• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Omni

Only one complaint about Destiny:
made me redo the training and battles from the beta

Yah. First like five hours I was bored senseless because I had already grinded through all that stuff in the beta

Speaking of. Destiny feels... empty. Story is terribly weak. I don't know. I feel like I'm reading a children's book while playing

Yah. First like five hours I was bored senseless because I had already grinded through all that stuff in the beta

Speaking of. Destiny feels... empty. Story is terribly weak. I don't know. I feel like I'm reading a children's book while playing

It's a very, very weak story. I mean, the core concepts of each plot line are fairly cool, but the presentation is astoundingly awful.

willow ve

It's a very, very weak story. I mean, the core concepts of each plot line are fairly cool, but the presentation is astoundingly awful.
Seeing multiple people max level already has me glad I didn't buy at launch. Looks like it might make sense to wait for a used copy or GOTY edition.

HTupolev

Seeing multiple people max level already has me glad I didn't buy at launch. Looks like it might make sense to wait for a used copy or GOTY edition.
Why are people surprised? Bungie has been presenting the campaign and <20 level progression as the game's intro.

Mix

Where are all the nerds at? y'all add me.
Xbox Live: MIXMASTERCHlEF
PSN: LegendaryMix
I got it on Xbone and PS4 so hit me up on either one.

I've honestly been thinking about something like this for a while. Offering the xp system for those that want it, but maintaining the proper 1-50 ranking system for skill.
Fuck having any sort of reachLo 4 style progression ranks.

Nothing like that is needed at all. Ffs that post came from WAYPOINT.

jem0208

Fuck having any sort of reachLo 4 style progression ranks.

Nothing like that is needed at all. Ffs that post came from WAYPOINT.
What's wrong witch having that as an alternative rank style?

You could have it like 3 where each playlist had a skill based rank and your overall rank is like Reach or 4.

Or have it where you have a skill based overall rank and an XP based "show" rank.

Seriously, not seeing the issue.
Because a "show" rank doesn't matter because no one gives a shit how long another player has played the game.

It comes down to people wanting shit from R/4. When those games caused halo to shit itself.

Because a "show" rank doesn't matter because no one gives a shit how long another player has played the game.

It comes down to people wanting shit from R/4. When those games caused halo to shit itself.

Except maybe some people do? Besides, it's a useful system for stuff like the bulk of cosmetic unlocks (though having some stuff tied to skill rank would be cool).

You know that 3 was part XP, right?

welp I wasn't expecting Escalation #10 previews to show more of all that...

Chief's helmet is being crushed and visor shattered by the Didact...

Just give Chief fifty billion full suit upgrades in the campaign and let us choose the one we want to wear after clearing the campaign. Even Halo 4 managed to crank out the Rogue armor, which is hands-down the best self-contained (as in, doesn't need improved by mix-matching permutations) in the franchise.

Only one complaint about Destiny:
made me redo the training and battles from the beta
You saying Master Chief won't walk out of a cryo chamber, into some narrow hallways, then into a vast open landscape to explore with nothing but a Pistol, AR, some grenades and a Warthog for Halo 5?

;[

Woorloog

Banned
You saying Master Chief won't walk out of a cryo chamber, into some narrow hallways, then into a vast open landscape to explore with nothing but a Pistol, AR, some grenades and a Warthog for Halo 5?

;[

Looking at your avatar... i have an idea. Let's give the Chief a dog with Mjolnir armor for Halo 5. I mean, it worked for CoD Ghosts (did it?).
So now you start with a pistol, assault rifle, grenades, Warthog, and a dog with power armor.

EDIT Oh and another thing. Scorpion Mark II, a transforming tank. Transforms into a mech, replacing the Mantis. Overpowered as ever.

Looking at your avatar... i have an idea. Let's give the Chief a dog with Mjolnir armor for Halo 5. I mean, it worked for CoD Ghosts (did it?).
So now you start with a pistol, assault rifle, grenades, Warthog, and a dog with power armor.

EDIT Oh and another thing. Scorpion Mark II, a transforming tank. Transforms into a mech, replacing the Mantis. Overpowered as ever.

Holy shit.
I like all of it.

Mistel

Banned
Inb4 Forerunner/Human hybrid armor.
Bit late on that:
H4_MJOLNIR_Prefect.png

Bit late on that:
H4_MJOLNIR_Prefect.png
Yeah that too, but lore wise GS says the type of armor MC uses is compared to a level 1 forerunner armor. H4 has shed some light on the type of armor they wore in the terminals. Curious how much more advanced humans can further evolve their tech. including upgrading Spartan armor.

Top Bottom