• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

nillapuddin

Pitfall's "The Pit but really old" aesthetic could have been really cool if they didn't dull the colors and make it look so ugly.

I really love CEA's Prisoner remake. They captured the spirit of the original while giving it a really gorgeous new coat of paint (although the best part is the skybox, and that's barely viewable).

mah kittens

prisoner remake is amazing
I loveee that map (even though its bad) and they did a great job, CA has really done amazing work with their remakes imo, they have made great flow changes to all the remakes

Also I agree that they really need to cut out the whole "but this map is now desolate and ruined" theme, I would more care for a radical theme shift and it look new/clutterless.

Nobody liked (Map) because of the lore behind it, it was the design.

Fuchsdh

Pitfall's "The Pit but really old" aesthetic could have been really cool if they didn't dull the colors and make it look so ugly.

I really love CEA's Prisoner remake. They captured the spirit of the original while giving it a really gorgeous new coat of paint (although the best part is the skybox, and that's barely viewable).

To me my favorite CEA map is High Noon/Hang 'em High. Definitely brown and dusty, but it's got a lot of character, and a crazy skybox. Plus I really love those hexagonal doors from the campaign.
HaloDoorRender4.jpg
Unpopular opinion time: I think in terms of map geometry the remakes were a lot better than the originals. High Noon and Solitary both benefit tremendously from providing alternate routes to elevation so it's not guys on top shooting fish in a barrel. (The power weapons on Battle Canyon, less so.)

blamite

Man, CEA multiplayer was super fun. Aside from Timberland I really loved those remakes. That's the kind of Forerunner architecture I was hoping 343 would stick with. The Anniversary playlists had the best gameplay since H3, too.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Unpopular opinion time: I think in terms of map geometry the remakes were a lot better than the originals. High Noon and Solitary both benefit tremendously from providing alternate routes to elevation so it's not guys on top shooting fish in a barrel. (The power weapons on Battle Canyon, less so.)
Nah, I'm totally with you on this. They got way too overzealous with the power weapons, yeah, but the map designs themselves were great.

Man, CEA multiplayer was super fun. Aside from Timberland I really loved those remakes. That's the kind of Forerunner architecture I was hoping 343 would stick with. The Anniversary playlists had the best gameplay since H3, too.
Yup. Whenever I get the chance to play Halo, Anniversary Slayer is my go-to playlist.

Deception

Please oh please do 3 map packs with 3 remastered maps a piece or be even more generous and remaster all of them by the release oh Halo 5 plz.

Fotos

Please oh please do 3 map packs with 3 remastered maps a piece or be even more generous and remaster all of them by the release oh Halo 5 plz.

Never thought of that. That'd actually be pretty cool.

So does anyone know when the MCC Comic Con Panel going to be up on Youtube?

TCKaos

I'm already banging my head against my desk in anticipation of the wasted/stupid questioners.

...1 sleep...

We need a bingo card for this. Stuff like:

>Will the Master Chief be in Halo 2 Anniversary?
>Will the Battle Rifle return for H2A multiplayer?
>Can I change the graphics in H2A multiplayer?
>Can we see Halo 5 pls pls pls pls
>Can I change the graphics in H2A campaign?
>Will there be skulls?
>Will the water be wet?
>Can I still play the original Halo 2 multiplayer?
>Will the Arbiter be included in Halo 2?
>Will the MCC include DLC for the original games?
>Will [x] map be with [x] game?
>Are those cutscenes in-game?
>Will the Specter be in H2A?
>Will there be a Halo?
>Will the Warthog be in Halo 2?
>Can I play Halo CE/2 with four player coop?
>Is Cortana alive?

Madness

Oh please oh please let there be dlc! I will literally cry tears of joy.

DLC will be tricky. Already they'll have all these maps in game, and then remember, from December to January is the Halo 5 beta. After that, it's only 9 months till Halo 5 launch.

I have no doubt they'll support the MCC long term, but I doubt there will be any meaningful DLC in the works. This is just like a self-contained, unified collection for fans. Then again, there's nothing stopping them from giving us other remakes in the H2A forge. Anything they might do, I wish they'd force download.

Hey Halo-GAF, before I donate these to charity does anyone want them:

Found after clearing out before I move house. Halo3 T is a UK Large, Halo2 T is a UK Medium. Received both from Microsoft as promoshirts to wear for the UK release of the games. Only worn once. Will wash before I send, but you'll have to iron!

No cost, as long as you cover P&P.

Found after clearing out before I move house. Halo3 T is a UK Large, Halo2 T is a UK Medium. Received both from Microsoft as promoshirts to wear for the UK release of the games. Only worn once. Will wash before I send, but you'll have to iron!

I'll have them how much postage

Depends where you live, if' it's UK Mainland, shouldn't be more than a couple of quid. Send a PM, I'll wash em and send them out today. You can paypal money later or something.

Released

To me, Hang 'Em and Prisoner (as well as Damnation for that matter) just can't work outside of 2v2 CE. Even with a couple of added routes, the options still won't be there to take back control effectively.

Bry0

Never have I been so hyped to see water. Will halo 2 Anniversary have some Halo 3 tier water effects? 4 left me a little disappointed. It lacked the same sense of liquidity and wetness.

Dopus

Banned
Never have I been so hyped to see water. Will halo 2 Anniversary have some Halo 3 tier water effects? 4 left me a little disappointed. It lacked the same sense of liquidity and wetness.

Halo 3 had the GOAT water, Halo 4 was severely disappointing.

Danny 117

Woah awesome! That's really generous of you.

If you got a chance to ask a question at a 343 panel, what would it be?

I'm desperately waiting for the day when I can ask "when are you guys bring back the Chopper as a Promethean vehicle?" just to see the audience reactions. And Frankie's "goddammit wahrer don't put ideas in their heads" face.

I have to imagine HGS would have some interesting (awful) ones.

I would ask how is new engine's BR aim assist compared to H2 BR..

H2 BR had too much aim assist..I hope they reduce it for the newish engine..

Edit:You can kill me now..

Booties

Banned
If you got a chance to ask a question at a 343 panel, what would it be?

I'm desperately waiting for the day when I can ask "when are you guys bring back the Chopper as a Promethean vehicle?" just to see the audience reactions. And Frankie's "goddammit wahrer don't put ideas in their heads" face.

I have to imagine HGS would have some interesting (awful) ones.

Pretty much AAs and ranked multiplayer. HGS is excited except for the PC/ditta crew.

Top Bottom