• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

My biggest concern with MCC now is playlists and playlist management. How does matchmaking work what playlists does 344 have in mind? Dedicated single game only playlists, shared playlists ie. (unified SWAT) etc. With only 6 maps, how can H2A sustain itself, or will it be rolled into H4?

The only H2A stuff you have to worry about is how little there is for BTB, as for 4v4 and smaller there are plenty of maps AND a great update to forge.

If it helps in the coming month plan:

Let me put my Tashi cap on for a second

Q: How is the netcode for Halo: Combat Evolved?

Just great! We played online vs other guys in the office, zero lag.

Q: What are the launch playlists set to be for the entire Collection?

Playlists are still be tuned right up until launch, you'll know the same time we do!

Q: When are you going to be talking about Customization?

All the custom options available in the previous Halo games will be available in this collection, with the exception of the Hayabusa armor for copyright reasons.

Q: When are we going to see the final map?

Warlock was already shown in a leaked image

Q: Where's the Coagulation gameplay?

Imagining wandering around a giant bowl of nothing, then suddenly you get shot by a sniper and you couldn't defend yourself. Then you finally reach your destination after walking across the map for about ten hours, and get killed by a crouching shotgun guy camping in the base.

Q: What is that Leaderboards option in-game going to be used for?

That was an error on our part, there will be no Leaderboard support presently at this time.

Q: When are you going to be revealing the full achievement list for Halo: The Master Chief Collection?

The full achievement list for the MCC will be leaked shortly.

Q: What control schemes will be available in the collection?

All the control schemes available in the previous Halo games will be available in this collection.

Q: Will you be using the xbox or pc version of Halo 1 in the master chief collection or a mixture of both?

There with a mix of "classic" and PC edition elements for Halo 1's MCC debut.

Q: How will you be handling the 180 glitch in halo 1?

All the glitches available in the previous Halo games will be available in this collection.

Q: Will we be able to make our own campaign playlists?

You can imagine making your own campaign playlists. Open a word document of all the levels and just play them with you friends in that order.

Q: Will there be some sort of shuffle option in campaign missions to where we can play, for example, X amount of just random missions?

No shuffle option is planned for the Master Chief Collection at this time. In the meantime, simply move your analog stick up and down through all available missions and have your friends yell "STOP!" to get the same effect.

Q: Is there a Social Ranking System like Halo 3, Reach and 4 had?

There will be ranked and unranked variants in the Master Chief Collection.

Q. Will there be a player counter for each game?

Some games will be 4v4, 8v8, 2v2v2v2, or FFA. Before the game begins, the UI will inform players how many are in the match.

Q. Where is the Halo 1,2,3 even 4 gameplay?

All the Halo gameplay, even 4, available in the previous Halo games will be available in this collection. Alternately, search for "Halo 1/2/3/even 4" in YouTube to find tens of thousands of gameplay videos.

matthieuC

With only 6 maps, how can H2A sustain itself, or will it be rolled into H4?
Yes, this is a concern I've been thinking about as well. Like how will H2A BTB work with only 2 maps? Actually, now that you mention Halo 4, I wonder if they can just throw in a few H4 maps into H2A later down the road? I mean they are fairly identical to the remastered maps, graphically. I'd be totally fine if 343 put Haven into an H2A slayer playlist later down the road when maps get old. That map will probably play great with H2A settings. Hell, most Halo 4 maps would likely play fine with good settings.

I just remembered that 343i made the pit in Halo 4. It would be awesome if they just added that in there, too.

Mix

I'm pretty happy just to finally see the game.

On a Destiny related note, my little brother came over and brought his tv and xbox so we could play Destiny together.
Looks pretty cool.
By-Pfe-CYAAHFYZ.jpg

Madness

The only H2A stuff you have to worry about is how little there is for BTB, as for 4v4 and smaller there are plenty of maps AND a great update to forge.

I wouldn't necessarily say it's plenty. I mean we have Ascension, Sanctuary, Lockout and Warlock for 4v4 or less and Zanzibar(most likely will be used for team slayer as well) or Coagulation for BTB etc.

We don't know how forge will be, let alone if user created maps will even make it into matchmaking. I can see getting bored with the low number of maps after a month or two, especially once the beta ends.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
CE Anniversary only had six maps and I played the hell out of it. I'd like to get more, but I'll be happy with six.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Let me put my Tashi cap on for a second

Q: How is the netcode for Halo: Combat Evolved?

Just great! We played online vs other guys in the office, zero lag.

Q: What are the launch playlists set to be for the entire Collection?

Playlists are still be tuned right up until launch, you'll know the same time we do!

Q: When are you going to be talking about Customization?

All the custom options available in the previous Halo games will be available in this collection, with the exception of the Hayabusa armor for copyright reasons.

Q: When are we going to see the final map?

Warlock was already shown in a leaked image

Q: Where's the Coagulation gameplay?

