• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Booties

Banned
She'd probably beat tashi into a corner of the plane and call him a pussy.

Did she ever face charges for all that? Kinda disappeared as quickly as it appeared in the news.

Silky

Banned
Why is Master Chief wearing a fur robe.

Get out.

HYTJueA.jpg

this is the game you play

Campaign was a snooze fest. I'm talking level design here. Cutscenes were amazing. Storywise there were small bits that perhaps went against canon (I'm talking very nitpicky details here. Like Elites not having energy shields and Elite minors carrying staves [or Elite Honor Guards with the wrong colours... Whatever way you wanna look at it])

Gameplay controls is where it excelled.

But it felt watered down compared to C&C which was also on 360. My biggest issue was the single HUB bases. Takes a layer of skill out of an RTS when you don't need to worry about base building as such. Plus the low pop cap was a bit frustrating
Halo Wars:C&C/StarCraft
Halo:Quake/Unreal Tournament
Walk over to her and say, "Hi there. My people call me Toshi. I hope you're flying solo. How's about you and I join the mile high club?" Then slug her on the shoulder and wink.

I will not be held responsible for what happens next.
High level avatar included:
20/10

Rev3rb

Iron Banner made vanilla Halo 4 look like fuckin Halo CE

Never touching that again Bungie

Iron Banner is the most frustrated I've ever been in gaming. I cannot believe how hilariously unbalanced it is.

Still can't get over how bad Destiny's PvP is. I'd take vanilla Halo 4 over it any day.

At least Iron Banner is hilarious. it's the Call of Duty "rich get richer" game design taken even further

All of this. All of this...

From a page or two back...I would never miss MCC/Guardians and I agree for competitive PvP Halo is the front runner by a long shot.

BUT...reasons.

A party of mates in that shared Destiny world was awesome. The loot, the dancing, the exploration, the atmosphere and all rooted in our solar system. Sign me up for more Bungie sci-fi FPS.

I could always have fun with Reach or 4 so the Destiny upgrades and heading back into the world for the next fireteam challenge really appeals to me.

That matchmaking had me find two new friends and we held together on strikes too. I really like the overall presentation.

RAIDS.

Yep had this of been exclusive to any platform I would have bought another console to site beside my X1. Is it perfect? No e.g. Bullet sponge crawler tank. The strike in 3 man fireteam was sooo much better than that, can't wait for raids.

TL;DR not into Destiny for PvP but the coop is delicious.

When I was playing Iron Banner, I basically ran around as a Titan with a shotgun and when 21-2 most games. It had shades of Titanfall (meaning yuck). Not even CoD was that unbalanced on a bad day.

Basically just going to be playing PvE most of the time. Maybe pop into PvP once in a blue moon.
I do want to do that Osiris PvP just to piss off teammates.

Sitting outside the Renaissance hotel in Montgomery listening to a guitarist and downing some fries. Bootcamp begins tomorrow. Wish me luck, dopefiends!

VinFTW

From a user on Halo Waypoint:

I believe we should have a unique ranking system based on both skill and progression.

Halo 5: Guardians Avatar Ranking System

Global Rank - This is the ranking system that is purely for progression and playability, to strive to become the top rank, and show your dedication to the game. The experience would be gain from completing matches, earning medals and doing various challenges; this is a permanent rank which is display for the public to see. Perhaps if we have variety of species to play as... the ranking suffix will be unique equivalent when displayed on your Avatar.

Spartan/Sangheili Ranks
Recruit - Novice
Apprentice - Minor
Private - Major
Corporal - Ranger
Sergeant - Warrior
Gunnery Sergeant - Field Master
Warrant Officer - Officer
Lieutenant - Ultra
Captain - Ship Master
Major - Special Ops
Lt. Colonel - Commando
Commander - General
Colonel - Ascetic
Brigadier - Zealot
General - Field Marshal

Skill Rank - This is the ranking system to purely determine how skilled you are versing other players within the populace. It would be judged per game type and would be based on wins and losses... which also judges how much contribution or influence you had within the game via your medals and kills. The ranking system would pair you with like-skilled players to give you, and others, a fair match to play in; and thus allowing pros and beginners to remain content and happy. (Skill Rank 1 - Skill Rank 50)

Top Bottom