• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

VinFTW

Their's always a excuse not to study.

superman_drinking.gif

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Ugh, get that default theme out of here.

#TeamDarkTheme

Same. Really looking forward to the new aesthetic of the remake. We've seen Blood Gulch in some interesting variations, I'm excited to see it this time around.

It's definitely cool, but I'd describe it as a traditional take, rather than a crazy deviation.

Omni

Random question. When you record the last 5 minutes of a game with the Xbox DVR, how long should that take to complete? I feel like I've sat here for 30 minutes for it to "capture".

willow ve

So at a LAN party a few weeks back we played Halo CE and Halo 3. Didn't realize until Halo 3 that I seriously hate rumble on a controller. Don't even remember the last time I had it activated on my profile. I mean seriously - the entire controller buzzes every time you shoot the BR.

Got me thinking - how many people here use rumble when gaming?

----

Sidenote - some of the dudebros at the LAN were very deep into the MLG/Pro scene back when Halo CE was big. They brought some gear (including OG Xbox and OG Xbox controllers) as well as some Samsung TXRs. Apparently back when they hosted a LAN for MLG players and had them sign the top of the TVs - signatures from Ghostayame, Pistola, Cpt. Anarchy, Shockwave, Scrubtwista, and a whole list of other players that were either faded or I didn't recognize. Good times.

VinFTW

So at a LAN party a few weeks back we played Halo CE and Halo 3. Didn't realize until Halo 3 that I seriously hate rumble on a controller. Don't even remember the last time I had it activated on my profile. I mean seriously - the entire controller buzzes every time you shoot the BR.

Got me thinking - how many people here use rumble when gaming?

----

Sidenote - some of the dudebros at the LAN were very deep into the MLG/Pro scene back when Halo CE was big. They brought some gear (including OG Xbox and OG Xbox controllers) as well as some Samsung TXRs. Apparently back when they hosted a LAN for MLG players and had them sign the top of the TVs - signatures from Ghostayame, Pistola, Cpt. Anarchy, Shockwave, Scrubtwista, and a whole list of other players that were either faded or I didn't recognize. Good times.

Can't play without rumble.

Random question. When you record the last 5 minutes of a game with the Xbox DVR, how long should that take to complete? I feel like I've sat here for 30 minutes for it to "capture".

It varies for me. Sometimes it takes a few seconds, other times it takes minutes. Kind of annoying but oh well.

Even my wife is eagerly awaiting the return of Jeff Steitzer's booming voice invading our living room again, after having to listen to the drab librarian-esque voice of the Destiny announcer.

11/11/14 can't come soon enough.

Ramirez

Even my wife is eagerly awaiting the return of Jeff Steitzer's booming voice invading our living room again, after having to listen to the drab librarian-esque voice of the Destiny announcer.

11/11/14 can't come soon enough.

Halo 4 echo chamber Steitzer, that ever confirmed to be placeholder?

Overdoziz

Banned
blood gulch, coagulation and hemorrhage are shit
empty, wide open maps with impenetrable bases that spawn shotguns right next to them

Woorloog

Banned
blood gulch, coagulation and hemorrhage are shit
empty, wide open maps with impenetrable bases that spawn shotguns right next to it

Not to mention the damn snipers. On an open map. Though i guess they're less of an issue. EDIT Though when combined with the active camo in Reach... hell, the Reach version is terrible even without it, that damn DMR on the map... ugh.

Re: binomial nomenclature, my favorite one so far (that I've made up) is Neminemest Antitheus Nonacirculum. "There is no one devil in the ninth circle."

Sephzilla

unless its the other team who spawned in the BOWL OF HELL, then you can just shit on em with your snipers and rockets launchers and BRs from on high with your feet up

I think that's why i didn't like it, in a sense. matches on that map always felt really one-sided to me.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Frankie, cancel Halo 5 and post random music videos here full time.

If you guys want some quick and dirty sci-fi reading material, I wrote up a (small) piece as an exercise in establishing the foundations of my project. boop

Nebula

Anyone on Xbone having issues with Party Chat?

I can't hear my brother on it every now and then and sometimes it decides I'm not allowed to hear anyone in the party. Been doing this to me and a few others as well even when I'm not present.

:( I just want to communicate.

Omni

Anyone on Xbone having issues with Party Chat?

I can't hear my brother on it every now and then and sometimes it decides I'm not allowed to hear anyone in the party. Been doing this to me and a few others as well even when I'm not present.

:( I just want to communicate.
Yeah, it's been like that for a while apparently. I only have problems with it in Destiny for some reason

Had to complete the raid the other night without even being able to speak to each other. Made for an interesting experience

Nebula

Yeah, it's been like that for a while apparently. I only have problems with it in Destiny for some reason

Had to complete the raid the other night without even being able to speak to each other. Made for an interesting experience

Just tried Vault Of Glass like it at level 30. Hope they fix it soon.

Top Bottom