• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Eh? Rogue Halsey without an arm wasn't bad?

I can still remember the blow-out here when we finished Spartan Ops. Whole thing was a clusterfuck. From story to gameplay.

That was the one REALLY big messup IMO, even then it didn't affect me one way or another. I like the set up to future stuff with the Janus Key, opens up a lot of doors for all future media.

I actually liked that. Halsey's pretty clearly still playing the Elites, but she's never been particularly loyal to the UNSC, and now she's got the resources to operate without them. Good direction to take the story, IMO.

This, I think all the Space Hitler and teaming up with the Covenant stuff is a red herring.

Eh? Rogue Halsey without an arm wasn't bad?

I can still remember the blow-out here when we finished Spartan Ops. Whole thing was a clusterfuck. From story to gameplay.

I actually liked that. Halsey's pretty clearly still playing the Elites, but she's never been particularly loyal to the UNSC, and now she's got the resources to operate without them. Good direction to take the story, IMO.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
My friend's dog is named Halo, and last night I spent ten minutes holding a stick over his head and saying "Halo, reach!" and dying laughing. I'm trying to convince him to name his next dog Halo 2.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

Omni

If there's one thing I like in the trash that is Destiny PvP, it's that the maps have a day and night cycle.

I've wanted that in Halo for sooo long. Mixes things up a bit

10629883_782202048485550_1113846505523157562_n.jpg

Sexy.

Did I miss something? Just got this email

eLJX7JY.png

Fuck content like this being locked away and tied to preorders.

Okay so these things are cool. reposting from HBO, I don't know why I'm not over there much anymore.

Reach's rain actually interacted with the environment as per droplet. I never noticed this and it's really cool.

Whoa, that is pretty damn impressive.

New gameplay (even on Zanzibar): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKfyoZpqGl0&list=UUTTx-gTU-ePcxHLpF15l8hA

Embargo has been lifted, so we should see a lot more today.
Hopefully!

That Gungoose. Wow!

Omg, the Gungoose is killing me, haha

Damn, the live action trailers before Halo 4 were so good.

Well, I liked the e3, ship getting sucked in one from 4.

Or it could be a week :p
Because 343 is in a big hurry to give DLC out. look at the Halo 4 fiasco, the week early "preview" that was bollocks, the fact that the Limited Edition owners had to bitch to get the Strider and Scanner Helmets in the included season pass. and all of the pre-order DLCs that came on the GOTY edition or not at all (FOTUS)

so excuse me for being cynical.

m23

Because 343 is in a big hurry to give DLC out. look at the Halo 4 fiasco, the week early "preview" that was bollocks, the fact that the Limited Edition owners had to bitch to get the Strider and Scanner Helmets in the included season pass. and all of the pre-order DLCs that came on the GOTY edition or not at all (FOTUS)

so excuse me for being cynical.

You're making me do too much work.

Nowise10

Achievements need to be locked if you use such skulls in Halo 2, such as Bandana. Completely takes the challenge and skill away from them.
But we all know 343 won't do that.

You're making me do too much work.

1. what the hell is shopto?
2. that is the only time i've seen that date, and its not on 343's own website.
3. i searched for details about pre-order stuff, and besides a link to TEamBeyond and that bulletin i got shit all.

and that doesnt disprove the fact that 343 needs to better handle ALL of their asinine Pre-order DLC practices

m23

1. what the hell is shopto?
2. that is the only time i've seen that date, and its not on 343's own website.
3. i searched for details about pre-order stuff, and besides a link to TEamBeyond and that bulletin i got shit all.

and that doesnt disprove the fact that 343 needs to better handle ALL of their asinine Pre-order DLC practices

Ok....I'm sorry? Did I do something to offend you? lol

blamite

If there is any justice in the world (and if Microsoft really wants to sell some Xbones), 343 will advertise the MCC by literally just running the old Halo 1-4 ads exactly as they originally were, only with "Halo: The Master Chief Collection" at the end.

So. God. Damn. Good.

(And this one too I guess? Does Halo CE jut not have any memorable ads?)

Also just give in and add ODST and Reach to the collection so we can bring back Deliver Hope and We Are ODST, which is to this day one of the best pieces of non-game Halo content ever made.

Fuchsdh

If there is any justice in the world (and if Microsoft really wants to sell some Xbones), 343 will advertise the MCC by literally just running the old Halo 1-4 ads exactly as they originally were, only with "Halo: The Master Chief Collection" at the end.

So. God. Damn. Good.

(And this one too I guess? Does Halo CE jut not have any memorable ads?)

Also just give in and add ODST and Reach to the collection so we can bring back Deliver Hope and We Are ODST, which is to this day one of the best pieces of non-game Halo content ever made.

Seeing the Halo 2 one on broadcast television at the time was the moment I realized video gaming had finally hit the mainstream.

Madness

If there's one thing I like in the trash that is Destiny PvP, it's that the maps have a day and night cycle.

I've wanted that in Halo for sooo long. Mixes things up a bit

Same. But I wanted it tied with slight weapon and vehicle changes. For example, I once saw a Valhalla concept with snow etc. And I thought, why not have night and day cycles.

I remember playing World at War by Treyarch and they had this map Makin which was set at night, and then they released a free daytime version. Completely changed the pace of the map, key spots were no longer easy to shoot or hide from etc.

So using Valhalla again, I thought why not tie different slayer settings to night and day cycles too. Imagine Valhalla in the morning, nice and bright, clouds, the skybox is clear with a few UNSC ships flying around. The weapons are primarily UNSC etc. And then there is a nighttime version that is elite slayer, the skybox shows the Covenant destroying the UNSC in the sky, and because it's elite slayer, everyone is elite and the weapons and vehicles are Covenant based. This was back in Halo 3 days. Just a way to visually change the map, and also change the gameplay slightly.

Top Bottom