• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Rev3rb

I got an Xbox One today! I'll be getting BF4 this week and Titanfall soon after. I'd be down to try out Spartan Assault with somebody, too. My gamertag = kittens dx.

Nice! I just recently got BF4, we'll have to get a group together and play.

-Ryn

Banned
I believe it involved photoshop and an image of the statue of Saddam Hussein being toppled.
Huh...

Live and learn I guess.

I got an Xbox One today! I'll be getting BF4 this week and Titanfall soon after. I'd be down to try out Spartan Assault with somebody, too. My gamertag = kittens dx.
With or without Kinect? Either way cool dude.

My internet is going to be down until the 14th but I haven't really played through the game yet so I'm down. Probably gonna be playing a lot of Destiny around that time lol

heckfu

Banned
2NGwrva.png

Ghazi

Holy shit pitfall just appeared. Holy shit the suicide dash for rockets worked. Game complete. Life complete. I can move on.

Thanks 343. Thanks guise.

Why do you kids use anything other than NeoGAF to talk about NeoGAF? Srs question.
Like Ze said, the NeoGAF Facebook group is terrible. Only filled with salty kids about getting banned from NeoGAF.

Between this and Giant Bomb yesterday, the power of social media at work.

I'm just going to focus on 60fps Halo 3, quickly steaming towards us.
Night y'all.

Can I get a recap of the book thing?

Is it literally just this kickstarter project that people (Heckfu) pledged to and the makers (Slightly Live) never delivered? Because I think that's something to be rightfully salty about.

aycb

Neo Member
I have finally joined (and then waited to be activated and now that happened too). I feel like the guy who you add on Facebook, who reads all your posts but never posts anything and then you bump into him and he knows you too well. Should be fun.

How long have you been a member of NeoGAF? How long have you lurked?
Registered in 2012, activated today (think something was wrong with my email before, so I changed it in April), lurked since 2011 (Halo 4 announcement)

How old are you? What country or state are you posting from?
24/m/New Zealand

How long have you been a Halo fan? Have you played all the games?
Since my friend got the original (with the Duke). Didn't properly get into multi-player until Halo 2

What mode do you spend most of your time in?
Multi-player

What is your favourite playlist?
Team Slayer, or Team Snipers with a friend

AR or BR?
Halo 2
BR

Highest Halo 3 level and what playlist?
23, Team Slayer

Favourite Halo 2 map?
Oh god... T... Turf?

Favourite all-time Halo map?
Relic... I'm so confused. Anyone remember the preview we had that had the energy walls?

- Other Halo sites/forums you have been a member of.
Bungie.net, GameFAQs

- Any other games you spend a lot of time playing.
Not so much these days. StarCraft II pulls me back every now and then but I'll dabble in anything really.

- Personal bio stuff. (occupation/hobbies/etc.)
Hobbies include: reading, writing, drinking and gaming.
I'm occupationed in the games industry.

Holy shit pitfall just appeared. Holy shit the suicide dash for rockets worked. Game complete. Life complete. I can move on.

Thanks 343. Thanks guise.
iN7WkdiJ42yK9.gif
Good stuff. Feels good to put achievements that you've been working on to rest. Those highly specific achievements need to go IMO, especially on DLC maps.

CyReN

Wait that community book didn't come out? Remember them wanting to talk to me about the competitive side and nothing happened.

and cue

civil_war.gif

iN7WkdiJ42yK9.gif
Good stuff. Feels good to put achievements that you've been working on to rest. Those highly specific achievements need to go IMO, especially on DLC maps.

Agreed. Just make achievements campaign only, or related to things that aren't arbitrarily rare. I have every cheevo in CEA, 3, ODST and Reach, yet I just can't be bothered to go and finish 4's MP ones - they're just bullshit all around.

Wait that community book didn't come out? Remember them wanting to talk to me about the competitive side and nothing happened.

and cue

http://halogaf.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/civil_war.gif[/IMG[/QUOTE]

Blur CG version of this gif will be glorious.

