• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

TheOddOne

Meant to post about this yesterday. I very much doubt that Halo 4's MP design decisions can be attributed solely to Kevin. The decisions themselves seem like they were made by a committee of people who likely thought they were improving Halo MP and were gonna catch the elusive Call of Duty gamer. And considering the property they're working on, I very much doubt any single lead has direct control over any single aspect of the game. I'm sure there are plenty of meetings with peers and leadership before sweeping changes are approved.

Hey man, I just post gifs

E: If he was MP Lead or whatever most -if not all- of the changes had to be discussed and accepted by him so it's just easier to blame him and stuff
Hey, maybe that means somebody else got promoted to Lead Multiplayer Designer
kttcolileon

TTUVAPOR

Banned
so what do you say about h2a than, is the whole package a failure now?

I'll say what I said in my previous post, if all of the games in MCC are not 60fps 1080p...then what is the point? We were told during E3 that this collection will contain all of the games, including H2A at glorious crisp 60fps and 1080p with dedicated servers. If any of that becomes false at launch time...it will be a huge letdown to the community.

igYmZ9L.jpg

I'll say what I said in my previous post, if all of the games in MCC are not 60fps 1080p...then what is the point? We were told during E3 that this collection will contain all of the games, including H2A at glorious crisp 60fps and 1080p with dedicated servers. If any of that becomes false at launch time...it will be a huge letdown to the community.

igYmZ9L.jpg
"pre-order canceled"

Omni

Probably been covered in this conversation, but MCC Forge has terrain-less skybox only maps. So you can make the massive completely flat map with one crate for cover I have been dreaming of.
Why the focus on giving small maps the anniversary treatment if you're giving us the tools to recreate... small maps?

It's hard to make a large map like Waterworks or Relic or whatever because Forge just isn't advanced enough. Well. It's damn right impossible to do well, anyway. But you can forge something like Sanctuary with relative ease. And yet we're not getting Waterworks or Relic. We're getting Sanctuary. Or Warlock.

blaah. It seems backwards to me.

igYmZ9L.jpg
Okay cool.

HTupolev

igYmZ9L.jpg
"Xbox One visual fidelity" is one of my favourite Microsoft marketing lines so far this generation. Sits right up there with "beta tested in the future."

Probably been covered in this conversation, but MCC Forge has terrain-less skybox only maps. So you can make the massive completely flat map with one crate for cover I have been dreaming of.

So, to be clear, there isn't even a flat terrain? You're just kinda floating on nothing?

Seems weird, unless the 'skybox' covers all directions.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Why are people panicking about the MCC not reaching 60 FPS / 1080p? Is there some reason to think it's not going to happen?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
The Halo community is used to being let down
lol, yeah

Playlist management is still my biggest worry. Other than that, I have pretty minor concerns. Hit markers, grenade indicators, boring medals, etc.

VinFTW

lol, yeah

Playlist management is still my biggest worry. Other than that, I have pretty minor concerns. Hit markers, grenade indicators, boring medals, etc.

Same, the 60FPS will be there for every title in MCC and Halo 5. 1080p might not happen for H2A campaign (not MP) and Halo 5 BETA, IMO.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Same, the 60FPS will be there for every title in MCC and Halo 5. 1080p might not happen for H2A campaign (not MP) and Halo 5 BETA, IMO.

I couldn't care less about the campaign having the 1080p 60fps, as long as MP has it across the board, I'll be a happy gamer.

Hey buddies, ol' pals, some of us read those comics and would like to be exposed to them in full for the first time. Why do you people post scans of the comics all the time ;'[

Makes me want to wait for price drops or not even pay for them at all with how often you guys discuss/post spoilers all willy nilly lol.

Why the focus on giving small maps the anniversary treatment if you're giving us the tools to recreate... small maps?

It's hard to make a large map like Waterworks or Relic or whatever because Forge just isn't advanced enough. Well. It's damn right impossible to do well, anyway. But you can forge something like Sanctuary with relative ease. And yet we're not getting Waterworks or Relic. We're getting Sanctuary. Or Warlock.

blaah. It seems backwards to me.
Because your map list should match your matchmaking plans. There will be more lists and more players on a smaller set of maps (4v4) than larger maps (8v8). You should have your set of maps fall in line with that.

Forge is also not an adequate tool for making maps (it's an editor, twisted into a map creator by the community because that's what they had to work with).

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Weird. with Reach, sometimes I spawn in with no armor ability and I don't notice until like 4 minutes into the match
That'd happen sometimes after going to black screen.

Also: I really miss Reach. Someone mentioned CEA only having six multiplayer maps and my mind was blown when I realized that was accurate. I got so much fun out of those six maps alone.

Jesus fuck these comics

The Scattershot... "scatter" is in the name
lol

Because your map list should match your matchmaking plans. There will be more lists and more players on a smaller set of maps (4v4) than larger maps (8v8). You should have your set of maps fall in line with that.

Forge is also not an adequate tool for making maps (it's an editor, twisted into a map creator by the community because that's what they had to work with).
should have been colossus

Ramirez

Warlock is so disappointing, even I could remake that in Forge. RIP Turf, Terminal, Relic, and any other interesting remake. :/

matthieuC

I know I'm in the minority, but I'd honestly be cool with 900p.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

igYmZ9L.jpg

All of the game components with the possible exception of Campaign on H2 A MCC (thanks to the switch for classic mode) will be 1080p, 60fps. We have never said anything other than that and I have personally clarified it in almost every single interview (including AT e3) I have ever done, as folks who follow this stuff are aware.

So please don't try to create a controversy based on a misinterpretation that has been clarified a hundred times. I shan't stand for it!

And to clarify on the bolded, the point is to create an awesome value proposition, and get some legendary games on a single hardware platform at vastly improved fidelity.

I couldn't care less about the campaign having the 1080p 60fps, as long as MP has it across the board, I'll be a happy gamer.

All of the MP components, including the H2A new mode, are 1080p, 60fps.

So, to be clear, there isn't even a flat terrain? You're just kinda floating on nothing?

Seems weird, unless the 'skybox' covers all directions.

Of course there's a floor. Just a big flat one. Point being you don't have to work with pre-baked geology/geometry.

jem0208

All of the game components with the possible exception of Campaign on H2 A MCC (thanks to the switch for classic mode) will be 1080p, 60fps. We have never said anything other than that and I have personally clarified it in almost every single interview (including AT e3) I have ever done, as folks who follow this stuff are aware.

So please don't try to create a controversy based on a misinterpretation that has been clarified a hundred times. I shan't stand for it!

And to clarify on the bolded, the point is to create an awesome value proposition, and get some legendary games on a single hardware platform at vastly improved fidelity.

Of course there's a floor. Just a big flat one. Point being you don't have to work with pre-baked geology/geometry.

How close are you to hitting 1080p?

FyreWulff

I'll dig this up again:

It's probably something like this, the maximum size being limited by the Forge storage format (can't store objects past certain coords anyway), just with nothing there in the first place.

jelly

The PC port will be native 1080p 60fps and 4K across the board.

What about Halo CE Anniversary on Xbox One?

Top Bottom