Imagining wandering around a giant bowl of nothing, then suddenly you get shot by a sniper and you couldn't defend yourself. Then you finally reach your destination after walking across the map for about ten hours, and get killed by a crouching shotgun guy camping in the base.

Q: What is that Leaderboards option in-game going to be used for?

That was an error on our part, there will be no Leaderboard support presently at this time.

Q: When are you going to be revealing the full achievement list for Halo: The Master Chief Collection?

The full achievement list for the MCC will be leaked shortly.

Q: What control schemes will be available in the collection?

All the control schemes available in the previous Halo games will be available in this collection.

Q: Will you be using the xbox or pc version of Halo 1 in the master chief collection or a mixture of both?

There with a mix of "classic" and PC edition elements for Halo 1's MCC debut.

Q: How will you be handling the 180 glitch in halo 1?

All the glitches available in the previous Halo games will be available in this collection.

Q: Will we be able to make our own campaign playlists?

You can imagine making your own campaign playlists. Open a word document of all the levels and just play them with you friends in that order.

Q: Will there be some sort of shuffle option in campaign missions to where we can play, for example, X amount of just random missions?

No shuffle option is planned for the Master Chief Collection at this time. In the meantime, simply move your analog stick up and down through all available missions and have your friends yell "STOP!" to get the same effect.

Q: Is there a Social Ranking System like Halo 3, Reach and 4 had?

There will be ranked and unranked variants in the Master Chief Collection.

Q. Will there be a player counter for each game?

Some games will be 4v4, 8v8, 2v2v2v2, or FFA. Before the game begins, the UI will inform players how many are in the match.

Q. Where is the Halo 1,2,3 even 4 gameplay?

All the Halo gameplay, even 4, available in the previous Halo games will be available in this collection. Alternately, search for "Halo 1/2/3/even 4" in YouTube to find tens of thousands of gameplay videos.

Would hire.

Madness

CE Anniversary only had six maps and I played the hell out of it. I'd like to get more, but I'll be happy with six.

Yes, but you're getting 4 separate multi-player games here, each with every map ever released and they're just a few button presses away. I mean Halo 3 will have all 24 maps available, plus forge. Will six be enough for just H2A, especially in the long run?

Yes, but you're getting 4 separate multi-player games here, each with every map ever released and they're just a few button presses away. I mean Halo 3 will have all 24 maps available, plus forge. Will six be enough for just H2A, especially in the long run?

Probably, especially since most will be playing multiple games one after another.

Madness

Probably, especially since most will be playing multiple games one after another.

Sorry if I still can't get across what I'm trying to say so bear with me. My initial post/point was wondering how the playlists work. Because if H2A has its own playlist, with only 6 maps, I don't think it would be populated much in the long term, in my opinion. Taking into account ranks, trueskill and matchmaking. With only say 4-5 maps for 4v4 or less, and 1-2 maps for BTB.

While the unified menu is great having everything be button presses away, I don't think people will switch back to back to back as easily. Even with unified control schemes, the games play very differently. So if you've been playing Halo 3 team slayer or big team all day, will be very hard to jump into Halo 4 infinity slayer (not that you would). I have a feeling you'll just eventually have fewer and fewer players staying exclusively in the playlist because there isn't enough variety in maps.

In my mind, I'm imagining it very much like DLC only playlists which while having dedicated players, are a fraction of the rest of the game and it gets tougher at times matching up with similar skill players etc. Sorry if it's still confusing. Hopefully they're making playlist management a top priority. If done well, you could see the games maintain decent numbers probably till the end of the Xbox One lifespan.

Does anyone know if Halo 4 will have a no sprint/loadouts variant for playlists that transcend games so that there is more consistency between them?

FyreWulff

Well, I tried to match that shot in Halo PC CE

Then I couldn't get it to write screenshots

Then I couldn't figure out how to get OBS to show the game 1:1 in it's preview screen

then the console commands stop working when I attempt to run it in Administrator so that it'd get permission to write to it's own folder

so here you go, an accidentally supersampled below actual res shot from a stock Halo CE install

9mrZlq1.png

Gti3239.png

it's been a long day, fuck it

Well, I tried to match that shot in Halo PC CE

Then I couldn't get it to write screenshots

Then I couldn't figure out how to get OBS to show the game 1:1 in it's preview screen

then the console commands stop working when I attempt to run it in Administrator so that it'd get permission to write to it's own folder

so here you go, an accidentally supersampled below actual res shot from a stock Halo CE install

9mrZlq1.png

Gti3239.png

it's been a long day, fuck it

I thought the armor looked different, so they mess up the reflection?

Captain Friendo

Neo Member
Just played games on ascension, lockout and sanctuary at the EB expo and had a blast.
Also saw the entirety of the opening cutscene to Delta Halo on a build apparently brand new for the expo. Absolutely amazing, lost for words. The fact that there's an hour of these cutscenes is mind boggling.

I feel like Miranda Keyes looks better now, but at the same time they may not have changed anything.

