• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

This post hurts me. Unless it's sarcastic, then continue.

This post reminded me: y'know, for all the shit Speedy gets here, I totally get a royal vibe from him. Like, I could see him on some sitting-on-a-throne-with-a-slurpee-chalice-as-he-gets-his-oil-paint-portrait shit.

iFirez

Cool vector for Halo 1 ^^

Hope we see some more of the stuff shown at SDCC soon, I mean they must be prepping a video to show off Zanzibar right? Or maybe they'll wait until Gamescom -- which is where I'm guessing we'll see Coagulation.

Fuchsdh

Well, for $60 we got a few remastered maps, remastered campaign, skulls, terminals, coop, and some occasionally fun Kinect functionality ("lightning bolt!") in CEA.

Now for $60 we're getting a few remastered maps, remastered campaign, skulls, coop, CG cutscenes, terminals, beta access, a live action miniseries, plus three other whole games in higher definition than ever before.

To me it makes the cost of an XB1 pretty nicely subsidized.

Omni

Oh gosh I'm bored with my Xbone already. Finished Tomb Raider, played a bit of Forza and eh. No wonder people aren't buying them. Current game library sucks

Very excited for this collection. It'll give me a reason to retire the 360. And I'm really hoping they have some kind of fancy edition with a metal case or something. Default Xbone game cases feel flimsy and cheap

biRdy

Oh gosh I'm bored with my Xbone already. Finished Tomb Raider, played a bit of Forza and eh. No wonder people aren't buying them. Current game library sucks

Very excited for this collection. It'll give me a reason to retire the 360. And I'm really hoping they have some kind of fancy edition with a metal case or something. Default Xbone game cases feel flimsy and cheap

Grab PvZ or Killer Instinct you won't be disappointed, it can at least hold you off til the collection is released.

jem0208

I recommend picking up Wolfenstein. Fantastic shooter. Would probably be my game of the year if it weren't for the MCC

Wait.. I think I saw talk about possible Promethean vehicles again?
promentrance.gif

Imagine different match-start animations? So for a BTB map you'd drop in like an ODST or that prologue in Halo 4 but for smaller maps you'd jump/teleport in like the Halo 5 teaser.
If you got a chance to ask a question at a 343 panel, what would it be?

I'm desperately waiting for the day when I can ask "when are you guys bring back the Chopper as a Promethean vehicle?" just to see the audience reactions. And Frankie's "goddammit wahrer don't put ideas in their heads" face.

I have to imagine HGS would have some interesting (awful) ones.
And we out.
promweout.gif

jem0208

Wait.. I think I saw talk about possible Promethean vehicles again?
promentrance.gif

Imagine different match-start animations? So for a BTB map you'd drop in like an ODST or that prologue in Halo 4 but for smaller maps you'd jump/teleport in like the Halo 5 teaser.

And we out.
promweout.gif

I wonder how far they take the spawn concept they showed off in the 5 teaser.

The H5 multi teaser map reminds me a lot of Head Shot, from Metroid Prime: Hunters. On mobile and at Universal so I can't post pics, but you guys have the google.

Well, for $60 we got a few remastered maps, remastered campaign, skulls, terminals, coop, and some occasionally fun Kinect functionality ("lightning bolt!") in CEA.

Now for $60 we're getting a few remastered maps, remastered campaign, skulls, coop, CG cutscenes, terminals, beta access, a live action miniseries, plus three other whole games in higher definition than ever before.

To me it makes the cost of an XB1 pretty nicely subsidized.

Sucks to be poor.

Fuchsdh

Sucks to be poor.

I graduated a semester early debt-free and got a well-paying job in my chosen field within sixth months. I'm basically a fairy tale incarnate.

And yeah I don't think I've ever gotten a Mongoose splatter legitimately in matchmaking. I think the vehicle has always felt too slow for its size.

daedalius

I graduated a semester early debt-free and got a well-paying job in my chosen field within sixth months. I'm basically a fairy tale incarnate.

And yeah I don't think I've ever gotten a Mongoose splatter legitimately in matchmaking. I think the vehicle has always felt too slow for its size.

LIES! IMPOSSIBLE! IMPROBABLE!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not sure if what I'm feeling is happiness for you or just petty jealous. Or maybe it's the chili dog I had for lunch.

Did you at least try Ryse, Titanfall, and Killer Instinct?

Fracas

#fuckonami
Dead Rising is the only physical game I own on XB1, lol. Though I now have digital Titanfall and PvZ (gamestop promo <3)

I was gonna get Destiny on PS4 but if my brother (rip franklinaut) doesn't get it then I'll probably go XB1 to play with you scrubs. If it manages parity with the PS4 version, at least.

Trey

I'm not sure if what I'm feeling is happiness for you or just petty jealous. Or maybe it's the chili dog I had for lunch.

whynotboth.jpg

My boy fuchsdh overcoming the odds. They said a monitor couldn't make it - that you were an automaton holding the essence of that which is barely human. But you proved them wrong, buddy.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Max: The Curse of Brotherhood.
I got it free last month with Games for Gold, but still haven't tried it. I've heard good things, though. The Xbox One has more games than I can keep up with (but I'm also the type of person who puts 70% of my gaming time into playing multiplayer FPSs... and I got a Wii U recently).

Nebula

How are they getting splatters at such low speeds? I feel like everytime I was in a mongoose everyone just bounced off me. That was awesome though. I really can't wait for MCC so I can get some halo back into my life.

The collision detection in Halo 4 seems to be much better than the previous installments. It's one of the few good things about the game.

Top Bottom