-Ryn

Banned
I have finally joined (and then waited to be activated and now that happened too). I feel like the guy who you add on Facebook, who reads all your posts but never posts anything and then you bump into him and he knows you too well. Should be fun.

How long have you been a member of NeoGAF? How long have you lurked?
Registered in 2012, activated today (think something was wrong with my email before, so I changed it in April), lurked since 2011 (Halo 4 announcement)

How old are you? What country or state are you posting from?
24/m/New Zealand

How long have you been a Halo fan? Have you played all the games?
Since my friend got the original (with the Duke). Didn't properly get into multi-player until Halo 2

What mode do you spend most of your time in?
Multi-player

What is your favourite playlist?
Team Slayer, or Team Snipers with a friend

AR or BR?
Halo 2
BR

Highest Halo 3 level and what playlist?
23, Team Slayer

Favourite Halo 2 map?
Oh god... T... Turf?

Favourite all-time Halo map?
Relic... I'm so confused. Anyone remember the preview we had that had the energy walls?

- Other Halo sites/forums you have been a member of.
Bungie.net, GameFAQs

- Any other games you spend a lot of time playing.
Not so much these days. StarCraft II pulls me back every now and then but I'll dabble in anything really.

- Personal bio stuff. (occupation/hobbies/etc.)
Hobbies include: reading, writing, drinking and gaming.
I'm occupationed in the games industry.
Welcome to the community that never dies.
It's good to meet ya.

What's the chocolate like in New Zealand?

You came to the wrong neighbourhood.

Get him!
being-chased-chickens-o.gif

and cue

civil_war.gif
I can't wait to see the updated version of that

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Dipped early I see? I'm going to wait for a bundle with MCC in it.
I was gonna wait till after the Destiny Beta, but until July 13th Gamestop is offering $360 credit for PS4s when traded towards an XB1, so I took advantage of that.

Nice! I just recently got BF4, we'll have to get a group together and play.
Definitely! I played a ton of BF4 on my PS4 and I plan on doing the same on XB1 now.

With or without Kinect? Either way cool dude.

My internet is going to be down until the 14th but I haven't really played through the game yet so I'm down. Probably gonna be playing a lot of Destiny around that time lol
No Kinect. And yeah, add me and let's play SA together!

No Xbone for me yet. Is that not against TOS or anything?

Can it be done with 360? The error said it was the account region that was wrong, not the device (I tried redeeming on my phone initially).
Just answered my own question. Can only change account regions once per three months. And your Microsoft account balance doesn't come with you either.

Thinking about Halo Wars and rewatching the CG cutscenes and reading the black boxes..
That game had a great lore to it. Enjoyed Prof. Anders and Sgt. Forge. It's too bad Bungie didn't expand further on these two characters. 343 seems like there doing just that with the comics and games in the coming future.

Ensemble created a gem and they delivered.

Thinking about Halo Wars and rewatching the CG cutscenes and reading the black boxes..
That game had a great lore to it. Enjoyed Prof. Anders and Sgt. Forge. It's too bad Bungie didn't expand further on these two characters. 343 seems like there doing just that with the comics and games in the coming future.

Ensemble created a gem and they delivered.

Fantastic game. Simplified compared to most PC RTS, but in a good way, you know? Like Civ Rev. I'd love a sequel.

Also, a spinoff shooter with a high enough player count to justify fielding the Vulture.

Ghazi

y5m1Pvs.png

diHLo91.gif

Purchase, N.Y.-based PepsiCo brands Mountain Dew and Doritos announced the return of their Double XP promotion as part of the launch of the Halo 4 video game. "Double XP provides fans with unique opportunities to experience the next installment of the gaming saga, the companies say."

Are you stuck with a UK account then for three months?

It would mean that I would have to spend / lose whatever's on my account right now, then be stuck with UK account for 3 months, then have to spend the 20 pounds or lose it when I went back. No thanks.

Anyway, I'm gonna give another hour or so for the first PM to respond to my confirmation, then I'm gonna move down the list.

Top Bottom