• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Some Escalation 8 spoilers for peeps who aren't getting the comics. Chief is back baybeeeeeee!

Chief is reunited with blue team to investigate the UNSC losing contact with Spartan Black team and a science team on Installation 03.

Black team and the science team = dead. Killed by knights and crawlers.

Linda tracks crawler to where the composer used to be on the ring. They find a tunnel that leads to a portal.

Shifts perspective to a forerunner city style landscape. A monitor is flying around and warns it's "commander" that humans have found the portal. Last page reveals the commander to be the UrDidact.

Welp, we all knew he didnt die at the end of the game

Some Escalation 8 spoilers for peeps who aren't getting the comics. Chief is back baybeeeeeee!

Chief is reunited with blue team to investigate the UNSC losing contact with Spartan Black team and a science team on Installation 03.

Linda tracks crawler to where the composer used to be on the ring. They find a tunnel that leads to a portal.

Shifts perspective to a forerunner city style landscape. A monitor is flying around and warns it's "commander" that humans have found the portal. Last page reveals the commander to be the UrDidact.

First part: yisssss

Second part: what the fuck 343 come on

Third and fourth part: whaaaaaaaaaat they are relegating that shit to these comics come on

classic cliffhanger for the game.

Yup.

Just annoyed that this is in these comics that suffer from clearly underwhelming art - unless that changed in the last few issues. Half of the comic medium is the art and when an important story is being told - like this obviously is - then the visual part of the story should be better than what it currently is.

Not that it matters for me anyway. I'm waiting for a collected edition and I'm buying it right away anyway but jeez.

-Ryn

Banned

Surprise surprise. Figured that bastard wouldn't die to a QTE. Sucks about Black Team and the scientists. Why are you killing everyone I love 343!?

Love that Chief is back with the team though.

Wish I could bother to read the comics but I don't really want to buy them. Not a fan of the art I've seen either. Unless it's improved.

Woorloog

Banned
I reckon the information from the comics won't be needed to play Halo 5. Will it?
Because that was a fucking big mistake in Halo 4, EU being required reading. For everyone the story made sense, there were probably like two people at least who didn't get it.
Don't make the same mistake again.

I reckon the information from the comics won't be needed to play Halo 5. Will it?
Because that was a fucking big mistake in Halo 4, EU being required reading. For everyone the story made sense, there were probably like two people at least who didn't get it.
Don't make the same mistake again.

Hopefully they'll have learned their lesson and integrate a bit more exposition. I think they said something about realizing that, so here's hoping.

Comic sounds cool. Will pick up ASAP.

TheXbox

I love how 343 is continuing to advance critical aspects of the store outside of the games. Surely the return of such a major character is owed something more than a comic book issue? (not that he was ever any good anyway) I don't follow the lore any longer so I can't imagine that Halo 5 will be anything short of an incoherent mess. Halo 4 was bad enough and I even read the shitty Traviss books.

Yup.

Just annoyed that this is in these comics that suffer from clearly underwhelming art - unless that changed in the last few issues. Half of the comic medium is the art and when an important story is being told - like this obviously is - then the visual part of the story should be better than what it currently is.

Not that it matters for me anyway. I'm waiting for a collected edition and I'm buying it right away anyway but jeez.

is not like you missed something important before escalation 8. The main comic storyline ended in escalation 4 I think.

Nothing important is touched there outside Halo wars expanded info so dont worry.

Ghazi

Speedy. Zoojoo's mom would probably get an immediate turn off from that flower of yours.

BszxZj3CQAAAxdq.jpg:large

Is that the evil one or is that the other one that's him but not him?

You're thinking of the IsoDidact. A.k.a. best name ever: Bornstellar Makes Eternal Lasting
Love

FyreWulff

.rekt

sorry

Also, I kind of have a feeling (as it should be, anyway) that all the Halo 4 perks and stuff will be unlocked from the start. If they somehow left the entire Halo 4 player progression in, it'd take you eons to even unlock the basic stuff unless you specifically focused on the Halo 4-only playlist.

And it'd get really weird if the other Halo games fed into your Halo 4 unlock progression...

Ghazi

.rekt

sorry

Also, I kind of have a feeling (as it should be, anyway) that all the Halo 4 perks and stuff will be unlocked from the start. If they somehow left the entire Halo 4 player progression in, it'd take you eons to even unlock the basic stuff unless you specifically focused on the Halo 4-only playlist.

