• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Onikaan

I've posted a few times and never filled this out, Sorry!

Doing it now.

[-] How long have you been a member of NeoGAF? How long have you lurked?

Lurked for a few years. Been posting almost a year now, I think.

[-] How old are you? What country or state are you posting from?

I am 24 years old, posting from the Kingdom of Scotland. (Patiently awating the triumphant return of Lord O'connor)

[-] How long have you been a Halo fan? Have you played all the games?

Playing Halo since it's inception. Halo 2 is a favourite.

[-] What mode do you spend most of your time in? (i.e. Multiplayer, Campaign, Forge, Firefight, Theater)

Multiplayer, without a doubt.

[-] What is your favorite playlist? (i.e. MLG, Action Sack)

Assault/CTF. Whatever Objective playlists are up.

[-] AR or BR?

BR.

[-] Highest Halo 3 level and what playlist?

40 in Lone Wolves. Much rage was had.

[-] Favorite Halo 2 map?

Relic.

[-] Favorite all-time Halo map?

Headlong

[-] Other Halo sites/forums you have been a member of.

Bungie's site. Back in the day.

[-] Any other games you spend a lot of time playing.

Zelda and Elder Scrolls

[-] Personal bio stuff. (occupation/hobbies/etc.)

Mountain biking keeps me from stagnating on the Xbox.

If anyone fancies playing sometime, I'll play anything and everything Halo. GT is Reclaimer Gord.

Thanks folks.

I honestly think that's more complicated than you would ever want to do via Forge. Triggers a la Starcraft's map editors really only required you to set zones--everything else could work without them. I feel like targeting specific pieces might be more problematic. But yeah this is all supposition. Didn't bother trying to get in line to ask a clarifying question because it seems like they'll be doing something later on to tell us more.

Don't think it would be that difficult. I can see it working like this:
(without putting too much thought into it)

• Each placed item has/can have an ID (possibly more than one object can have the same ID, forming groups of objects).
  • Triggers are created like any other forge item, like a zone.
  • Within the trigger's properties, assign the triggering condition, and the event that it triggers.
  • The event could select one of [Animation, Add Label, Remove Label, Spawn, De-spawn]
  • Event is bound to an aforementioned ID, and depending on which event type is selected, the relevant parameters are adjustable.

Possibly a little complicated, but the rewards would be amazing.

Also add deployable lookout towers to forge!

jelly

I know 1080p H3 is gonna look great, but i have to admit I'm a tiny it disappointed after seeing it in (potato-quality stream recording) action, as until now I had still been clinging to the totally irrational hope that the awful FOV would get improved. H3 is one on my favorite games, but after playing Reach, or even H4, it's hard to go back to 3 just because camera control feels so much worse in comparison.

I wish we could get some confirmation on FOV changes because Halo 2 was just as bad as Halo 3.

I echo the blue Lockout change, needs to be done. I'm not a great fan of 343 design, shiny Forerunner finish to name one that still looks wrong on Ascension and those Halo CE Anniversary doors. Nit picking but just find their choices odd sometimes.

- Gameinformer: PAX Offers More Details On Halo: Nightfall And What To Expect From The Halo Channel

Looks like you can earn a skull by watching all of Nightfall.

The link also has the PAX video of the Halo channel.

Hope this means they fight a Hunter pair or maybe a lone Hunter that survived on the fragment. That'd be a cool climax.

Also Alpha Halo related, I hope they fix the skybox on Coag with the Anniversary version. It's supposed to be on Alpha Halo but the ring is fully intact for some reason.

Hope this means they fight a Hunter pair or maybe a lone Hunter that survived on the fragment. That'd be a cool climax.

Also Alpha Halo related, I hope they fix the skybox on Coag with the Anniversary version. It's supposed to be on Alpha Halo but the ring is fully intact for some reason.

Lone Hunter? That never happens.

Is it just me or were the hunters in Halo 2 so much easier to kill than any other Halo campaign?

it would be the same climax as Forward unto Dawn

Onikaan

Is it just me or where the hunters in Halo 2 so much easier to kill than any other Halo campaign?

Definitely.

You could kill both of the Hunters in the first section of New Mombasa instantly. As they busted through the door they would walk upright for a few seconds, allowing you to put a sniper round through their exposed bellies.

A good feeling.

HTupolev

I wish we could get some confirmation on FOV changes because Halo 2 was just as bad as Halo 3.
Halo 2's single-player FoVs are actually in the same realm as Reach's and Halo 4's, although it does still feel a little bit restrictive.

Where Halo 2 really sucks is in split-screen.

The lighting alone is a vast improvement. Though you really have to see it in action to get a feel for it. Picture just doesn't seem to do it justice. Thanks for sharing!
I'd expect it to be realized better due to the higher texture quality, increased spatial sampling, and (likely) improved color precision and HDR depth.

But as far as the lighting model goes, after watching the badly compressed stream, I wasn't seeing too much difference that wasn't likely down to color balance. I did feel like it was subtly different, but who knows.

