomness and uncertainty was already bad enough. Not equalizing gear stats just results in trial-and-error gameplay of "who can I kill and who can 1-shot me?"

PVE is also a bit disappointing. Enemy AI is lacking and naturally, difficulty is ramped up by making some of them bullet sponges. Love the exploration, but I'm feeling a bit of fatigue.

The final game needs to be loaded with unique environments.

Obscured

Get 5 other gaffers and pubstomp. Then everything is fun!

I feel like you jut described all MP games ever.

I haven't tried Destiny MP yet on the beta, but for the alpha I found it was find a vehicle to win or just hide. I like PvE but who knows how long it will stick, but I'm going to give it a shot and see.

I also can't wait till November and am also somewhat curious about the new Doom.

jem0208

I got my Xbone the other day and its very freaking quiet. I haven't heard it make any noise whatsoever :3
Mine makes a bit of noise. Mostly when it's spinning a cd up. Which is very annoying especially because it spins the cd up even if I'm not playing the game...

Karl2177

:/

From what I'm hearing about Destiny PvP I'm considering getting my money back while I can and holding out till probably TMCC.

I would take it back one more time unless you can only get your money back after one replacement. As for Destiny, the PvP is terrible, but the PvE more than makes up for it. I've mostly been playing alone, and it has been really fun. The few times I have played in a group, it's been the most fun I've had playing against the AI ever.

20ozSlayer

Neo Member
How long have you been a member of NeoGAF? How long have you lurked?

Just got confirmed the other day but I've been lurking off and on since Halo 3

How old are you? What country or state are you posting from?

Older than most of you.

How long have you been a Halo fan? Have you played all the games?

Ever since Halo CE. I was a Sega fanboy, then the Dreamcast died, became a Sony fanboy, then I played Halo and everything else fell by the wayside

What mode do you spend most of your time in?
(i.e. Multiplayer, Campaign, Forge, Firefight, Theater)

Mostly multiplayer but I love the canon and everything Halo

What is your favorite playlist?
(i.e. MLG, Action Sack)

TS, big team and dabble in everything else

AR or BR?

BR

Highest Halo 3 level and what playlist?

43 TS

Favorite Halo 2 map?

Loved Terminal

Favorite all-time Halo map?

Blood gulch but love Chiron 16 peeps shotty only

- Other Halo sites/forums you have been a member of.

Used to do Bungie forums then a little on waypoint but don't have extra time there's days

- Any other games you spend a lot of time playing.

Nope

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I like Destiny PvP! It reminds me of Killzone, but not shitty. Just don't go in expecting Halo.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I'm looking at near final comic con materials for(non game) stuff and I am all asquee.

And yes I just coined a new phrase.

I'm all asquee about it.

daedalius

Which I believe EVERYONE is, though I guess it's only natural to think that. I made another SF vid, bask in it's Golden Gun glory!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtnMb0ZOq0Q&feature=youtu.be

Elzar, we need to combine our efforts on these things, yours looked professional.

hnnnggg dat golden gun

Halo 4's multiplayer is actually pretty great compared to Destiny's. And even Infinity is good compared to this "Iron Banner" shit.

Hell, SWTOR's and WoW's PVP modes (i never liked those) are better than Destiny's, i think.

I don't think Halo has to worry about Destiny when it comes to competitive MP, especially when you think about that Halo 5 MP trailer.

You are absolutely incorrect. You literally have no idea how difficult it can be to get started in pvp in WoW or SWTOR, because if you did you'd never type something like this. A fresh max level character CANNOT HURT a character with even a moderate amount of pvp gear. If you don't have PVP weapons, which you can't get just doing normal pvp, you will be at a huge disadvantage all the time.

Infinity is always awful.

jem0208

Halo 4's multiplayer is actually pretty great compared to Destiny's. And even Infinity is good compared to this "Iron Banner" shit.

Hell, SWTOR's and WoW's PVP modes (i never liked those) are better than Destiny's, i think.

I don't think Halo has to worry about Destiny when it comes to competitive MP, especially when you think about that Halo 5 MP trailer.

What's this Iron Banner thing?

Top Bottom