• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Duji

I tried on the (prototype) Halo motorcycle jacket IRL at Comic-Con. Damn that thing is sturdy. It's all Kevlar and whatnot. I could probably drop from orbit in it.

I'ma douche it up and ride around on my ONI customized ruckus with this AND the DOT approved MC helmet we're making.

Come at me.

a4h6ckI.jpg

Looking good these days Frankie.

FyreWulff

Figures. Just who bothers at this point? Not many considering the player amounts on that list. EDIT actually, that doesn't make any sense. Some obviously bother...
Anyway. We need a "social" version of hardcore lists. Just because they're hardcore doesn't mean they can't be "social" or that ones guests wouldn't be interested or that they can't play on them.

Guests having their skill tracked would be nice by the way. Just give it relatively rapid decay or something?
Though perhaps this isn't as big an issue on Xbone, doesn't one gold sub on one console allow everyone on the console play online?

The only solution to guests having tracked skill is to drop the Gold requirement to play multiplayer so that everyone has to have their own profile to play.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I tried on the (prototype) Halo motorcycle jacket IRL at Comic-Con. Damn that thing is sturdy. It's all Kevlar and whatnot. I could probably drop from orbit in it.

I'ma douche it up and ride around on my ONI customized ruckus with this AND the DOT approved MC helmet we're making.

Come at me.

http://i.imgur.com/a4h6ckI.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

You've been lookin pretty lean lately, I hope its you takin care of yourself and not stress.

So. Why can't i got to Proving Grounds with a guest, even though it allows 2 players on same screen?
Does it supposedly have actual skillmatching meaning guests would screw it up too badly?
Disabling guests is probably to prevent afk-ing?
People actually do that in Halo 4?
There's an achievement for it.
97tH6R.gif

Come at me.

O3FXALH.jpg
Lookin' fine there Mister Franklez.

Woorloog

Banned
The only solution to guests having tracked skill is to drop the Gold requirement to play multiplayer so that everyone has to have their own profile to play.

Is it?
Can't they make it so that the system tracks and saves the skill of a guest tied to a profile? Naturally this would mean the guest's rank wouldn't represent the person's skill necessarily, but it sure would be better than them not having any skill rating at all.
I'd imagine, if this is possible, that the guest profiles could have faster skill calculations since usually guests don't play that long. And perhaps have fast decay in the rating?

BTW, are guests taken into account (as 0/1 or whatever) in skill matching in 360 Halos? Or are they ignored completely?
I feel like i get a lot more bad teammates and enemies when playing with guests compared to when alone.

Ghazi

That shouldn't be a problem for later games on the Xbox One, as long as at least one person on the console has Gold...

Ryaaan14

Banned

Come at me.

a4h6ckI.jpg

PlDXB9g.jpg

Come at me.

a4h6ckI.jpg

My god I want that jacket so bad, looks good on ya Frank

good old detective gaf gets work done

Solidsoul

Banned

Come at me.

a4h6ckI.jpg

This made me smile.

Spartan3PC

Currently watching the Halo CE/2 Developer commentary from Halo 3's Special Features disc. If 343 would do this as part of future game special editions that would be awesome. Behind the scenes stuff is always the best.

daedalius

Come at me.

a4h6ckI.jpg

I would find some activity to wear this, even though I don't ride a motorcycle.

Just wear it under your clothes everyday hoping you get in a fight with someone. Then once it happens just rip off your shirt and you'll look like a BA.

"Hey! That guy's using the 343-era MJOLNIR Mk. VI armor configuration instead of the pre-nanomachine variation! What a wuss!"

*crowd laughs*

Top Bottom