• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

No joke, my local Gamestop is having a Halo 4 tournament prior to the Destiny midnight launch...lol

image.php

Halo 4 had a tourney at my local gamestop leading up to midnight. I didn't go in favor of chilling with the missus for chick-fil-a, energy drinks and car-bangery at college after her night classes. Got Halo 4 that midnight, ended up finishing the campaign in six hours and skipped school the following day.

Worth it. Could you imagine the disappointment playing a H4 multi tourney locally?

Nebula

Getting my Minecraft upgrade at some point tomorrow as well. Add me on Xbox you scrubs.

GT: RRAAAAAWWWWWWWR

bought it while I waited for Destiny to install which coincidentally finished as I typed this.

From a user on Halo Waypoint:

I believe we should have a unique ranking system based on both skill and progression.

-snip-

I've honestly been thinking about something like this for a while. Offering the xp system for those that want it, but maintaining the proper 1-50 ranking system for skill.

Pfhunkie

I've honestly been thinking about something like this for a while. Offering the xp system for those that want it, but maintaining the proper 1-50 ranking system for skill.
I mean, really, why not have both? Skill based encourages you to learn how to play the game and a progression based encourages you to keep playing more. They're both nice and I think it would work well if both were present for everyone.

Not sure what is meant by that, but I think skill-rank and experience-rank should be separate measures because they are different things.

Madness

I said the same a while back. For H4 they could have had SR1-50 for actual skill and the colonel, brigadier, general, stuff with the emblems for exp/amount of time played. So you could have someone be an SR20 and be a general, or have an SR49 and yet only be a major. Would tell you their skill and yet also tell you how long they've played the game.

Fuchsdh

I said the same a while back. For H4 they could have had SR1-50 for actual skill and the colonel, brigadier, general, stuff with the emblems for exp/amount of time played. So you could have someone be an SR20 and be a general, or have an SR49 and yet only be a major. Would tell you their skill and yet also tell you how long they've played the game.

Yeah that's along my thinking. To me it always made sense that the named ranks were tenure-based, essentially--Inheritor told you how much you played. A number or division bracket has always been easier to quantify for skill levels--I understand Level 50 in Halo , I understand Bronze to Diamond in StarCraft, I don't know where a Brigadier falls.

Kotaku has a nice round-up of online deals going right now for all things electronic: HERE

Some Xbox One related deals below:
Get $10 xbox digital code for pre-ordering TMCC from the Microsoft Store
Get $10 xbox ditigal code for pre-ordering Halo 5 from the MIcrosoft Store
* Any pre-ordered game works: Sunset Overdrive, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Evolve, Grand Theft Auto 5, The Division, The Crew
Xbox One Console w/ Kinect/ Forza (Game Code Only) /12 MONTH Live Card/ Destiny for $500 - very sweet deal (already a thread for it on gaming side)
Kinect-less Xbox One and free game promotion $400
Free game and $50 gift card when purchasing an Xbox One from the Microsoft Store - I think I like this one the best

I'd jump on the Halo 5 and Master Chief Collection deals from Microsoft, but I want to get my copies on the night of release. Too bad it's not digital and available for pre-loading. I'm also interested in Sid Meier's Beyond Earth. Steam required - $38 w/ promo code - 0K0EXG-959L61-WLDBL8 - I have no experience with Green Man Gaming. Are they reliable?

Little confused as to why they've made friendships a directed relationship in the Xbox One. That is someone can be my friend without me being theirs. I find it cumbersome.

Fox news: "Xbox One supports stalking. Has Microsoft gone too far?"
"Tonight at 10:00, souped up scooters are becoming increasingly more popular, but at what cost? We take an in-depth look at this alarming new trend, the inherent dangers, and interview the man behind the Ruckus - Frank O'Connor."

TheOddOne

"Tonight at 10:00, souped up scooters are becoming increasingly more popular, but at what cost? We take an in-depth look at this alarming new trend, the inherent dangers, and interview the man behind the Ruckus - Frank O'Connor."
"Is Frank O'Connor, creator of the Ruckus, a menace to society or the next Mark Zuckerberg? Tune in for this in-depth analysis from our Scottish correspondent Trisha Takanawa."

Vico

Kotaku has a nice round-up of online deals going right now for all things electronic: HERE

Some Xbox One related deals below:
Get $10 xbox digital code for pre-ordering TMCC from the Microsoft Store
Get $10 xbox ditigal code for pre-ordering Halo 5 from the MIcrosoft Store
* Any pre-ordered game works: Sunset Overdrive, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Evolve, Grand Theft Auto 5, The Division, The Crew
Xbox One Console w/ Kinect/ Forza (Game Code Only) /12 MONTH Live Card/ Destiny for $500 - very sweet deal (already a thread for it on gaming side)
Kinect-less Xbox One and free game promotion $400
Free game and $50 gift card when purchasing an Xbox One from the Microsoft Store - I think I like this one the best

I'd jump on the Halo 5 and Master Chief Collection deals from Microsoft, but I want to get my copies on the night of release. Too bad it's not digital and available for pre-loading. I'm also interested in Sid Meier's Beyond Earth. Steam required - $38 w/ promo code - 0K0EXG-959L61-WLDBL8 - I have no experience with Green Man Gaming. Are they reliable?

Are the Microsoft Store deals exclusive to US?

Whaaaaat. So I can walk into a store, get a madden 15 bundle, a game, and a $50 card for $400 or w/e price the bundle is? That's nuts.

Pretty sure they were encouraging you buy a bundle in the press release lol. It's a great deal especially since it works with destiny.

Trey

Little confused as to why they've made friendships a directed relationship in the Xbox One. That is someone can be my friend without me being theirs. I find it cumbersome.

It's like twitter. A person can follow you even if you don't follow them back. you can, however, set it so that you have to approve anyone who wants to follow you, which I assume is an option on the Xbox One as well.

Karl2177

It's like twitter. A person can follow you even if you don't follow them back. you can, however, set it so that you have to approve anyone who wants to follow you, which I assume is an option on the Xbox One as well.

I'm still super confused by it. I tried adding Steely this morning and it won't let me. It's probably just Xbox telling me to keep my FL free from bad players, but it's annoying regardless.

Top Bottom