I can't wait for the bulletin that will have more info on this babe.
What's crazy about the Halo 5 beta is that it's preceded by a super awesome collection of games. Normally, we wait and wait and wait to play a beta and then that's it. This time, we could play Halo non-stop until the beta and then continue where we left off after the beta. Super nice pacing imo.

Mix

What's crazy about the Halo 5 beta is that it's preceded by a super awesome collection of games. Normally, we wait and wait and wait to play a beta and then that's it. This time, we could play Halo non-stop until the beta and then continue where we left off after the beta. Super nice pacing imo.
Totally agree. This is the best thing to happen to Halo in a long time.

Totally agree. This is the best thing to happen to Halo in a long time.
Absolutely.
Ugh, get that default theme out of here.

#TeamDarkTheme
Team Dark Theme reporting for duty! I forgot to join in on the dark theme praise. Now any time I view a site with a white background my eyes hurt. Doesn't help that I have a galaxy of floaters in my eyes... Ugh. Anytime I go into a big store with a gridded light network it's like I'm tripping on drugs or something with all the blurry movement in my vision. Most people, you included, probably don't know what I'm talking about :) Just trust me when I say it's awful. Affects my reading a lot of the time too.

-Ryn

Banned
It'll be especially nice on that pearlescent white Xbone.

Bulletin hype divided by crushing disappointment equals OT17.
I can see your tears.

Mix

Absolutely.

Team Dark Theme reporting for duty! I forgot to join in on the dark theme praise. Now any time I view a site with a white background my eyes hurt. Doesn't help that I have a galaxy of floaters in my eyes... Ugh. Anytime I go into a big store with a gridded light network it's like I'm tripping on drugs or something with all the blurry movement in my vision. Most people, you included, probably don't know what I'm talking about :) Just trust me when I say it's awful. Affects my reading a lot of the time too.

Nah, man, I get it. My step mom has the same problem. Her eye doctor gave me these nonprescription contacts to put in once to replicate the effects of what she has going on and I gotta say it sucks.

Seeing as how MCC releases next month, looks like it's time for me to start the "no Spartan Laser in Halo 3" campaign.

343, PLEASE replace Spartan Laser with rockets in matchmade Halo 3.

Mistel

Banned
Seeing as how MCC releases next month, looks like it's time for me to start the "no Spartan Laser in Halo 3" campaign.

343, PLEASE replace Spartan Laser with rockets in matchmake Halo 3.
Wouldn't that affect the maps it's on a fair bit? Plus what Nowise said.

How did I never hear this on my Dad's cassette tapes?
lmfao you're the man, man
baby
Spartan Laser shut down vehicle combat in Halo 3. Maps played much better with rockets.

Sorry, Elzar, but it's gotta go.
I loved the fights over the SpLaser; it kept players and vehicular slaughters in check. If you were fortunate enough to control the Laser and the Warthog on a map like Standoff, then gg. Not impossible to come back, but it's pretty difficult lol.

Controlling the Laser was one of the few ways to maintain a legit lockdown on a team in Halo 3.

dwells

Please tell me there was something wrong with the build those Halo 1 screenshots were gathered from. It looks terrible; jaggies everywhere and then some sort of muddy blur filter all over the entire image. Doesn't even look like native 1080p and looks more like a poorly upscaled image.

I'm going to be seriously disappointed if that's what the game actually looks like. There's no excuse for the game looking drastically, drastically worse than Halo PC running on a several year old PC:

Please tell me there was something wrong with the build those Halo 1 screenshots were gathered from. It looks terrible; jaggies everywhere and then some sort of muddy blur filter all over the entire image. Doesn't even look like native 1080p and looks more like a poorly upscaled image.

I'm going to be seriously disappointed if that's what the game actually looks like. There's no excuse for the game looking drastically, drastically worse than Halo PC running on a several year old PC:

I think you need to look up the definition of the word 'terrible.' It looks fine.

Booties

Banned
The laser was the greatest weapon addition in the halo franchise. Pro pipe second. Shut down combat? Words of a scrub who can't rush top mid valhalla. If anything, getting the laser was a great way to set up a good warthog/banshee run. Get better and stop whining.

Lock on Rocket or Plasma Launcher > Spartan Laser

Yeah. We had the missile launcher and rockets in Halo 3 already. Both weapons are a lot more fair: the missile launcher you can avoid if you drive/fly well, and the rockets you have to be within a certain range.

Both much better, balanced power weapons.

The laser was the greatest weapon addition in the halo franchise. Pro pipe second. Shut down combat? Words of a scrub who can't rush top mid valhalla. If anything, getting the laser was a great way to set up a good warthog/banshee run. Get better and stop whining.
Nerd, controlling the Laser in Halo 3 meant gg to the other team. What the shit you think you gonna do against my badass, scaryass, red dotass Laser? Pepper me with your shitty BR? Now if the CE Pistol was what we spawn with in a sandbox that had the Laser........ people wouldn't be BITCHIN

gitrekt

EDIT:
And Propipe needs to return.
Best one since Goldeneye.

Top Bottom