• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Say what you will about Riot (and there's a lot of shitty stuff to say about them) but their dedication to competitive play is straight up unmatched.
Oh yeah they've held multiple big money tournaments, but their community is by far more toxic than other RTS/mobas. Pot splitting is pretty common.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I play PvP a lot, mostly on 360 but I could play with you on the One whenever.

Killing with the Fusion Rifle feels so good.
Yeah, I'm down! I'll be playing 3v3 a few days a week for a few hours per day up until MCC comes out.

What i'd like to see again are the BTB CTF games that last forever from Combat Evolved. No timer. So much fun running around without a care in the world. Guessing 343 will implement a timer on games, but I miss that action.
Custom games should make it possible no matter what. :)

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Oh I thought you were referring to 343 creating their own esports league lol

Yeah they could do a playlist like that.

I would like to see the return of clan matches. Those were the hay-days of Halo 2. When I was in college, my buddies and I formed a clan and just played weekend after weekend of all nighters of clan match Halo 2. It was the most fun I had in gaming.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
There's a difference between having a lot of money and being dumb with the money you have.

LOL! True.

I have very limited funds and only the weekends to game due to full-time 50+ hour a week job. Real life sucks.

On a second note, I can't wait for MCC. I wish it was an October release date, it's sad, I haven't played a console FPS in almost six months. I stopped playing BF4, Titanfall, and Halo 4. There isn't a shooter worth a damn on the console right now.

Sephzilla

Unofficial report of Zanzibar remake in H2A being named as Stone Island or Stone tower from a player report at Euro Gamer. Hoping for some Halo 1 information soooon....

http://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/2hg7m9/i_got_to_play_mcc_today_at_euro_gamer/

-The aiming felt very weird. This could be because it was my first experience on an xbox one, but either the controller didnt work properly (seemed very clunky/slow turn) or the aim acceleration is very similar to that of Halo 3, just clunky all round. The aiming sensitivity seems to have changed alot, I usually hover around a 3/4 in previous Halos, but I had to go to 6 in H2A! I also couldnt find Bumper Jumper, but that was probably because I was hurrying. A slightly annoying thing with the menu is that it takes an age to go > Pause > change option > back to game.

Who plays on such a low sensitivity in the first place?

Sephzilla

... isn't 3 the default?

So most people?

It's the default setting so I'm assuming the majority do. There are even quite a lot of seasoned players that still use a sensitivity of 3 or 4.

humf_zps3d61fed8.gif

I need at least 6 or 7 sensitive, guess I'm just different.

Pfhunkie

I need at least 6 or 7 sensitive, guess I'm just different.
You're a special butterfly of perfection and your preference in sensitivity is clearly too good for the low sensitivity scum to comprehend.

That being said, I stick with about the same sensitivity and bumper jumper for most Halo games. Different people have different settings they're most comfortable with and they've been able to play great competitively with them. To each their own.

Custom games should make it possible no matter what. :)
i hope for a glorious return of halogaf customs. I really didn't participate in them much in the past, but i hope to do so more with the master chief collection. gonna be a trip switching between 4
i mean 3 ;)
different games in one session.

Madness

Just paid off the Sunset Bundle at the Microsoft Store. They gave me $100 for my old Elite 120gb model towards it as well, so it only came to $299+tax.

I usually keep my console and games at the end of a gen, which is why I still have every console from the NES days. Now I just need to quickly finish my Xbox 360 backlog, and then pack away my slim.

Anyone know what the pre-order bonuses for MCC are, especially in Canada? Microsoft Store had the game for $59 +$10 store gift card, no mention of skulls.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Welcome to the XB1 fold, Madness and Zoojoo. Dong in Destiny with me ASAP.

you forgot the /s at the end
I'm not sure what you're getting at. The patch sounds pretty fantastic, especially the rebalancing stuff and adding opt-in voice chat.

Madness

I'm not sure what you're getting at. The patch sounds pretty fantastic, especially the rebalancing stuff and adding opt-in voice chat.

I put the trade in towards the Sunset bundle and paid it off so I gotta wait now till release on Oct 28th before I can play.

the patch for the cave is not needed. its only done because babbies were bitching about it on the forums.

and im glad the scout rifles are getting buffed.

Ramirez

RIP materials for your legendary gear

Given the rarity of those materials prior to this event, it was pretty obvious it wasn't intended. My theory is that the missions weren't even supposed to drop a guaranteed legendary, and the quickest fix they had was to remove the materials.

But (and not to put too fine a point on it), none of that stuff is included in the patch. It's just no cave, reduced drops after dying, no shards for dismantling queen's gear.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
But (and not to put too fine a point on it), none of that stuff is included in the patch. It's just no cave, reduced drops after dying, no shards for dismantling queen's gear.
Yeah, that's true. Who knows when most of that stuff will be implemented.

Top Bottom