• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Dub117

ML3nIg.gif
Perfect

Also I just learned about Dustin myself, and lost my shit at work. Amazing.

Booties

Banned
I love pizza bagels though.

I wish the reason for a ban was public knowledge. It's fun just reading the reasons for peoples probations/bans in The Leper's Colony on somethingafwul.

Mix

Between this and Dustin Echos I cannot breathe.
Is it too late to change Agent Locke's name to Dustin Echos? And the plot of Halo 5 is a man take his vengeance on the Chief for not checking on him at the end of the first game? It would make sense considering he's on a chunk of that Halo ring in Nightfall.

Woorloog

Banned
So. Why can't i got to Proving Grounds with a guest, even though it allows 2 players on same screen?
Does it supposedly have actual skillmatching meaning guests would screw it up too badly?

It looked like the only other interesting playlist in Halo 4 at the moment, next to BTB.

Team Slayer is terrible: Forge maps (ignoring Settler) are all unplayable in splitscreen, no one votes for Legendary BRs (besides, it is always offered on Haven for me), Team Slayer and Infinity Slayer kind of suck in general, and the non-Infinity Team Slayer from BTB doesn't seem to be appearing on Team Slayer list...

And the rest i won't or can't play with my friends for various reasons.

BTW, what's the damn point of having both Infinity Slayer and Team Slayer on Team Slayer list? The only difference seems to be that you don't have Ordnance Drops in Team Slayer.

EDIT actually, never mind about Proving Grounds looking interesting. Looked at the map list and it is pretty clear the playlist is unplayable too often in splitscreen due to Forge maps.

So. Why can't i got to Proving Grounds with a guest, even though it allows 2 players on same screen?
Does it supposedly have actual skillmatching meaning guests would screw it up too badly?

It looked like the only other interesting playlist in Halo 4 at the moment, next to BTB.

Team Slayer is terrible: Forge maps (ignoring Settler) are all unplayable in splitscreen, no one votes for Legendary BRs (besides, it is always offered on Haven for me), Team Slayer and Infinity Slayer kind of suck in general, and the non-Infinity Team Slayer from BTB doesn't seem to be appearing on Team Slayer list...

BTW, what's the damn point of having both Infinity Slayer and Team Slayer on Team Slayer list? The only difference seems to be that you don't have Ordnance Drops in Team Slayer.

I thought Proving Grounds was a solo playlist, since it's a big ranked playlist? Could be mistaken though.

Disabling guests is probably to prevent afk-ing?

Woorloog

Banned
There's an achievement for it.

Multiplayer achievements are the worst video game invention since... Well, they're the worst multiplayer invention ever.

EDIT oh and the BTB map list is interesting. Ragnarok is there some 3-4 times. Explains why i get it so often. Ugh.
Though at least it is playable (in splitscreen), unlike Shatter or Wreckage due to their frame rate issues.

Mistel

Banned
Multiplayer achievements are the worst video game invention since... Well, they're the worst multiplayer invention ever.

EDIT oh and the BTB map list is interesting. Ragnarok is there some 3-4 times. Explains why i get it so often. Ugh.
Though at least it is playable (in splitscreen), unlike Shatter or Wreckage due to their frame rate issues.
They're 4's are bad by those standards. There's an achievement for doing nothing for a minute and an achievement for survivor usage. I hope the MCC are better thought out achievements wise.

Woorloog

Banned
They're 4's are bad by those standards. There's an achievement for doing nothing for a minute and an achievement for survivor usage. I hope the MCC are better thought out achievements wise.

No multiplayer achievements beyond co-op ones (and those should be something that can be done in local co-op). And there should be no insane "SLASO" ones either (there haven't been any yet, fortunately).
Difficult achievements are fine as long as they don't depend on luck, and are not frustrating (like SLASO runs are, and frankly the only reason i can't stand those is the Blind skull).

I love pizza bagels though.

I wish the reason for a ban was public knowledge. It's fun just reading the reasons for peoples probations/bans in The Leper's Colony on somethingafwul.

Xbox.com ban appeal forums are amazing sometimes.

