• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
I've never posted in this thread but I just wanted to drop in and say that I'm seriously considering buying an Xbox One just for the MCC. Seeing the remastered gameplay clips are reawakening my dormant Halo thirst.
giphy.gif

Today I wanted to tease myself for some reason, so I dusted off my 360 just to play one match of Halo 3, it's been years since I last played it. Searching took forever but it was so worth it. Team slayer, Guardian. And boom my team drop out and it was just me and this guy. Dude was pro and I was terrible. But we own the other team, we score 47, and then this dude decides to kill me, teabag me, and then quit.
13764336984_764e30836b_o.gif
I have no idea why he did that, but it was hilarious.

Thankfully I did manage to win.

Today I wanted to tease myself for some reason, so I dusted off my 360 just to play one match of Halo 3, it's been years since I last played it. Searching took forever but it was so worth it. Team slayer, Guardian. And boom my team drop out and it was just me and this guy. Dude was pro and I was terrible. But we own the other team, we score 47, and then this dude decides to kill me, teabag me, and then quit.
13764336984_764e30836b_o.gif
I have no idea why he did that, but it was hilarious.

Thankfully I did manage to win.
Halo

Soon.

For some reason this video just really hit me and made me realize how fucking incredible this game looks:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/09/19/halo-shrine-gameplay-tgs-2014

Now if only those boring black medals would be replaced by those amazing colored ones for 2.

Also, someone on Waypoint was saying Zanzibar's Dynamic Lighting or some shit wasn't stable so they turned it off for the recent gameplay reveal (it WILL be there at launch though)? Did anybody hear anything like this?

don't like black, but want them colored?

so sick of the racism in HaloGAF

TheOddOne

I don't see color, I only see ViewtifulJC. Racism against him is ok in my book.

You belong in the same group as Viewtiful, Elzar.

bidguy

Banned
wow, it looks nice.

Anyone else think the spartan models look, like, amazing in motion? They remind me a lot of Halo 4's in the screenshots but in actual gameplay they look so good.

yeah

i know yt is capped at 30fps but this looks fluid as fuck

Ampoc

Neo Member

I'm so glad on what they did with the multiplayer. I was at first skeptica at first when they said it's not the same engine and instead the multiplayer is on a different engine designed emulate Halo 2's feel. Now that I see it, I love how they kept the way Halo 2 looked at it's core with the weapons. The Battle Rifle is held just like it's held in Halo 2, as well as the energy sword and pretty much all the other guns.

And for some reason, I really love how the spartan models look.

Looks like someone got a promotion.

I'm not sure whether I should be happy for this or not. He was the designer for the multiplayer of Halo 4.. right?

Madness

Don't know how anyone can say movement is slower than Halo 3. Maybe it's just me, but the move speed looks similar to how it was in Halo 2 and definitely faster than Halo 3 which feels/looks like moving in molasses now. Same with Reach. And while 4 was faster than 3 or Reach, the inclusion of sprint made it seem like you were super slow when not using it. Look at how slow the move speed and gameplay was In Halo 3, just a random BTB match from Avalanche.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1cKn8DAbPg

Karl2177

Don't know how anyone can say movement is slower than Halo 3. Maybe it's just me, but the move speed looks similar to how it was in Halo 2 and definitely faster than Halo 3 which feels/looks like moving in molasses now. Same with Reach. And while 4 was faster than 3 or Reach, the inclusion of sprint made it seem like you were super slow when not using it. Look at how slow the move speed and gameplay was In Halo 3, just a random BTB match from Avalanche.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1cKn8DAbPg

Is it bad that I knew what video this was about 30 seconds in?

I don't really like the H2A armor. It's all too rounded or something.

Oh, ok, well that's not bad. Glad they're taking this approach.

ODST turns 5, great game.

halo-3-odst-screenshot-big1.jpg

Halo-3-ODST_Firefight_SecurityZone1stPerson2_tif_jpgcopy.jpg

Heretic_%281%29.jpg

<3 ODST

Now I feel old.

q1NaXwCl.jpg

Totally a lighting error bro

:lol

Forgot about this.