Is it just me or where the hunters in Halo 2 so much easier to kill than any other Halo campaign?
Halo 1's hunters are usually the easiest. They can be intimidating as part of a group of enemies, but they're usually isolated or easy to isolate, and then it's pretty easy to just beat them down if you feel like it.

jelly

Depends how you kill them. Their cannons were more like beams, weren't as lethal and you could no longer one shot them in the back so more ammo needed from what I remember. Halo CE Hunters were very easy with the one shot back kill. I think they were slightly easier if you compare them without that back kill.

Onikaan

Depends how you kill them. Their cannons were more like beams, weren't as lethal and you could no longer one shot them in the back so more ammo needed from what I remember. Halo CE Hunters were very easy with the one shot back kill.

Yes!

I did wonder if I was confusing myself with CE and 2, but you're right. One pistol shot did the job.

HTupolev

It's not "supposed" to be anything in particular. The art is Alpha Halo-esque, but it doesn't really have a meaningful specified spatial or temporal location.

They should do whatever looks best.

Could of sworn that one of the gold ones in ODST was by themselves as the other was dead.
Yeah, in ODST it's possible for you to bump into a hunter pair with one pre-dead.

jelly

Halo 2's single-player FoVs are actually in the same realm as Reach's and Halo 4's, although it does still feel a little bit restrictive.

Where Halo 2 really sucks is in split-screen.

Just looked this up.

Halo 3's FOV:

Widescreen: 70 FOV

Standard screen: 55 FOV

Split-Screen, Widescreen: 92 FOV

Halo 2's FOV:

Widescreen: 80 FOV

Standard screen: 65 FOV

Splitscreen Horizontal: 75 FOV (w/severely reduced vertical FOV)

Halo:CE's FOV:

Standard screen: *70 FOV

Splitscreen: 110 FOV

*Surprised that Halo 1 was only 70 FOV? I was. I thought it was 90 FOV. But keep in mind that is for a standard 4:3 screen. So even though Halo 3 is also 70 FOV, that is only in Widescreen. So in effect, you are getting Halo 1's 70 FOV and chopping off the top and bottom of the screen... the Vertical FOV is severely reduced compared to Halo 1. In comparison, Halo 3's standard 4:3 FOV is a horribly narrow 55 FOV.

Halo Reach - 78

Halo Anniversary, which has an FoV of ~86 (it's so big because they wanted to extend to widescreen without sacrificing much vertical angle from Halo 1's large fullscreen FoV).

A video found on my travels.

http://youtu.be/Se95M2ySzDI

Akai__

That was me. I guess I need to upgrade all of my stuff :).. Thank you for finding that stuff.

I have Astros a30,a40 with a mix amp, and a50. I want a38s and a newer version of those a40s :)... I think I will have to sale some of my Astros stuff.. :)

Nice. I'm curious about that new MixAmp which plugs directly into the Xbox One controller, instead of the offiicial one. It looks like it is for the Wireless headsets only.

Either way, I need a new MixAmp, because I have the old one (not even the MixAmp Pro) and it gives me static noises. But it's fine, because as far as I know only the MixAmp Pro is compatible with the Xbox One.

nillapuddin

I love your enthusiasm, Nilla. You make some great stuff.

Thanks bud, I'll be looking forward to making some great stuff to playing with everyone again, its been too long.

Nilla, have you ever attempted a guardian remake?

I have co-forged on 2 different guardian attempts, however ultimately the original authors were never open enough to giving up the reigns enough for me to make alterations that I believed were necessary to "perfect" the map, so I bowed out.

In the very diplomatic structure we had in our remake collective and in my interactions with Blueprint I assisted forgers remaking maps from every game, but I took the Halo 2 group in as my own, which is why most of my credits solo and group are Halo 2 maps. But I would love to give a solo effort on Guardian.

Note: I am so glad Lockout has been remastered by CA because it's such a pain to judge/help with remakes of it, because everyone has different priorities. (skill jumps vs presentation vs scale, etc)

Kibbles

I remember someone asking about if Astro Gaming has exclusive Halo stuff and it turns out they have:

http://www.astrogaming.com/special-editions-halo

halo_product.png

You can order the speaker tags seperately:

http://www.astrogaming.com/a40-halo-skull/3AT40-MSX9N-377.html#start=1

Here is the announcement video, which also mentions a A50 Halo Headset (??? and a MixAmp that plugs into your Xbox One controller ???):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-6Ud67U7JU

Couldn't find it on the site, though.
I haven't even tried my Astros on my xbox one, do I need to buy that dumb adapter Microsoft released? Kinda sucks because I can just plug it into the USB of my PS4 and it just works.

I have a couple of questions about H2A:

1. Is the plasma pistol homing reduced in comparison to Halo 2?
2. Can you still lunge with the sword without having it out completely like in Halo 2?
3. Has the Carbine been given a buff in comparison to Halo 2's Carbine?

HTupolev

Threshold is in the skybox. It's Alpha Halo.
And?

I'm just saying, it's a multiplayer map that doesn't have anything resembling a specified place in time, and it doesn't have a canonical reason to be anything in particular. "It takes place after Alpha Halo is destroyed" doesn't have any reason to be a true statement.

*Surprised that Halo 1 was only 70 FOV? I was. I thought it was 90 FOV.
Everyone always does. I have no idea why.

I've measured the FoVs in the series myself, I also got 70 for Halo 1.

Top Bottom