• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

TheOddOne

Vooduu just knows in his heart that he has to side with another PS4.
nBVtHew.png

Don't let the people hold you down son, go for it.
NqGLtLG.png

Man, if I found a brunette that good looking with that sense of humor and love for vidya, I wife that in a heartbeat.
kttcoliwhoo

she'll never want a man who can't even afford a Xbox for a franchise he predecessor he loves

besides she's already spoken for, with ME

Sai-kun

Banned
Turns out I am getting this*, for PS4. IDGAFOS about the folks in DestinyGAF, just need some of you nerds to play with. My PSN name is techn1colors and you should all add me if you'll be playing on PS4 :3

*by this, I mean Destiny. Thanks for the callout, Karl 😤

Karl2177

Turns out I am getting this, for PS4. IDGAFOS about the folks in DestinyGAF, just need some of you nerds to play with. My PSN name is techn1colors and you should all add me if you'll be playing on PS4 :3

I don't know how you managed to get MCC on PS4, but I'm impressed.

I would never have bought an XB1 if Halo was on PS4.
But what if Nintendo fell out of the console hardware market and made their games exclusive to Microsoft consoles to take down the PS4?

Master Chief, Arbiter, Banjo Kazooie, Battletoads, Conker, et al. for Smash

Vooduu

But what if Nintendo fell out of the console hardware market and made their games exclusive to Microsoft consoles to take down the PS4?

Master Chief, Arbiter, Banjo Kazooie, Battletoads, Conker, et al. for Smash

I would honestly enjoy seeing that. Sony would definitely step up their game.

I would honestly enjoy seeing that. Sony would definitely step up their game.
OT, but sad thing about this is that PSASBR probably won't get the true Smash-esque sequel that many people want.

If Microsoft ever goes down that route, they'd be better off copying the Smash formula to a T (ie: Ring outs/blast zones, stocks, etc.). Smash 64 only has 12 characters and there are still people traveling around the world to compete in tourneys. When people say Microsoft doesn't have enough characters for a Smash game that's just nonsense.. When you can have characters like the Wii Fit Trainer and Fox, who was never outside of his Arwing, in Smash, there are more than enough characters for Microsoft.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm starting to feel tempted to buy Destiny digitally. Gonna be pissed if I end up not liking it though. The "it's almost here" hype is getting to me.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Why not buy a preowned disk copy then?
Cause it would take several days to track one down. I'll just get a physical copy and resell it myself if I don't like it. Being able to turn my Xbox on and play right at midnight is pretty tempting, though.

I cannot believe I almost missed a Whataburger conversation. Gotta be either the honey barbecue chicken strip sandwich, the hunter butter chicken biscuit, or the classic triple with cheese on Texas toast.

I'm gonna miss it.

Nothing quite enables me to destroy your toilet like whataburger.

VeeP

I just found out there is a Halo comic which takes place after the events of Halo 4. Anything interesting happen in it? Plot-wise I mean.

Edit: Welp. I'm reading a synopsis online and (without any spoilers) it looks like Chief met a few people.

nillapuddin

Need MCC for my shelf, in an all digital world (my xbox one) Im going physical

edit: if MS doesnt let us east coasters actually play at midnight, I guarantee I will prepurchase it digital, download the whole thing, and then still go get a physical copy so I can play at 12:30

tootsi666

I like to have my Halos physically, but TMCC might be the first one I buy digitally. Physical version will apparently be released 14th of November in Finland while I could get the digital version on the 11th. Halo 4 was released on the same day in the US and EU so I'm really irritated by this.

I just found out there is a Halo comic which takes place after the events of Halo 4. Anything interesting happen in it? Plot-wise I mean.