They actually made the Hayabusa for H4, even though it was never released (or even finished)

hayabusa1.jpg

hayabusa2.jpg

I like this armor.. at the very least, it has some unique design language that is a clear read, standing out from the rest.

Woorloog

Banned
And for some reason, I really love how the spartan models look.

The shoulder armor isn't good, it is too prominent, compare it to Halo 3's, where the shape is the same but it isn't as protruding. It is almost the same as in Halo 4's Mark VI. (Indeed the whole Mark VI armor seems to be lifted from Halo 4, with some superficial tweaks. It wasn't a bad version of the armor by any means, i just never liked that iteration of the shoulder armor. Not as bad as Reach's Mark V shoulders though...)
The color, the surface texture isn't that good either, it is too shiny. I'd prefer it to be less shiny, more... rough but not entirely dull either.

Otherwise, they look pretty good, and ultimately the texture/color isn't that big deal.

I wonder when we will finally get real time reflections for the visors, been waiting for them for 10 years...

BTW, is there any good pic of a Halo 2 Anniversary Multiplayer Elite?

HTupolev

I wonder when we will finally get real time reflections for the visors, been waiting for them for 10 years...
They'll probably give them some garbage screen-space reflections. "Problem solved!" Then in another 10 years, when Halo moves over to a real-time world-space ray tracer, we'll actually get proper real-time reflections. Somewhere around 2025, Halo 1 will be supplanted as the Halo series real-time reflections champion.

No comment on the video but i remember the first in-game footage of the Bubble Shield.
It rolled down the hill on High Ground! It was awesome! Too bad the model got changed and even the round equipment (Power Drain, Radar Jammer, Flare) were kind of sticky and didn't really roll.
lol I've been looking for this for a while and I just stumbled upon it; it's so adorable and catchy! One of those things that stuck in my head for years, like Halo 2 Yoda on Backwash and HMV Hell ;b

Woorloog

Banned
I don't get Halo... fandom?
Whatever it is, i don't get it.

EDIT i mean, i don't get these videos. I have missed everything, and will keep missing everything most likely. An utterly incomprehensible world to me. Seriously, the only Halo videos i've ever watches are Red Vs Blue, i think.

VinFTW

Was Warlock even a good competitive map? It just seems so... boring... 4 similar platforms and something in the middle. I mean, it was a great map but one of 6? Pft...

I really wanted something awesome like Beaver Creek, Ivory Tower, or something bigger (Terminal, Relic, Containment, Waterworks, Headlong, etc).

Karl2177

Was Warlock even a good competitive map? It just seems so... boring... 4 similar platforms and something in the middle. I mean, it was a great map but one of 6? Pft...

I really wanted something awesome like Beaver Creek, Ivory Tower, or something bigger (Terminal, Relic, Containment, Waterworks, Headlong, etc).

Warlock was probably one of the best competitive maps. There was almost always action and the strategies for MLG 2 Flag were easy to learn, difficult to master. Although Warlock wouldn't be my first choice from Halo 2's maps, I'm still fine with it.

VinFTW

Warlock was probably one of the best competitive maps. There was almost always action and the strategies for MLG 2 Flag were easy to learn, difficult to master. Although Warlock wouldn't be my first choice from Halo 2's maps, I'm still fine with it.

Well.. I mean I guess that's good. If it will help bring the competitive scene back with some awesome CTF/Slayer matches I guess its better than some casual BTB map. Although I think we needed another one :(

So is this real?

Great I can relive my online celebrity shame match with Aussie pro Cabel from Halo 2 on Warlock, first time playing a pro...10 vs 3 kills to him. Twat settings he had setup for Carbine spawns and starting weapons as autos.
RIGGED!
It was like getting spawn killed on Zanzibar wall in a 1v1 match.

still salty at that custom game setup all these years later.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
They are probably focusing on the small, arena-style maps in order to bring back the good old Halo competitive multi.

At least that's the delusion I'm keeping in my mind.
please be true 343, you're my only hope

antigoon

Oh SHIT Warlock. What a great map.

I always played SO poorly on it, but man it was good. Really liked the art direction of that one back in the day as well.

Top Bottom