• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Woorloog

Banned
Not surprised at the lack of dual wielding. Going to miss it as a fun feature once again, not going to miss the balance issues caused by it, ultimately killing the fun in the feature (in MP. In campaign balance is less crucial).

TheXbox

Comic Con 2014 Halo: The Master Chief Collection Panel
aoAamEE.gif
thank you, based fubar

Now it's time to be outraged. Why did this panel take so long to be uploaded? Why is there screen-tearing in Halo 2? why are people's questions so badddddd

EDIT: QA actually wasn't too bad. Pretty strong hints at a PC port from the MCC producer, but I doubt we'll see it until 2015. MS needs to move boxes badly.

It was alright. There was one "question" that was odd though...
Yeah that one caught me off guard too, but it's really cool that the Halo games and community helped encourage her to become who she wanted to be.

Although we did learn (or least I did) that there would be no duel wielding in Halo 5 as of now. I was hoping that someone would ask if Blur would assist in Halo 5's cutscenes or even continue making more for The Master Chief Collection in the form of DLC, though. I wouldn't mind paying for that.

Dub117

Not surprised at the lack of dual wielding. Going to miss it as a fun feature once again, not going to miss the balance issues caused by it, ultimately killing the fun in the feature (in MP. In campaign balance is less crucial).

Edit: Wow, that girl was awesome, much love to the Halo community. <3....43

Nothing really fun about losing the ability to throw grenades

I love Halo 2, but Dual wielding can
camby.png

FyreWulff

Fun fact:

Counting from the game that released with it to the first one without it, we've had DW in Halo for 5 years and not-DWing for 8. The last new Halo title with DWing came out 7 years ago.

The timespan between Anniversary 360 and Anniversary One's release is the same as the timespan from Halo 1 to Halo 2

One thing I wanted to be able to do in Halo 4 was while you're about to detonate the Havok nuke, there's a button glitch to cancel the animation.

Fun fact:

Counting from the game that released with it to the first one without it, we've had DW in Halo for 5 years and not-DWing for 8. The last new Halo title with DWing came out 7 years ago.

The timespan between Anniversary 360 and Anniversary One's release is the same as the timespan from Halo 1 to Halo 2
Well yeah, they are both 10th anniversary games...

Havoc2049

Here's the actual one.

lcjfIdM.jpg

Haha...that's a cool scoot. Tons of Rucks in San Diego, along with Vespa's and Buddy's.
I took this pic on the way to see a Padres game a couple weeks back...
WP_20130616_001_zpscda499f1.jpg

I own a scooter. Here is my Buddy Blackjack 150cc by Genuine Scooter Company.
WP_000086_zps7a89352a.jpg

Madness

People were complaining that the Blur stuff isn't in-game/in-engine, but who cares. Look at the quality. I mean, even Tartarus. This will help build the Halo universe so much from now on.

Can't wait to see what info comes out of Gamescom. I had to rewatch the Scottish kids question. I didn't even notice the accent before Frank mentioned it.

Nirvana

Some interesting background information, but nothing new. This slow drip feed of information is a bit annoying to be honest. All of this focus on H2A is great, but if they can't give us details on it they could at least show 1080p Halo 3, or something that doesn't need to be kept 'secret',

jem0208

It was sweet but incredibly awkward for a Q&A at SDCC.

She met us the day before and gave us a very sweet, inspirational note. I couldn't walk a mile in her shoes.

She definitely has a lot more courage than I'll ever have. Don't think I could have done something like that with that many people watching.
What did this person do?

I haven't been able to watch the entirety of the panel so I never saw the Q and A.

Blueblur1

Some interesting background information, but nothing new. This slow drip feed of information is a bit annoying to be honest. All of this focus on H2A is great, but if they can't give us details on it they could at least show 1080p Halo 3, or something that doesn't need to be kept 'secret',

Methinks that it isn't optimized yet so they don't want to show it until it is. And Halo 2 is the focus since it's the one they're doing fancy stuff for. We're a niche audience who wants to see all of the games running at 1080p/60fps already but most people are happy being drip-fed Halo 2 info.

Omni

that is disappointing, dual wielding on guardian in halo 3 was epic as was snowbound. i just hope halo 5 doesnt have bloom, would really suck if it does
Why would Halo 5 have bloom if they removed it in Halo 4?

edit. These Q&A sections always make me cringe sooo much. I wish someone would just ask if Halo 3 would have any additional AA or if things had to be cut back or something. Like ehhh

Why would Halo 5 have bloom if they removed it in Halo 4?

edit. These Q&A sections always make me cringe sooo much. I wish someone would just ask if Halo 3 would have any additional AA or if things had to be cut back or something. Like ehhh

I would have asked Blur if they had started any work on SPOPS season 2 and of so was that repurposed for H5 Guardians or Nightfall etc.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Methinks that it isn't optimized yet so they don't want to show it until it is. And Halo 2 is the focus since it's the one they're doing fancy stuff for. We're a niche audience who wants to see all of the games running at 1080p/60fps already but most people are happy being drip-fed Halo 2 info.

More or less., but we started doing some 60fps tests on youtube. it's frustrating because you can't tell if frame drops are from the capture or browser perf, and you have no control over what people will ultimately see. Still tinkering.

More or less., but we started doing some 60fps tests on youtube. it's frustrating because you can't tell if frame drops are from the capture or browser perf, and you have no control over what people will ultimately see. Still tinkering.

You'll never have control over something like that. You can really only check it on your end before uploading and then owe any drops to YouTube. I think anyone interested in these types of videos would already keep that in mind.

Fuchsdh

You'll never have control over something like that. You can really only check it on your end before uploading and then owe any drops to YouTube. I think anyone interested in these types of videos would already keep that in mind.

You'd think so, but people are stupid. I can see the "OMG H2A stutters at 45fps" comments already.

You'd think so, but people are stupid. I can see the "OMG H2A stutters at 45fps" comments already.

You'll get this (complaining) with literally any gameplay hosted on YouTube. Compression, drops, artifacting, etc. That's why you either ignore it or upload uncompressed direct footage.

Does silverlight not support 60fps? Why not just host it on waypoint for the time being?

You'll get this (complaining) with literally any gameplay hosted on YouTube. Compression, drops, artifacting, etc. That's why you either ignore it or upload uncompressed direct footage.

Best bet would be to have a download link with uncompressed footage for people to download. People will complain either way though lol

CyReN

Do you guys think we will see any Halo 5 MP Beta gameplay before the release of HaloMCC?

I would think around October or so we would see something.

-----
Good panel, still surprised how much Bungie downplayed MP with Halo 1/2 and how those 2 are arguably the best MP games in the series. Max is a god.

Sordid

Put the footage up on Gamersyde for streaming/download. Everybody wins!

link1201

We have loads of ways to provide 60fps footage that aren't YouTube, we were simply messing with YouTube so we can add it to the pile.

Well I hope you decide to show some soon. I am really anxious to see some new and improved old stuff ;).

I need a Halo fix ...November is so far away :(

Top Bottom