And it'd get really weird if the other Halo games fed into your Halo 4 unlock progression...

THEY BETTER MAKE THE SPECIALIZATION PERKS AVAILABLE IN CUSTOMS. GOD.

is not like you missed something important before escalation 8. The main comic storyline ended in escalation 4 I think.

Nothing important is touched there outside Halo wars expanded info so dont worry.

Wasn't the return of the
Spirit of Fire + the Flood
in this? One might only be huge to Lore nerds like myself but the other could be something major for future games. Or it could be nothing.

I make such a big thing about the art when it's certainly passable but I just feel like there is room for improvement.

Computron

Sorry for the late response. They've said to just start everything over again, so a fresh installer download.

How I can't find any way to delete installers from the system. I can cancel the install and restart it, and it will download from 0%. Im doing that ATM and I am up to 5%

Wasn't the return of the
Spirit of Fire + the Flood
in this? One might only be huge to Lore nerds like myself but the other could be something major for future games. Or it could be nothing.

I make such a big thing about the art when it's certainly passable but I just feel like there is room for improvement.

Noup,it was a trap for the UNSC,
the SoF just make a cameo in one panel still lost.

daedalius

:lol

360 version of Destiny looks like trash. Much worse than Reach, IMO. Definitely gonna pick this up on Xbone instead, I think /off topic

I just picked up a 2nd xbone for my wife so we wouldn't have to play on 360.

I might download it and check it out anyway (and to play with exwife lolololol)

Speedy bad at interacting with hu-mans?

No way!

It actually isn't that bad. The whole comment section was a big joke haha.

I still can't believe Ian's mom wrecked me so hard.

I don't know why Ian's Mother called me "Little Boy". I'm older than Ian. There's only one thing little about me, and it's not my age or my height.

Havoc2049

It actually isn't that bad. The whole comment section was a big joke haha.

I still can't believe Ian's mom wrecked me so hard.

I don't know why Ian's Mother called me "Little Boy". I'm older than Ian. There's only one thing little about me, and it's not my age or my height.

TMI bro, TMI!!!

blamite

What the hell, Black Team was supposed to have died at the end of Blood Line. I mean, their deaths weren't explicitly shown, but it was basically 100% implied by the way that series ended. Having them survive somehow totally retroactively ruins that comic.

And of course that's aside from all this important stuff being shoved off to the side in this comic that 99.9% of players will never read or care about.

Madness

Thoughts on Destiny so far? I agree, it's pretty lackluster on Xbox 360. Keeping in mind that it is a beta, but damn, this is what they've been working on since at least 09?

Will do next-gen for sure. Also, I had no clue wtf I was doing at the second mission, was just killing enemies over and over and over. Only after did I get the objective. For me, it's just a sprint, pop, a few enemies, get to the darkness area and just use my super or grenades. I think I took that wizard thing out in literally two seconds with a grenade and this fusion pistol I had. I am curious about the story, so I think it'll keep me initially hooked. Not liking the exploration and loot factor at all. Music is really good, at least Marty left something for them to build on before they booted him.

Haven't gotten to PvP yet, so can't really comment in that. Been playing by myself, don't really see why this was called an MMO, I see maybe 1-2 random guys and we never interact in terms of battles. Some are level 2, some are level 5 etc.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Thoughts on Destiny so far? I agree, it's pretty lackluster on Xbox 360. Keeping in mind that it is a beta, but damn, this is what they've been working on since at least 09?

Will do next-gen for sure. Also, I had no clue wtf I was doing at the second mission, was just killing enemies over and over and over. Only after did I get the objective. For me, it's just a sprint, pop, a few enemies, get to the darkness area and just use my super or grenades. I think I took that wizard thing out in literally two seconds with a grenade and this fusion pistol I had. I am curious about the story, so I think it'll keep me initially hooked. Not liking the exploration and loot factor at all. Music is really good, at least Marty left something for them to build on before they booted him.

Haven't gotten to PvP yet, so can't really comment in that. Been playing by myself, don't really see why this was called an MMO, I see maybe 1-2 random guys and we never interact in terms of battles. Some are level 2, some are level 5 etc.
The beta is probably my GOTY so far. It's grown on me. Probably played something like 20 hours in the last few days.

Top Bottom