• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Loving the stream right now, it's wonderful to see Halo being played at such a high level.

Also just bought a HaloGAF tshirt. I swear there used to be more designs though.

I'm not sure H2A could really be used as a competitive game because the map selection is so limited. Sanctuary and Lockout are the only maps that can really be used in a tournament setting (no, Ascension definitely doesn't count). I know there's Forge, but if the majority of H2A competitive maps were Forged (and it would have to be a majority, competitive Halo has always been at least 5 maps), that would be super boring to look at.

you keep talking but your words dont make a coherent argument.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
PAX folks if you want to play Halo 2 go to the Astro booth. Line is only a 1 to 2 match wait.

A friend and I dominated these cocky 16 year-olds on Ascension. A few snapshots were had. I think it was like 50-19.

Onikaan

PAX folks if you want to play Halo 2 go to the Astro booth. Line is only a 1 to 2 match wait.

A friend and I dominated these cocky 16 year-olds on Ascension. A few snapshots were had. I think it was like 50-19.

What are your thoughts on the game, Deadly?

Is it...tasty?

CyReN

RevolvingDeadlyFish.gif

DJ Gunner

you keep talking but your words dont make a coherent argument.

He's not wrong. I've watched hours of this stream for the last two days and the hype it's bringing is tempered only with the feeling of "why just a taste?" With maybe no tweaking at all, these maps could be the foundation for a new legit run on the competitive circuit- but not without more of them. I mean I get the whole "this is a preview of things to come" angle, but this tourney's intensity and showing proves there is a very real hunger for a return _now_. It's a shame it looks like it will have to wait another year (assuming Halo 5 ends up being competitive-grade).

Top Bottom