• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

people lose their jobs all the time. and people get criticised for whole things all the time. grow up everyone.

its like if a linebacker lost his job and every bad play was blamed on him. just because it was some guy at 343 doesnt mean anything.

God, you are an ass. Blaming the entirety of a game on one guy is moronic. I don't see how anyone that points that out needs to grow up.

God, you are an ass. Blaming the entirety of a game on one guy is moronic. I don't see how anyone that points that out needs to grow up.

I didnt blame the guy for the design decisions and no one is blaming him for the entirety of the game, yet another fault in your reading comprehension. if you could read and see the god damn example i gave, its stupid to assume it was one guy's fault.

keep white knighting there buddy
and if you think this place is a shit show, well you can go to /r/halo or waypoint or the myriad of other halo forums and post there

Juices, now's your chance.

ibwWOHb6vt7KNg.gif

I'm going to start adding people that will be playing destiny on xbone. Feel free to add me (US, eastern), GT is Zoso Achilles

Or, post your GT and I'll add you. I'll also need to beef up the friends list for the MCC

Dub117

Watching the free UFC tonight, my god does Bungie know how to advertise and get their hype up. 343, I liked the H4 advertising, but really step it up with H5. I want to see master chief every commercial break. Figuratively of course.

Watching the free UFC tonight, my god does Bungie know how to advertise and get their hype up. 343, I liked the H4 advertising, but really step it up with H5. I want to see master chief every commercial break. Figuratively of course.

*activision knows how to advertise

also send me friends requests for xbox one destiny and MCC (or killer instinct)

GT: Pok3r Fac3d

Pfhunkie

In preparation for the Master Chief Collection, and Halo: Combat Evolved with PC maps specifically, I've started putting up simple videos of useful tricks/glitches in the multiplayer maps. I'm focused on PC specific ones right now to get most people caught up if they only ever played the Xbox version of the game but I might consider doing more after I'm finished with that. If anyone would like to inform me of some useful glitches/tricks that I don't already have, I'd love to hear them.

As of right now, I have:

• Danger Canyon - using the ghost to go from base to base through the canyon wall
  • Timberland - using the ghost to get out of the map
  • Death Island - using the ghost to get out of the map
  • Infinity - using the banshee to get to the top ledges outside the map
  • Blood Gulch - using the banshee to get on top of the cliff behind red base
  • Blood Gulch - using the banshee to get onto the "sniper rock"

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoGHsk4-82VlNVyXGxvZv5xKZsgwv-Ylm

If any of the ones I've listed aren't there yet, it's because I haven't uploaded them yet.

JDHarbs

I'm one of the few people that really enjoyed Halo 4's campaign. Rank it right behind CE and ahead of the rest.
http://halogaf.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/shishkas_gonna_shishk.gif?w=2000&h=[IMG][/QUOTE]
It wasn't quite the game I was wanting, but I enjoyed it for what it was.

I'd like to see a healthy evolution design to the elites (well most of the covies) and prometheans in H5. H4's designs were kinda lacking inspiration in that department.

Omni

I'm one of the few people that really enjoyed Halo 4's campaign. Rank it right behind CE and ahead of the rest.

I mean I can see the argument for the first three levels being considered great (although the second was pretty lacklustre now that I think about it). And Composer is a really solid level too

But the rest was a complete mess. From a storyline that made no sense to most people (and was just poorly written with Sarah Palmer, the Infinity's old captain and the melodramatic shell of a character that we used to call Cortana), to awful colour pallets and redesigns, extremely on-rails vehicle segments with loads of invisible death barriers hindering any exploration, QTEs, poor sound mixing, poorly designed bullet sponge enemies with next to no visual feedback system beyond hitmarkers (Also: WHY can't I headshot a Promethean Knight as soon as its shields have dropped?!), the abundance of unbalanced OHK weapons and their inability to do any damage when equipped by the player and finally

The damn predator missile ripped straight from CoD
PfEHoW.png

Ugh, it irritates me just thinking about it

Computron

I have an XBONE and a couple 360s.

Can I use my one Xbox Live gold account on 2 systems (an XBONE and a 360) at the same time?

Need to know for Destiny Cross-Buy.

I have an XBONE and a couple 360s.

Can I use my one Xbox Live gold account on 2 systems (an XBONE and a 360) at the same time?

Need to know for Destiny Cross-Buy.

Pretty sure you can use your account on multiple device types simultaneously, not so sure if they can be playing the same game/accessing same features.

Like you can sign in on PC, XB1, WP8, and 360 all at the same time (I've done this), but I don't know if you can access the same servers. Would likely be a Bungie limitation to prevent data corruption and whatnot.

Omoshai

Neo Member
Just seen the videos for the new H2A Lockout, was really impressed by how solid the shooting looked, seemed like they recaptured it pretty accurately from Halo 2 and just too see one of my favourite maps in the Halo series redone had me reminiscing way too much about the past, really looking forward to November.

However couldn't help but feel disappointment by some of the design choices, In particular the lighting and the art with 343 Halo titles could be a lot more in line with Halo's history before they took charge. Since Halo 4 everything looks pretty whitewashed, overly detailed but with no character. Lockout had a striking blue filter/tint, it was undeniably, unmistakably blue. It felt like it was set in the evening, just before full scale darkness. Bit disappointing to see a more "realistic" interpretation which has lost that nice striking colour palette, for a bland look overly bright daytime. Halo 1,2, 3 and Reach maps had that core, striking palette where colour was used to really give life to maps. Also wish they would return the wavey rips of air caused by the sniper rifle but guess that's just not realistic....but jheeze please fix how it sounds.

