• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Senior Producer-Microsoft Studios-343 Industries-Halo (874585) Job

Date: Jun 29, 2014

Job Category: Software Engineering: Program Management
Job ID: 874585-139365
Division: Devices and Studios Engineering

343 Industries is looking for a Senior Producer to help develop a new project line in the Halo universe. This is your chance to work on one of the most exciting and creative intellectual properties in the industry with one of the industry’s most talented teams.

As a Publishing Senior Producer, you are core to aiding the productivity of your development partner and ensure you remove any roadblocks for them whilst driving forward and representing the project’s needs internally. The ideal candidate will be able to gracefully shift between different teams (internal and external) aiding them were necessary and contributing to overall smooth running of the project/projects.

Already submitted my resume and application. Come on HaloGAF, let's all apply and save Halo.

I mean, Microsoft already hired Tashi, might as well hire Juices and me.

II SHABUTIE II

Neo Member
What? By the time you got to 20ish in H2, pretty much everybody was using BXR/BXB at the very least, though not many were good at doubleshots at that point (and there were plenty of pros that never really incorporated doubleshots into their game at any point).

And there's really not much to "master" with BXR/BXB or grenade reloads. They're really simple and easy.

First of all, you're very much exaggerating. Maybe one person out of like 5 games would be BXB'ing or BxR'ing in the 20's. Regardless, it only takes 1 BxR/BxB in a game to realize that someone on the other team is trying to use it. It's very easy to avoid for the rest of the game and in a way kinda gives you an advantage. Secondly, I never said all pros use button combos. Their are some that just plain out, don't like using them. Their were also level 40+ that never used them. It's all about preference... You don't have to know button combos to be good at Halo 2. You can be good and beat good button combo kids without BXR's and double shots.

-Ryn

Banned
Already submitted my resume and application. Come on HaloGAF, let's all apply and save Halo.

If you actually had the ability to decide what the next Halo game would be like what would you do? Changes? Additions? Genuinely asking.

GoDs DeMoNaToR

Neo Member
I played Halo 2 but not competitively like I would now. I never used any of the button glitches. However, I do now plan to learn them. Who knows if I'll actually use them.

They said you will be able to choose a single default controller scheme to use across the MCC.

To me, I honestly prefer Bumper Jumper tenfold to any other button layout.

So my question is, won't it be presumably easier to BxR, BxB, etc. if your melee was on the right bumper and reload on either the A or B button assuming bumper jumper will be available in Halo 2?

willow ve

I never really played much Halo 2 online for various reasons. I will say this time around I will actively pursue button combos even though I don't think they belong in the game.

Just rewatched the Crackdown trailer and there is what looks to be a COG helmet in a display case when they introduce the bad guy.
9gvPK0j.png

the IG guys didnt put the shitty MSpaint stuff on screen. It was I
Dio

Just rewatched the Crackdown trailer and there is what looks to be a COG helmet in a display case when they introduce the bad guy.

Dio
There was a gears of war poster also spotted in the phantom dust trailer along with the 2 halo wars posters.

This I'd definitely bite if based Phil does next time at E3: "Halo Wars 60fps & 1080p + Halo Wars 2 + Free DL code for Halo: Spartan Assault" collection.

There was a gears of war poster also spotted in the phantom dust trailer along with the 2 halo wars posters.

This I'd definitely bite if based Phil does next time at E3: "Halo Wars 60fps & 1080p + Halo Wars 2 + Free DL code for Halo: Spartan Assault" collection.

they also flashed the Gears name and a Crimson Omen during that montage at the end of the conference

they also flashed the Gears name and a Crimson Omen during that montage at the end of the conference
Are you telling me that Microsoft is planning to make an a new installment in a multimillion selling franchise they spent millions buying the rights too?

What the fuck. Next you'll be telling me well see more Halo titles after Halo 5: Guardians.

Gears for 2016 is a given since Microsoft bought the rights and gave the studio to Black Tusk

Are you telling me that Microsoft is planning to make an a new installment in a multimillion selling franchise they spent millions buying the rights too?

What the fuck. Next you'll be telling me well see more Halo titles after Halo 5: Guardians.

Gears for 2016 is a given since Microsoft bought the rights and gave the studio to Black Tusk

Speedy i swear to my multiple gods...Dont get snippy child.

Gears was only 4 months into Production at E3 so maybe as a christmas 2016 or early 2017.

and the crimson omen was on the screen for literally like 1.5 seconds. hop off the sarcastic shill-train and sit down.

also they bought the IP and made Black Tusk the studioin charge of the IP, before that; black tusk was working on some new IP that wasnt gears.

Kampfheld

Banned
How long have you been a member of NeoGAF? How long have you lurked?

I'm new. Lurked for a few months,

How old are you? What country or state are you posting from?
26. Germany.

