• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I still don't understand how these kinds of sites get readers anyway. They focus on a very specific thing, then straight up copy and paste articles from actual publications while contributing nothing of their own. Then when news gets slow, they search social media for basically anything then run it as fact.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I still don't understand how these kinds of sites get readers anyway. They focus on a very specific thing, then straight up copy and paste articles from actual publications while contributing nothing of their own. Then when news gets slow, they search social media for basically anything then run it as fact.
I've always had the impression that those sorts of sites have a really young readership. Like, elementary school age kids oftentimes. A lot of the kids I babysit seem to get their gaming news from sites and Youtubers like that.

I dont want to to click it, what is all about

Basically, there's an Amazon novelty account in Frank O'Conner's name declaring that there wouldn't be an MCC collector's edition. For proof of authenticity, they offer up a 5 star review "Frank" wrote singing the praises of his foreward in one of the books.

Yeah.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I've always had the impression that those sorts of sites have a really young readership. Like, elementary school age kids oftentimes. A lot of the kids I babysit seem to get their gaming news from sites and Youtubers like that.

Seems to me that's the kind of people that run these sites, haha.

As a reporter for actual news, this sort of stuff irks me to no end.

5ce40ae3663bacfa40e6a888bf4bfe4b.png

Agent Locke clue?

woow he's a savage critic, now I don't feel bad about slating Halo 4

Sai-kun

Banned
We should try and compile a Encyclopedia HaloGAFica or something that explains all the common jokes, references, and historical events from HaloGAF so new members can get up to speed and feel more included.

This is, after all, "The Best Community on the Internet" (tm)

we need an updated version of eazyb's list

because i don't know anyone here anymore

-Ryn

Banned
Commentaries & behind-the-scenes would be nice again ( perhaps not doable with certain bungie folk). Maybe it could just be Frankie talking for hours (and other folk who moved over). :p

Actually, are the original H2 LE & H3 LCE materials included?
Wait Halo CE had a Legend-
Ohhhh. I love my brain.

I KNEW there was an Elite dancing somewhere on the internet. Love RvB

we need an updated version of eazyb's list

because i don't know anyone here anymore
so many new people

so many shitty sites

I need Halo

VzI1Adw.gif

Madness

I wonder what the story of Agent Jamieson Locke is going to be about. And of his armor. It does seem somewhat like we're going to get some human civil war split with ONI being the big bad Cerberus type company.

I wonder what the story of Agent Jamieson Locke is going to be about. And of his armor. It does seem somewhat like we're going to get some human civil war split with ONI being the big bad Cerberus type company.

Looks like his armor is custom made by ONI and not by the military this time.

FyreWulff

https://blogs.halowaypoint.com/en-us/blogs/headlines/posts/the-halo-bulletin-7-2-14

We’re shutting down Custom Challenges for Halo: Reach by September this year. The Custom Challenges interface for Halo: Reach in the Xbox 360 Waypoint app will be decommissioned sometime this summer. You’ll still be able to create Custom Challenges on our website here through September. After September, Halo Waypoint will not support the creation of new Custom Challenges. Be sure to make any challenges you want before then!

Would be nice if the payouts were at least increased until the sunset, but it's somewhat amusing that almost all of the features added in the TU are now gone.

Any HaloGAF folks in the UK want a £20 code? I randomly got one from Nokia UK but can't put it on my acct (wrong region). Could help with a MCC purchase, perhaps?

Preferably someone I recognize, but juniors of quality could qualify too I suppose.

Mistel

Banned
Any HaloGAF folks in the UK want a £20 code? I randomly got one from Nokia UK but can't put it on my acct (wrong region). Could help with a MCC purchase, perhaps?

Preferably someone I recognize, but juniors of quality could qualify too I suppose.
If no one else want's it please may I have it?

Madness

I thought someone said you could switch region on Xbox One, redeem, purchase something and then switch back?

Competa

Banned

Pm send ;)

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I got an Xbox One today! I'll be getting BF4 this week and Titanfall soon after. I'd be down to try out Spartan Assault with somebody, too. My gamertag = kittens dx.

I thought someone said you could switch region on Xbox One, redeem, purchase something and then switch back?
No Xbone for me yet. Is that not against TOS or anything?

Can it be done with 360? The error said it was the account region that was wrong, not the device (I tried redeeming on my phone initially).

willow ve

Another day another 100ish lobbies backed out of due to The Pit never showing up as an option. Make the DLC free already (and require it).

Top Bottom