• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Building a new engine, launching a new IP, and developing on new hardware (let alone 2, and making two other versions), all at the same time, is really, really hard.
I remember when people said something very similar to this when Halo 3 came out and people hated the changes after 3-6 years of the Halo CE&2.

m23

halo 3 good maps

Guardian
The Pit
Valhalla
High Ground
Stand Off

no remakes sorry fracas

High Ground....

blogspot-tumblr-mt0ttfkn7c1ropvm6o3-400.gif

Thinking back, the only Halo novel I read was the Flood...and I think it was just a novelization of Halo: CE? I don't think it was very good, either. I remember there was a backstory for that one elite in elevator on The Maw that you kill in five seconds...I hope I'm not making that up

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Thinking back, the only Halo novel I read was the Flood...and I think it was just a novelization of Halo: CE? I don't think it was very good, either. I remember there was a backstory for that one elite in elevator on The Maw that you kill in five seconds...I hope I'm not making that up

Not enough 3 shot kills, backpack reloading or Prisoner 2v2s in the book IMO.

FyreWulff

It'd be fucking awesome PR wise if they made all DLC for Reach free. Can't really do it for 3 and 4 now because MCC is doing that instead.

MS will stay on their 'achievements must be tied to paid DLC' until the day they die.

It's just a bit annoying when they could at least stabilize and retain players, but the feeling is that they just wait for the current population to get bored and move on again and sit on their hands.

Discounting or free-ing the DLC wouldn't even need them to touch Reach's backend, at any rate. They put H3's DLC on sale for it's free period.

Fuchsdh

Nope. The parts of the book where he just goes through encounter after encounter are pretty dull, but the ancillary details Dietz added (the ODSTs, the Elites, Jenkins) were great.

Nope. The parts of the book where he just goes through encounter after encounter are pretty dull, but the ancillary details Dietz added (the ODSTs, the Elites, Jenkins) were great.

Was just gonna say this. Walking us through the combat was weak, but there's some genuinely great stuff in there.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
[Cross-Post]

So I was a annoyed with reading the Destiny Grimoire cards on Bungie.net as the web scripting is so damn heavy. I decided to build a little one-page thingo for reading all the juicy content within the cards with simple navigation that should work on all modern devices.

(warning, contains spoilers, as all cards are shown)

Here's the result: http://derflatulator.com/destiny/grimoire/

Screens:

And responsive as well. Well done. Bookmarked.

kR6hIEU.gif

Computer

Halo 4 on Legendary was incredibly easy on legendary compared to playing legendary on all the other games. Some moments were indeed still very hard to me (the most memorable being the two elites with concussion rifles on Composer)

Halo 2 on legendary was probably the worse because of those god damn OP brutes that just wouldn't die. Ugggh.

Brute_sin_armas.png

I can just imagine all those brutes that took me a life time to defeat on Halo 2 legendary just chuckling at me in the after life as they promptly put on their sunglasses and say, "Deal with it."

Remember the Brute dick in the that Halo 3 trailer? What was up with that?

II SHABUTIE II

Neo Member
MS will stay on their 'achievements must be tied to paid DLC' until the day they die.

It's just a bit annoying when they could at least stabilize and retain players, but the feeling is that they just wait for the current population to get bored and move on again and sit on their hands.

Discounting or free-ing the DLC wouldn't even need them to touch Reach's backend, at any rate. They put H3's DLC on sale for it's free period.

They give games away, that contain 1000 gamerscore. Microsoft logic makes my brain hurt.

Trey

MC killed old boy filthy in the book. Dropped the elevator he was on then threw some grenades down there. The supercombine explosion had the force of a nuke because lol CE; the elite flipped in the turret and landed on his neck.

Chief was fresh out of fucks at that point.

[Cross-Post]

So I was a annoyed with reading the Destiny Grimoire cards on Bungie.net as the web scripting is so damn heavy. I decided to build a little one-page thingo for reading all the juicy content within the cards with simple navigation that should work on all modern devices.

Screens:

Very nice mate but those spoilers...I can't look...I must not look...
I looked

Omni

[Cross-Post]

Screens:

If only the game generated enough interest in me to go out of my way to read these. As it stands I just don't care

Nice job though. Bungie.net is such a mess at the moment. Forums in particular are awful

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I think I've posted on the bungie.net forums maybe once since Halo 2 came out.

Vico

That level always brings a smile to my face; easily in my top 3 from all Halo games.

I mean it starts with a Pelican insertion where you fight to take the high ground with ODSTs (also it reminds me of the beginning of Silent Cartographer), then there's a small Warthog segment, then you get some nice CQC in the first tower, then you go back and enter a dogfighting segment is Hornets, then you touch base and enter some more CQC forwards and then a quick Flood fight, then you back track and enter a small Scorpion, which then leads into the greatest Scarab fight of all time (with many opportunities to take them out), and then you fight alongside and then against the Flood at the end. And it's all to some epic Marty music. Better than The Ark imo.

Wow, how did they go from that to Destiny's level design? What happened, Bungie?

The Covenant has always been my favorite Halo level. Really great mix of close quarters with more open environments, tank and hornet destruction, gravity hammer with the two Hunters, TWO SCARABS, the long final stand of the Covenant on the bridge, the escape from the Flood, all that shit. Looks great, sounds great, plays great.

Like in theory, I can see why they went with Cortana cuz they pretty much covered every possible angle on the Covenant front between The Ark and the Covenant. What do you even do to escalate after that, 3 scarabs? Have to go in another direction but fuuuuck what a direction.

Still the greatest Halo level of all time. The variety, the scale, the surprises, the story progression, the music... It all comes together in such a perfect way.

[Cross-Post]

Screens:
Good work man. Too bad the game's story and the writing is mostly gibberish Wahrerized fanfic put together in often incoherent sentences and gobbledygook.

And of course, just like Halo 4, put the goddamn story in the fucking game, not your shitty designed website (waypoint...ugh).

It will most likely never happen, sadly. The whole rights situation I'm pretty sure limits Hayabusa to just Halo 3 as a gift from the people behind Dead or Alive, right?. Anyway still looks super cool doe.

There is a new D.O.A coming out, If they get another Halo guest character they might be okay with it who knows :p (Frankie plz)

m23

There is a new D.O.A coming out, If they get another Halo guest character they might be okay with it who knows :p (Frankie plz)

I think it was more of Itagaki being friendly with Microsoft that we got those things. Since he's no longer at Team Ninja, I don't see it happening again.

Nebula

Decided to jump on Halo 4 and hit some pretty cool clips in my second game. Back to the Halo 4 grind for a few hours I guess.

Also in Halo 5 I want to be able to save my films in 1-2 button presses please. I shouldn't need to dig through multiple menus to get to it.

Am I mistaken here or is that Spartan's head located between his shoulder blades?

Edit: Just watched it in slo mo and he sweep snipes upward. The frame he pulls the trigger on his reticle is placed at the shoulder blades but he sweeps vertically in the second frame.

Ramirez

Am I mistaken here or is that Spartan's head located between his shoulder blades?

Edit: Just watched it in slo mo and he sweep snipes upward. The frame he pulls the trigger on his reticle is placed at the shoulder blades but he sweeps vertically in the second frame.

Halo 2's headshot hitbox was insanely generous.

Beowulf28

I've never posted in this thread but I just wanted to drop in and say that I'm seriously considering buying an Xbox One just for the MCC. Seeing the remastered gameplay clips are reawakening my dormant Halo thirst.

Top Bottom