• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Nebula

Ah the boring part of making videos. Trawling through saved films to see what you thought was worth saving at the time.

Dub117

Me too, man. It's been so long I can't remember what I used.

Edit : So, who here is getting Destiny on XB1 at launch? Not many HaloGAF people are active in the Destiny thread, it seems.
Just back reading but I will have it at launch for x1

Also I think it kind of sucks Microsoft can't advertise Destiny, is there any games that Sony can't advertise? Just seems like a sly move to advertise without advertising... Or something like that.

Fotos

Edit : So, who here is getting Destiny on XB1 at launch? Not many HaloGAF people are active in the Destiny thread, it seems.

I will. Got that pre loaded and ready for midnight.

I am. Digital guardian to boot. Pretty sure I'm gonna regret it, but w/e. YOLO and all that nonsense.

Fuchsdh

Damn this thing is sexy.
Can't wait for october 28th (the Day One employee edition is a bit different, though, right?)

That's a good question. I don't actually know. Time for some investigating!

EDIT:
Based on this, it sounds like the Day 1 edition is the same or a very similar model as the regular xbox one, but with day 1 embossed on the controller. We need someone to clarify. Where is major nelson lol?

From my look, the Staff White Xbox was more silver on the right-hand "gloss" side than white; the front looks more plasticky like lucite as a result. Was still a good looking piece of machinery, and I dunno if I'm ascribing differences that might just be due to press photos--I've only ever seen the Sunset white Xbox in person at PAX.

EDIT: Found some better pics of the Staff 'Box. I'm thinking they're the exact same except for the "I made this" text.

nillapuddin

*Drivatars are awesome
*All my friends are dicks
*All my friends Drivatars are dicks

* To win I have now also become a dick.

/Forza5

Except JD's drivatar, very gentlemanly

Wish I had Spartantars now, that way my buddy josh can drive me around in the hog and Karl can betray me with rocks every round, it just means more coming from a friend <3

Vico

That's a good question. I don't actually know. Time for some investigating!

EDIT:
Based on this, it sounds like the Day 1 edition is the same or a very similar model as the regular xbox one, but with day 1 embossed on the controller. We need someone to clarify. Where is major nelson lol?

From my look, the Staff White Xbox was more silver on the right-hand "gloss" side than white; the front looks more plasticky like lucite as a result. Was still a good looking piece of machinery, and I dunno if I'm ascribing differences that might just be due to press photos--I've only ever seen the Sunset white Xbox in person at PAX.

EDIT: Found some better pics of the Staff 'Box. I'm thinking they're the exact same except for the "I made this" text.

Yeah, I was asking because one of you at HaloGAF talked about some differences a couple of days/weeks earlier. Does look more silver on the right side (looks even better, if I'm being honest, though it's not a huge problem).

Fuchsdh

*Drivatars are awesome
*All my friends are dicks
*All my friends Drivatars are dicks

* To win I have now also become a dick.

/Forza5

Except JD's drivatar, very gentlemanly

Wish I had Spartantars now, that way my buddy josh can drive me around in the hog and Karl can betray me with rocks every round, it just means more coming from a friend <3

Crazy feature thought:

What if you could essentially play inside a replay? So like a time trial the other players are ghosts you can follow around and see how they play.

Crazy feature thought:

What if you could essentially play inside a replay? So like a time trial the other players are ghosts you can follow around and see how they play.

Here's an even more crazier idea.

You know how you sometimes go into a map by yourself just to check it out, what if you could trigger DS styles ghosts of your friends or whatever, maybe see how the died in a particular way, or how to do a certain jump.

Or even closer to your idea, trigger a replay of their match in ghost form.

I accept only crispy bank notes 343.

Homeboyd

Which of you fuckers will be playing Destiny on XB1 next week? Hit me up, holler at your boy, uh, get at me, etc...

GT: Homeboyd903

Mix

Gonna be playing Destiny on XB1 and PS4. you losers better hit me up.

EDIT: Oh my god, after I posted my GAF layout went back to default. Dark theme is so much better.

OUvv1bT.gif

I approve.

Sephzilla

So HaloGAF, any suggestions on what I should get for my freebie Xbox One game? I'm not sure if I want to get Destiny simply because I don't want to "shooter myself out" before MCC hits.

Homeboyd

So HaloGAF, any suggestions on what I should get for my freebie Xbox One game? I'm not sure if I want to get Destiny simply because I don't want to "shooter myself out" before MCC hits.
Stop messing around and get Destiny. Best option by a long shot... until MCC.

Thought I'd share a little experience I had in Halo PC with the rest of you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hYwWChu0fs

(If you want to skip ahead to the exciting bit, go to 25 seconds)
Thanks! I've been thinking about getting more gameplay from Combat Evolved uploaded due to MCC coming out but I've been distracted by general life stuff.

Also, sorry for the late reply; I didn't notice your post before :(
Good stuff, I'm down if you need people for anything. Just shoot me a PM, but I'm excited to see more :]
Just noticed, but the new version of 'Impend' is pretty badass. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbe3PsnXFTM&list=UU7NCg0venpKJg3kuJojKlbQ
The music is so good in CE and captures each moment so well. I love this track.

Justrekt

Neo Member
Single Player
3 > CE > 2 > ODST > 4 > Reach

Multiplayer
2 > 3 > CE > Reach > ODST > 4

Overall
2 > 3 > CE > ODST > Reach > 4

Maybe I should have given 4 more of a chance, I haven't played since this big patch you guys talk about. It's likely I'll have a better experience dipping my toes in once the MCC is out (if I can drag myself away from the other games).

I finished the campaign on legendary and played enough MP to know I didn't want to put more than a few hours into it. It felt like Halo: CoD to me, which I'm sure is exactly what some wanted, but I couldn't get on with it at all.
Perfect overall ranking. Halo 2's multiplayer is obviously the bestest.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Single Player
CE > ODST > Reach > 3 > 2 > 4

Multiplayer
2 > CE > 3 > ODST > Reach > 4

Overall
CE=2 > 3 > ODST > Reach > 4

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'd get Diablo, though you may have already played that on PC, too.

Or you can get Destiny and just play some other games towards the end of October. Super Time Force is free this month, and Guacamelee is totally worth the $14.99. Child of Light and Strider are also good, though a bit less so.

Karl2177

It's kind of interesting to note that on the Covenant side, even the Locust still follows the (relatively) low center-of-gravity principle.

And I've got no idea, probably just them trying to seem "official."
I had forgotten about the Halo Wars vehicles, but the Cyclops breaks the rule. Not sure on the Locust because I haven't seen a higher res version of the model.

I had forgotten about the Halo Wars vehicles, but the Cyclops breaks the rule. Not sure on the Locust because I haven't seen a higher res version of the model.

Here's a pretty decent pic of the Locust.

It's fairly low to the ground, all things considered. Much wider stance than most quad walkers you see in fiction.

And yeah, I was talking about the Cyclops when I referred to UNSC walkers. I agree that the Mantis breaks the overall aesthetic; any potential successor should probably be brought closer in line.

Holy burritos batman! I went to get a late night meal just now. The area where I live just put in a new Del Taco, a place I've never been to before. So I ordered the epic fajita burrito and it must weigh 5 pounds! Either it's always huge, or the overnight people must have been bored and made me the biggest burrito possible.

2-epicfajita.png

This is the generic picture of it on their website, but the pic does not do the actual burrito any justice.

*summons*

Welcome, welcome to mexican food.

Top Bottom