Personally, I think 343 really needs to improve the HUD, I really want there to be less medals but their prominence brought back to the Halo 2/3 days placed in the centre of the hud with those great emblems in nice view. The feeling of wiping a team and getting that Killtactular medal was great. Really think they should reuse the announcer assets from Halo 1/2 era because he was the GOAT of all time, from the way he introduced gametypes to kill counts.

Where Halo started to fail for me was when you could feel they started taking design cues from COD. Halo should stay unique, different and realise there are swings and roundabouts with consumers.

Anyways great job by 343 as most of this stuff I can admit is pretty insignificant, fact they added H2A ontop of bringing back halo 1 - 3 with online is good enough for me. Still be great to possibly return to the franchise for 5 having fell so out with Halo with Reach and 4.

Omni

Sounds like you need to like more random Xbone status updates from me.

Get mad kid.
Reported to Microsoft. Enjoy your ban kiddo

I just go through the list and like everyone's stuff. I feel like I'm the only one who does so. On my friends list anyway /shrugs

That legitimately makes me irrationally angry.
On the upside didn't the lead campaign designer of Halo 4 also leave a while back? Can't remember his title. But I'm sure he had worked on CoD or something beforehand. Or at least moved onto it

Don't think Halo 5's campaign levels will improve. They'll probably get worse if anything.
Calling it now - I think Halo 5's campaign is actually going to be really good. Everyone can quote me in a little over a year =)

They've got a beefier system to work with and that alone is going to make for some really interesting level design. It's the first next gen campaign for halo since Halo 3! They'll be able to do a lot of sweet things in the game. And 343 really does have the experience and feedback now to at least kind of tailor the game mechanics to what people really like.

Reported to Microsoft. Enjoy your ban kiddo

I just go through the list and like everyone's stuff. I feel like I'm the only one who does so. On my friends list anyway /shrugs

On the upside didn't the lead campaign designer of Halo 4 also leave a while back? Can't remember his title. But I'm sure he had worked on CoD or something beforehand. Or at least moved onto it
I'll admit that the prometheans weren't the most interesting enemies at times in the game, but I enjoyed shooting stuff and the visuals were pleasing enough. I also liked the terminals providing little glimpses of the forerunner history.

Ultimately, the weapons make a big difference in how much i enjoy a campaign. BR's aren't as responsive or fast as the pistol was in Halo:CE - just one reason, but a big reason why I think Halo:CE's campaign was so fun to replay through over and over again. When I first joined neogaf all i did was argue and complain that the pistol should be returned to its former glory. I know it never will, so I'm super excited about TMCC and playing Halo 1 on live for the first time ever.

So back to Halo 4's campaign, it had no bloom, no spread, and the DMR which was/is at least more similar in feel to the pistol from CE. Give me something like a pistol to navigate every level in a halo campaign and i think every time I'll be a very happy camper.

EDIT:
In the current climate in gaming culture it could lead to death threats.

but

ODST and Halo 3
it's the weapons! I'm telling you ;) I didn't like being a peon in ODST with a piss-weak pistol (again), but I do think the world in ODST is fantastic. Halo 3 was my 2nd favorite campaign behind CE until Halo 4 lol.

Computron

Pretty sure you can use your account on multiple device types simultaneously, not so sure if they can be playing the same game/accessing same features.

Like you can sign in on PC, XB1, WP8, and 360 all at the same time (I've done this), but I don't know if you can access the same servers. Would likely be a Bungie limitation to prevent data corruption and whatnot.

Wait, really? I seem to remember being signed out of Halo on my xbox 360 when playing H2v.

Computron

PC meaning Windows 8 LIVE games, sorry. GFWL counts as the same device "type" as a 360.

Ok, cool.

Hopefully the destiny servers don't throw a fit when I try and log in twice.

I can farm glimmer, fly to the tower stores and buy equipment on my 360 on one monitor while my crucible matches load on my other with GAF on the third screen.

MULTITASKING. :-D

How's latency on the XBONE's HDMI passthrough? Could I plug the 360 in there?

Ok, cool.

I can farm glimmer, fly to the tower stores and buy equipment on my 360 on one monitor while my crucible matches load on my other with GAF on the third screen.

Fd2CR7L.gif

Captain Friendo

Neo Member
Something interesting about halo is the way the art has evolved over time. Take halo 2 anniversary for example. For anyone that's into the lore you'd know that until this point in the canon the armor the marines wore in halo 2 and 3 was the same, (M52B) just that halo 3 had the proper appearance of the armor. However, now in Halo 2 anniversary the marine armor is actually the armor from Halo Wars, which means halo 2's is now a completely seperate type of armor from 3.
The reason this is interesting to me though is because when Halo Wars was new it looked like the armor the marines wore was more or less an updated version of what the marines wore in halo CE, but then Reach came along and established that in CE the marines were wearing shared army assets, and now, eventually, the Halo Wars armor has gone and taken the place of Halo 2 M52B, sort of putting everything into one big, consistent circle.

Ok, cool.

I really doubt you can be accessing a single character on both the 360 and xbone at the same time. I doubt you can even do that with a second character. Sure, you can be logged into the 360 and xbone at the same time, but you can't play with yourself. You can't have your character in two places at once.

JonCha

I haven't read any of the Halo novels and I'm still struggling to understand some of the more abstract parts of what happened in Halo 4.

A very, very average campaign in my opinion.

Top Bottom