How long have you been a Halo fan? Have you played all the games?

Played all games multiple times. Small fan since Halo CE, huge fan since Halo 2 multiplayer.

What mode do you spend most of your time in?
(i.e. Multiplayer, Campaign, Forge, Firefight, Theater)

Co-op and multiplayer.

What is your favorite playlist?
MLG & Big Team Battle.

AR or BR?
BR is obviously the better weapon, but somehow I really like the feel of the AR better.

Highest Halo 3 level and what playlist?
Phew. Dunno anymore. About 43 in TS.

Favorite Halo 2 map?
Lockout.

Favorite all-time Halo map?
Probably Blood Gulch. Or Lockout.

Personal stuff

My avatar shows that I'm in love with this franchise. It's the universe that is awesome for me. It's interesting, there are many cool stories I care for. I read all the books ofc.

In my freetime I sometimes create some small things. So far I created 3d assets for different developers and several games. Some big, some small. With some of my mates we are currently working on a small game destinated for XBO/PS4. In fact, currently we are only working on the XBO version due to some ... Lets say ... Disagreement with Sony.

I'm very excited for Halo: The Master Chief Collection. But to be honest, I'm even more excited for Halo 5, since I think 343 has some huge resources, so damn much potential and they will definitely learn from their mistakes. I think Halo 5 will be their first "real" game. Spartans never die.

Madness

I'm sure Frank and the HR/Hiring staff will get a kick out of a bunch of people from a video game forum applying for senior producer roles.

Dio

Honestly don't see it at all. Even with the yellow marks.

-Ryn

Banned

26. Germany.

Played all games multiple times. Small fan since Halo CE, huge fan since Halo 2 multiplayer.

Co-op and multiplayer.

MLG & Big Team Battle.

AR or BR?
BR is obviously the better weapon, but somehow I really like the feel of the AR better.

Favorite Halo 2 map?
Lockout.

Personal stuff

My avatar shows that I'm in love with this franchise. It's the universe that is awesome for me. It's interesting, there are many cool stories I care for. I read all the books ofc.

In my freetime I sometimes create some small things. So far I created 3d assets for different developers and several games. Some big, some small. With some of my mates we are currently working on a small game destinated for XBO/PS4. In fact, currently we are only working on the XBO version due to some ... Lets say ... Disagreement with Sony.

I'm very excited for Halo: The Master Chief Collection. But to be honest, I'm even more excited for Halo 5, since I think 343 has some huge resources, so damn much potential and they will definitely learn from their mistakes. I think Halo 5 will be their first "real" game. Spartans never die.
Welcome to HaloGaf dude.
It's a pretty happenin' place.

So what I kind of 3D assets did you guys make? I'm not super familiar with that kind of stuff but I understand most of it.

Babby please..

Kampfheld

Banned
Welcome to HaloGaf dude.
It's a pretty happenin' place.

So what I kind of 3D assets did you guys make? I'm not super familiar with that kind of stuff but I understand most of it.

Weapons. Cars. Trees. Stones. Pretty much everything - but no characters. I am bad at animations :D I'm good at modeling medieval, sci-fi or fantasy pieces. I need room for my own creativity.

Two dirty (and rather old xD) examples by me:

FyreWulff

As an aside, that must-have-shipped-games-before-you-can-work-on-games shit is always stupid, and one of the current problems with the industry. There's little to no training new blood in the "trade", you basically just swap employees back and forth, making it harder for new ideas and new blood to get get in the door.

People can be taught just about anything, so hiring for character holds much more weight than a piece of paper and some "flashy" experience IMO. Obviously depends on the position, but that's usually my philosophy behind new hires.

I'm sure many of us have witnessed people get hired in our workplaces because of an impressive resume, yet they just don't mesh well with others and/or their quality is not as strong as you were led to believe. Training a passionate and determined person with a great character is more effective than hiring to the T based on "requirements."

Rev3rb

As an aside, that must-have-shipped-games-before-you-can-work-on-games shit is always stupid, and one of the current problems with the industry. There's little to no training new blood in the "trade", you basically just swap employees back and forth, making it harder for new ideas and new blood to get get in the door.

Yeah, this sucks hard. Nearly every entry level software engineer application I've looked at requires 1-2 games shipped. Internships are the only entry path I've seen without it...

Yeah, this sucks hard. Nearly every entry level software engineer application I've looked at requires 1-2 games shipped. Internships are the only entry path I've seen without it...

So thats why everyone jump ship when they finish a game, go make another game in another company and repeat?

Enfinit

I agree. However, that begs the question - where do you even start? Everyone's got to start somewhere to ship those 1-2 games, so does that leave indie development or smaller titles? Would that get the attention of the bigger companies? What company is going to take a chance on someone who hasn't shipped a game? It all sounds kind of stupid.

