• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

dwells

Not sure if you've seen yet, but there was also someone (from Reddit) that revamped the H2 ranks about a month ago.

Linky

Yeah, I saw those, but didn't like how the font face, weight, and size didn't match the originals. Thus why I made one with the authentic font.

m23

Side note: anyone here playing Warframe? This game confuses the hell out of me...

I am. It was really confusing for me as well at first. Played a few hours and I think I'm getting a hang of it. Still kind of confused with the upgrade system.

I tried playing yesterday but for some reason the game was all kinds of broken.

Schryver

Might get Destiny for PS4 if the reviews indicate that the game has enough content. Otherwise will wait for it to go on sale or more DLC to be included etc. Looking forward to seeing how the raiding stuff actually works at least

VinFTW

I remember hitting 27 pre-nerf ranking system and I felt like a GOD. Then they nerfed it and got to 41 without cheating. Lost my 40's to cheaters on Warlock :/

Quit after that. Few months before servers went down.

Mix

Hey guys, a little off topic but I thought I should ask the opinions of my feel nerds.

Should I move to Seattle or New York?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
does it really? traditionally electronics are black. So it'll stick out and look like a kid's toy. I guess if you're under 20 you wouldn't care, but at 33 I wouldn't want something like that in my entertainment center.
uhhhh

"White is noob, black is pro" is an incredibly childish sentiment that shouldn't come out of a 33-year-old's mouth.
yeah

PS3 Destiny, reporting in.

Coffee/weed is the only way to go. Then it doesn't matter what you eat, as long as it's in front of you and plentiful.
lmao

another thought provoking post by your boy kittens

Pretty much. I'm still looking forward to Forza and Sunset which will make the wait easier.
Once again, 10/10 avatar.
Dang. I've been playing through a bunch of games on the Wii U lately. Seriously think that Mario Kart 8 is the best Mario Kart ever made. Finished Deus Ex: Human Revolution the other day and have to admit it was pretty awesome. Starting to go through Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze and, now that I'm finally getting the controls and nuances of the game down, I'm realizing how epic of a platformer the game is (blows any of the New Super Mario Bros. games out of the water). Beat Pikmin 3, which was a lot harder than I would have liked, but enjoyed it nonetheless. Finished Wind Waker HD even further back. The Wii U has a solid library right now. Haven't tried Mario3dWorld or Wonderful 101, but I'm not that interested in either for now. The only other game I want to take a crack at before November comes is Rayman Legends. I've also got Zombie U, but haven't delved into it yet. Putting a lot more hours into the system than I ever I imagined I would.
idk if you added me but UNKNOWN-iXi (damn Nintendo and their no nicknames heresy)
The Destiny Live Action Trailer just went live (heh) for those interested.
I really liked this trailer and could use more of that lol. Seems like that would be a cool show or series of shorts.

EDIT:
"White is noob, black is pro" is an incredibly childish sentiment that shouldn't come out of a 33-year-old's mouth.
lol ahh come on guys.. that's not exactly what he said and who cares anyway, age is only a number!

old-man-dances-tosses-canes-1.gif

scrunch_nose.gif

I actually thought they were pretty solid for a change :3
or maybe that's just because I'm bad

Well except for that first CTF game. :lol

Yeah I was mostly referring to the CTF game on Harvest. Followed by the sweet, sweet, justice of them being on the other team the next game.

Welfare

Anybody here going to even touch Halo 4 multi when MCC drops? I might do it if(when) there are Online achievements, but besides that I'm sticking to Halo 1 and both Halo 2 multiplayers.

Anybody here going to even touch Halo 4 multi when MCC drops? I might do it if(when) there are Online achievements, but besides that I'm sticking to Halo 1 and both Halo 2 multiplayers.

No amount of achievements, rectification and/or force will ever get me back on that island.

And by island, I mean 4.

daedalius

I mean, I'll probably check it out... but I don't particularly want to ever have to play infinity settings again if I have H2a to play.

for achievements....then never again.

I really don't see myself wanting to play anything but CE+2 and maybe H2A occasionally tbh.

Here's a thought - what if, as the 360 population is separate to the Xbox One population, they make all Halo 4 playlists strip out the nonsense, so it mimics the gameplay styles of previous game?

Basically remove all the perks, loadouts, and infinity weapon spawns and make the Xbox One Version more in line with standard Halo. Wouldn't that be....dare I say...enjoyable?

Here's a thought - what if, as the 360 population is separate to the Xbox One population, they make all Halo 4 playlists strip out the nonsense, so it mimics the gameplay styles of previous game?

Basically remove all the perks, loadouts, and infinity weapon spawns and make the Xbox One Version more in line with standard Halo. Wouldn't that be....dare I say...enjoyable?

Won't matter.

Because you still have 3 very superior games available to you at once.

Mix

Come to Kentucky, it's basically poorer Texas with slightly fewer bigots.
I would if it wasn't Kentucky...
Joking aside, I'm just trying to get away from the south in general. I can't take it down here anymore. Austin is where I would've gone if I wanted to stay but even now it doesn't seem worth it.

Mix

haha he isn't wrong

though Murray is refreshingly nice
I think it'll be Seattle that I move to. I've always wanted to go. New York is awesome and all but I don't know if I'd want to live there.
Plus Seattle has halo
EDIT: ^^^^^WHATTHEFUCKAREYOUTALKINGABOUT^^^^^

daedalius

Sure legendary br's is pretty alright.

Movement speed is good, although halo 2's looks better.

Post turbo update guns were pretty solid.

If infinity never existed I think the opinion of halo 4 in General would be much better for most.

Pfhunkie

I know you guys are probably tired of all the surveys by now but I figure I still need to do one since I've been mucking about here for a while.

[-] How long have you been a member of NeoGAF? How long have you lurked?
I joined about 5 months ago and I've lurked here probably half way through Reach's life.

[-] How long have you been a Halo fan? Have you played all the games?
Ever since Christmas 2001 and yes, I have played all of them.

[-] What mode do you spend most of your time in? (i.e. Multiplayer, Campaign, Forge, Firefight, Theater)
Multiplayer easily. I do enjoy watching others do speedruns through campaign, though. (Mistermonopoli and Goatrope <3)

[-] What is your favorite playlist? (i.e. MLG, Action Sack)
MLG is my favorite playlist if I can actually get a hold of some teammates. If not, it depends on the game.

[-] AR or BR?
Halo 1 pistol >:)
... but given those choices, clearly BR

[-] Highest Halo 3 level and what playlist?
I dealt with the scourge known as "dial-up" for Halo 3's time in the spotlight so I didn't get much of a chance here, unfortunately. However, I did get a 41 in Team SWAT. (The friend I was playing with chose the playlist.)

[-] Favorite Halo 2 map?
Sanctuary for 4v4, Lockout for 1v1, and Midship for FFA.

[-] Favorite all-time Halo map?
Ice Fields from Halo PC

[-] Other Halo sites/forums you have been a member of.
http://OpenCarnage.net/
... and Bungie.net back when that was still relevant to the Halo community.

[-] Any other games you spend a lot of time playing.
Unreal Tournament and Destiny once it arrives.

Mistel

Banned
If infinity never existed I think the opinion if halo 4 in General would be much better for most.
Infinity is quite a major problem whilst getting rid of it would be an improvement. Though many of the maps have issues which I think would still be quite apparent without infinity.

Top Bottom