Always some mother posting about her outrage because he perfect little angel has been banned and demanding an answer and it turns out perfect little timmy kept jacking it on UNO

jem0208

No multiplayer achievements beyond co-op ones (and those should be something that can be done in local co-op). And there should be no insane "SLASO" ones either (there haven't been any yet, fortunately).
Difficult achievements are fine as long as they don't depend on luck, and are not frustrating (like SLASO runs are, and frankly the only reason i can't stand those is the Blind skull).
I'd love some vidmaster level achievements. Those things are awesome :p

Do a number of kills with a certain weapon that only spawns in one place is frustrating alonside with do something very specific that doesnt help the team

Woorloog

Banned
I'd love some vidmaster level achievements. Those things are awesome :p

Those were good but the way Halo 3's 4 player co-op worked, i had to do them via system link, which wasn't very easy due to logistics involved.
Due to this, i'd rather not have anything that actually required more than 2 people.

Vidmaster Achievement: Uh, You Know It's Got All Four, Right? - 0G
In HALO: The Master Chief Collection, play Halo 4 for any amount of time.

Also, just throwing it out there: it would have been funny if there was a fringe Achievement for Reach or something where accomplishing something during the vacuum / exposed space portions earned you 0G. Could happen in H2A.

No One Can Hear You Scream - 0G
Expose yourself to the elements on Cairo Station.

FyreWulff

Matchmaking has supported this since Reach. MLG in Reach supports 2 split but no guests.

Woorloog

Banned
Halo 2 was a pretty cool guy. Don't know how the hell he posted that much though.

Cool? I don't recall him ever writing anything meaningful.

EDIT oh and i'll send you a friend request. Not playing anything now though, i'll be playing Halo tomorrow too much most likely...
EDIT my GT is Empyrus. Sent FR.

Woorloog

Banned
Because Proving Grounds is the 'hardcore' playlist, with stricter skill matching so you want everyone in the list to have tracked skill.

Figures. Just who bothers at this point? Not many considering the player amounts on that list. EDIT actually, that doesn't make any sense. Some obviously bother...
Anyway. We need a "social" version of hardcore lists. Just because they're hardcore doesn't mean they can't be "social" or that ones guests wouldn't be interested or that they can't play on them.

Guests having their skill tracked would be nice by the way. Just give it relatively rapid decay or something?
Though perhaps this isn't as big an issue on Xbone, doesn't one gold sub on one console allow everyone on the console play online?

-Ryn

Banned
Cool? I don't recall him ever writing anything meaningful.

EDIT oh and i'll send you a friend request. Not playing anything now though, i'll be playing Halo tomorrow too much most likely...
EDIT my GT is Empyrus. Sent FR.
Cool dude I'll probably jump on tomorrow. Just send a message my way when you want to play.

I did really know the dude but he seemed fine from the posts he made here. You ever watch Arby n' the Chief?

Woorloog

Banned
Cool dude I'll probably jump on tomorrow. Just send a message my way when you want to play.
I'll be playing with a friend tomorrow (Halo 4 BTB mostly), i'll leave my party open (to friends) so join if you happen to be playing at the same time as me.
For some reason i suspect we do have quite big timezone gap though... (GMT+2 with DST (+3) here).
You ever watch Arby n' the Chief?
No.
Well, perhaps i've watched like one... uh, episode?
So basically no.

-Ryn

Banned
I'll be playing with a friend tomorrow (Halo 4 BTB mostly), i'll leave my party open (to friends) so join if you happen to be playing at the same time as me.
For some reason i suspect we do have quite big timezone gap though... (GMT+2 with DST (+3) here).

No.
Well, perhaps i've watched like one... uh, episode?
So basically no.
Yeah it's about 6PM here so I'm guessing it's almost 12AM over there. I might have that wrong though.

The pretty cool guy thing was a reference to

this episode

The joke itself originated from 4chan if I recall correctly.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I tried on the (prototype) Halo motorcycle jacket IRL at Comic-Con. Damn that thing is sturdy. It's all Kevlar and whatnot. I could probably drop from orbit in it.

I'ma douche it up and ride around on my ONI customized ruckus with this AND the DOT approved MC helmet we're making.

Come at me.

a4h6ckI.jpg

I tried on the (prototype) Halo motorcycle jacket IRL at Comic-Con. Damn that thing is sturdy. It's all Kevlar and whatnot. I could probably drop from orbit in it.

I'ma douche it up and ride around on my ONI customized ruckus with this AND the DOT approved MC helmet we're making.

Come at me.

a4h6ckI.jpg

Looks really sturdy like you said,
I know a good tailor for that kind of jackets here that will make you smell like an alpha male.

Top Bottom