Mix

26. Germany.

Co-op and multiplayer.

MLG & Big Team Battle.

AR or BR?

Favorite Halo 2 map?
Lockout.

Personal stuff

Hey, man, welcome to the best community on the internet

Yes, but that's hardly a problem limited to the game industry. When I got out of school, even "entry-level" positions wanted/required experience, which thoroughly fucked over anyone without internships or co-ops on their resume. Unfortunately for most industries, it's an employer's market so they'll find people regardless.

But for this position specifically, it makes sense to require experience since it looks like they'll be lots of management juggling of development projects. If you haven't even been part of a project, much less managed one, you'd almost be guaranteed to be super terrible at managing multiple ones at once.

willow ve

2015 is going to be the illest fucking year. The return of competitive Halo. If Halo 5 ends up being legit it might go on even longer. If not, at least we get one last victory lap.
Never thought I would miss Puckett and the "it's time for your MLG ESPN top ten Halo 3 plays"

26. Germany.

Co-op and multiplayer.

MLG & Big Team Battle.

AR or BR?

Favorite Halo 2 map?
Lockout.

Personal stuff

Welcome :D I'm sure you'll feel right at home

heckfu

Banned
Has anyone gotten their Halo community book yet? I know I donated some money but haven't seen anything in a couple years!

Signed,
Book Lover in Alabama

It's not just the games industry man. I tried to get an internship this summer and there were quite a few businesses that "required" 1 year experience. Like seriously? What the fuck? It's an internship, it's literally the bottom of any career path. That is supposed to be what gives me experience.

I just don't get it any more.

It's not just the games industry man. I tried to get an internship this summer and there were quite a few businesses that "required" 1 year experience. Like seriously? What the fuck? It's an internship, it's literally the bottom of any career path. That is supposed to be what gives me experience.

I just don't get it any more.
I'm sorry, we're only hiring experienced interns at the moment. Please bring me a Venti 1 pump caramel, 1 pump white mocha, 2 scoops vanilla bean powder, extra ice frappuchino with 2 shots poured over the top (apagotto style) with caramel drizzle under and on top of the whipped cream, double cupped coffee on your way out, kthnxbye

-Ryn

Banned
Weapons. Cars. Trees. Stones. Pretty much everything - but no characters. I am bad at animations :D I'm good at modeling medieval, sci-fi or fantasy pieces. I need room for my own creativity.

Two dirty (and rather old xD) examples by me:
Badass dude. I have some experience (barely any) with 3D modeling but most of my work is just hand drawn. So seeing people that know how to do it is really cool.

I'm sorry, we're only hiring experienced interns at the moment. Please bring me a Venti 1 pump caramel, 1 pump white mocha, 2 scoops vanilla bean powder, extra ice frappuchino with 2 shots poured over the top (apagotto style) with caramel drizzle under and on top of the whipped cream, double cupped coffee on your way out, kthnxbye
Would you like a little umbrella with that?
Perhaps a crazy straw?

i guess putting Starbucks or dunkin' donuts on your resume is pretty valuable these days.

I am still having trouble figuring out the venti is the big and the big is the small one.

This is pretty standard procedure at Gravity Gauntlet, except if you actually bring the drink back you get trapdoored into a cavern and have to fight a Tinman or an Ultramarine Acetic. If you slay them, you're hired.

defghik

First of all, you're very much exaggerating. Maybe one person out of like 5 games would be BXB'ing or BxR'ing in the 20's.
This is all just conjecture at this point, but I think you're wildly underestimating the percentage of people using them - it was much more like 80%, at least. Button combos (aside from the doubleshot) were very easy to use, and were simply a superior way to play in close range combat. There's no downside to them, only upside.

These glitches weren't used nearly as much in '05, but by early to mid '06, the vast majority of players even in the low 20s in MM were using them.

Regardless, it only takes 1 BxR/BxB in a game to realize that someone on the other team is trying to use it. It's very easy to avoid for the rest of the game and in a way kinda gives you an advantage.
I guess if you're willing to stop engaging in close range combat, then yeah, you'll avoid it. The better option is to just use them yourself.

Secondly, I never said all pros use button combos. Their are some that just plain out, don't like using them. Their were also level 40+ that never used them. It's all about preference... You don't have to know button combos to be good at Halo 2. You can be good and beat good button combo kids without BXR's and double shots.

My point about doubleshots wasn't in response to anything you said, it was just a seperate thought I had. However, quite literally every single pro used BXR/BXB or grenade reloads, and this is no exaggeration - there's no reason not to. Not using them is just willingly putting yourself at a disadvantage for no reason. My point in the last post was only about doubleshots, which are fairly difficult, and are risky, unlike BXR/BXB/grenade reloads.

Top Bottom