• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

ign98.png
Astounding AI?
Yeah when an Elite stands still and takes a clip full of BR without evading, k.

Nebula

Do you appear if i insult Mongooses while looking into a mirror?

Implying you can find something to insult.

In the dead of night while you sleep, you'll be awoken by the roaring of my engine. You'll then be subjected to numerous nudges and pokes as I attempt to splatter you with barely any run up because your bedroom is pretty small.

Woorloog

Banned
Mongooses have no good place in Halo if you ask me. But that is not a good insult, i guess.

And i forgot i posted just a few minutes ago here. Fucking memory...

Nebula

Mongooses have no good place in Halo if you ask me. But that is not a good insult, i guess.

And i forgot i posted just a few minutes ago here. Fucking memory...

Quick infantry movement without having to resort to silly things like sprint. On larger maps anyway.

HTupolev

Reach's ending was great, IMO, and I'm not talking about the end of PoA and the MAC gun sequence because that shit was hard AF on Legendary.
It's only "hard" on SLASO, and even then only in the sense that getting past a random number generator is "hard."

It's a piece of cake otherwise, albeit for every wrong reason imaginable.

I guess it would be pretty tough if you decided to be silly and actually try to use the gun before you have to, but why would anyone do that? It's a bad memorization game even as low as normal difficulty.

Quick infantry movement without having to resort to silly things like sprint. On larger maps anyway.
Yep. On BTB maps it can sometimes be neat to have a semi-limited fast movement resource with relatively low risk on use.

Mistel

Banned
Implying you can find something to insult.

In the dead of night while you sleep, you'll be awoken by the roaring of my engine. You'll then be subjected to numerous nudges and pokes as I attempt to splatter you with barely any run up because your bedroom is pretty small.
Isn't it more of a droning noise like a really big mosquito than a roar?

Woorloog

Banned

Warthog, Warthog, more Warthog. And some Spectres.
I feel the addition of the Mongoose reduced the use of the Warthog for non-combat purposes.
With only Warthogs, the driver has to balance between giving fire support (assuming there is a gunner) and transporting VIPs around. With a Mongoose in the game, there is no need for this as there is almost always someone driving one (in CTF).
For one person tranportation, there's the Ghost (though i have to admit, with its guns, it is a bigger asset compared to single Mongoose).

Of course, the bigger issue, the real issue, is that i find the Mongoose to be really boring vehicle, design and use-wise. It looks like a small Warthog without what makes the Warthog so iconic and fun, and its tricky controls and purpose make it a boring vehicle; and of course its lack of guns makes it utterly worthless in the campaign (armed passengers are of no use due to the terrible AI). For transportation in the campaign the Warthog is enough. Indeed it is easy to see why Bungie cut the vehicle from Halo 2 (in addition to technical issues).

Giving it guns isn't a good solution to the last point, there's the Ghost already... not to mention there is no reasonable basis in an armed quad bike (the Ghost is analogous but then it is an alien device so it doesn't count).

EDIT for transportation in big maps... Warthogs and more team work. Faster base movement speed. And perhaps maps that are more compact while still offering a lot options and space to drive around (kind of multi-leveled maps?).

Woorloog

Banned
Woorloog just gave me permission to take the Hog and use it to travel to power weapons. Hehehe.

I can drive people there, win-win, all you need to do is to ask (in theory, i use mute all). Unfortunately people are utter idiots and do not understand mutual/collective benefit, only "me-me-me!".
EDIT i just realized the irony of my statement. Though i will argue that team play does not require communication, i can benefit my team without ever saying anything, or listening.

Didnt the main function of the moongose is to reach key points where big vehicles cant?

Never heard of that one.

EDIT in any case, replace the Mongoose with some cooler vehicle with better controls, even if it has the same purpose, i will like it better. Possibly.

My only real problem with the Mongoose is that it's slower than the Warthog, despite all visual, auditory, and commonsensical indicators pointing the other way. Other than that, it's a fine vehicle (though I'm looking forward to playing with the Gungoose.)

Vooduu

(」゚ペ)」

The best we have around here is Burgerville but they're wayyyyy too expensive.

Being from Canada, I always just assumed that Whataburger was made up for King of the Hill. Learn somethin new everyday!

Oh no my friends.
kttcolishaq

Whataburger is something everybody tries when they come south or more importantly Texas.
kttcoliblessed

It's converts In n Out devotees.

Top Bottom