Edit: Welp. I'm reading a synopsis online and (without any spoilers) it looks like Chief met a few people.
Plot-wise? Very. A lot of us who kept reading it or just got into it were taken back with issue #9. So get reading!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Need MCC for my shelf, in an all digital world (my xbox one) Im going physical
There's only three things I like to collect: books, mugs, and knives. And even then I don't really care all that much. I'm kind of an anti-hoarder. I have a hard time having a lot of stuff.

Nebula

Speaking to some guys at work and they all have PS4's and are getting destiny. I'm so torn.

Might just get the Xbone when MCC drops.

blamite

I tried playing some Reach the other day after a bunch of 4 and some 3, and holy crap am I terrible at this game. Maybe my sensitivity is off or something but I just cannot DMR people at all. Also Rumble Pit and Multi-Team are still really fun but I can't play any of the 4v4 playlists, the maps are so bad.

Also PS4 Destiny HaloGAF peoples, add me if you want? PSN id is blamite.

Some kinda important lore. I will put it in spoilers

-The original Spartan IV goes mad and try to hijack the infinity, go beaten by palmer but saved in the end by an unknown human.

-A peace truce reunion between the elites,humans and brutes
was made to stop future wars
-A Spartan IV betrays the spartans (killed by palmer anyway)
-DeMarco Dies
-Thorne is the new leader of Majestic fireteam
-The arbiter got a new design
-The reunion failed

-The son of capitan cutter makes an alliance with the covenant
-The Spirit of Fire (from Halo Wars) is still MIA
-Spirit of Fire crew abandoned the ship due Flood outbreak inside the ship

-The elites are dispersed in small leader groups
-Elites have no propurse now since there is no real leader to reunite all of the groups
-A journalist wants to know the truth about what happened Master chief after Halo 4 events
-There is a secret group who wants to keep ONI shady activities on the elites

-The Didact is still alive
-There are more than one Composer
-The Didact summons an Halo near to Earth to wipe out humanity

VinFTW

Speaking to some guys at work and they all have PS4's and are getting destiny. I'm so torn.

Might just get the Xbone when MCC drops.

So, you can get an X1, Destiny AND MCC for the same price as a PS4, that you're going to get to play Destiny?

Get the X1. :p

Sai-kun

Banned

-The original Spartan IV goes mad and try to hijack the infinity, go beaten by palmer but saved in the end by an unknown human.

-DeMarco Dies
-The reunion failed

-Elites have no propurse now since there is no real leader to reunite all of the groups
-A journalist wants to know the truth about what happened Master chief after Halo 4 events

what the fufck lmao

VeeP

-DeMarco Dies
-The reunion failed

Damn. I also just found out that Chief met...

He met the Blue Team and other Spartan IIs? DAMN.

So, you can get an X1, Destiny AND MCC for the same price as a PS4, that you're going to get to play Destiny?

Get the X1. :p

Woot? I think I can buy one ps4 and a half by a Xbox one price.

Is that Sif?

Damn. I also just found out that Chief met...

He met the Blue Team and other Spartan IIs? DAMN.

Yup,
wearing S-IVs armor and there is another group of S-IIs (using the old armor) but were killed by the Didact.

VinFTW

Think the PS4 is £30 cheaper and it's white.

Yes... but MCC.

Enough said.

Woot? I think I can buy one ps4 and a half by a Xbox one price.

Is that Sif?

Yup,
wearing S-IVs armor and there is another group of S-IIs (using the old armor) but were killed by the Didact.

Yes it is :p

And, not trying to be rude but: I think I can buy one ps4 and a half by a Xbox one price.

Don't understand that^ what do you mean?

VinFTW

But white ps4 now. MCC not out for 2 months.

Still get to play Destiny. I don't know... For me, seeing as Destiny on X1 and PS4 are identical and MCC is the greatest thing ever, it's a no brainer both in value and in entertainment.

If you're THIS torn just do what your heart tells ya. For me it would be obvious (I own both though so :p).

They can buy 1 and 1/2 PS4's for the cost of a Xbox one.

Both $400 no?

Top Bottom