• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Karl2177

All this talk is making me wish I had finished my Forge/Anvil/File Share article. I just can't get the motivation to write serious(ish) about Halo anymore.

I remember some terminals being mentioned. Levels, no.

The only almost finished level that didn't make it into Halo 2 is Forerunner Ship. Would be neat if it was restored, but doesn't sound likely at this point.
Forerunner Ship? I thought it was Covenant ship that was almost done, and then got swapped out for the space pickle.

HaloGAF customs are going to rock. 5 different games to choose from, and we can switch between them instantly.

Speaking of mods, I wonder how the mods made for Halo 4 will translate over to MCC's version. Wondering if they will need to be rewritten completely.
They'll need to be rewritten, but not much will change. Afaik, the only thing that will change is the game id. Fyre could probably answer, but I wonder if the memory limitations for Megalo were built in to keep the 360 from setting on fire or if it was 100% hardware based.

Sounds very doable and would probably make viewing clips something that people did more often. It's something you could do while waiting for the next match to start up or whatever.

The other day I was watching the World Cup on the television whilst watching a twitch stream on my phone. I needed to go and cook so took the iPad (with stand) and put it on the kitchen side so as to stream the football in there. That's the climate of convenience, portability and immediacy we're living in now. I don't think many people in 2015 would even bother to click on a fileshare slot, wait for it to download, then go to a different part of the UI, wait for the map to load, then watch it. Not the Buzzfeed generation with accompanying gifs for every numbered bullet point.

I'd argue even going from reach to 4 would be somewhat jarring also.
Yeah. Halo Reach wasn't that much different from other Halos like 4 was. You can really see Halo 4 took heavy "inspiration" from COD while Halo Reach tried to mix Halo and COD still resulting in something more haloish.

The difference between Reach and 4 is quite big.

Wat. Did 343 confirm their is a unified ranking system?

If so, and if it is "half assed", then that is extremely disappointing. Even the whole concept of putting every single game together just seems wrong to me. If I want to play Halo 2 Team Snipers, I shouldn't have to put up with Halo 3 Snipers or Halo 4 snipers first.
They confirmed in a halo 2 demo me and mix went to yesterday. It sort of went over my head, as I already assumed that was already announced

Omni

I'd argue even going from reach to 4 would be somewhat jarring also.
I'd agree if you were talking about H4 to Reach..

I've always found Reach to be particularly awful. Temporal antialiasing screws over IQ horrendously and makes me nauseous. Frustratingly slow movement speed. Bloom. A Forge pallet that is worse and somehow more bland than Halo 4's. Matchmaking that was split between nonsensical vanilla, TU and Anniversary gametypes which felt very different. Only thing that Reach has over Halo 4, IMO, are the 'features'.

Base Halo 4 is closer to the original trilogy's in terms of gameplay, I thinks. Well, Halo 2 and 3. Sure at launch there were shitty decisions all around in H4, but if you avoid all things Infinity then you have a decent time. Usually

Mix

Last chance for panel questions, I'm going to ask the multiplayer question that is tried and true if no one gives us anything good :)

Mix

don't even care about a possible double post this deserves it. there are these grown fucking men who have been playing halo since halo CE, or so they claim, are arguing about the fucking nanobots in chief's armor and how Halo 4 was the most amazing campaign there ever was. Yesterday at the demo, someone asked for Halo 4 mechanics in Halo 2 Anniversary's campaign and I almost cried. These people are seriously pissing me off, this guy is talking about how amazing he is at Halo, now they're talking about the pinnacle of their sniping skills.

What the fuck man, media passes next year just so I don't have to listen to this shit.

IHaveIce

Banned
don't even care about a possible double post this deserves it. there are these grown fucking men who have been playing halo since halo CE, or so they claim, are arguing about the fucking nanobots in chief's armor and how Halo 4 was the most amazing campaign there ever was. Yesterday at the demo, someone asked for Halo 4 mechanics in Halo 2 Anniversary's campaign and I almost cried. These people are seriously pissing me off, this guy is talking about how amazing he is at Halo, now they're talking about the pinnacle of their sniping skills.

What the fuck man, media passes next year just so I don't have to listen to this shit.

Ask them if they are on GAF, if they aren't tell them to fuck off.

Also panel question : Will we get an Custom game Browser?

That's just how it is at conventions lol.

Good question.

Anyone have a link to the stream?

http://rtxevent.com/rtxlive/

Akai__

I will be in the custom NeoGAF Twitch chat, when the stream starts. Feel free to join, if you are already in and if you need an invite, just tell me. I will need your Twitch user name.

Stream is in ~ 1h 37m.

Omni

I will be in the custom NeoGAF Twitch chat, when the stream starts. Feel free to join, if you are already in and if you need an invite, just tell me. I will need your Twitch user name.

Stream is in ~ 1h 37m.

I'm a twitch noob. Username is same as here

How does it work?

RoKKeR

Anybody know if there will be someone live tweeting the event? Won't be able to watch but I'd like to follow the news.

-Ryn

Banned
The other day I was watching the World Cup on the television whilst watching a twitch stream on my phone. I needed to go and cook so took the iPad (with stand) and put it on the kitchen side so as to stream the football in there. That's the climate of convenience, portability and immediacy we're living in now. I don't think many people in 2015 would even bother to click on a fileshare slot, wait for it to download, then go to a different part of the UI, wait for the map to load, then watch it. Not the Buzzfeed generation with accompanying gifs for every numbered bullet point.
The less buttons a player needs to press to find what they want the better. Even a little wait time makes a difference. It's a must.

I hate how true it is though. Having smooth and integrated interfaces is definitely awesome and I love it, but it's so insane to think about what people will bitch about. I mean this kind of stuff would've been like MAGIC 10 years ago! I could be a secret agent for all the stuff I am able to do with common devices.

There's just so much of everything it's nuts!

rainbow_bleh_by_colourmeyandere-d3kseih.gif

But I digress...

If theater is going to live up to its full potential then it is going to need to be able to do this kind of stuff. Letting a friend send you a file that you can open with a button and just watch on the side while you capture a flag needs to be the norm. Multitasking is a major feature of the One anyway so why not try and take advantage of it? Make it a core part of the game.

Like you said, convenience and immediacy.

Not sure, but I always wanted that feature. Especially after Halo Reach and it's thousands of Forge maps, which I couldn't remember all by name.

Congratulations on the WR. Didn't watch the whole thing, but color me impressed.
It would be nice to have a little thumbnail showing what we are playing on.

Akai__

Looks like I can't watch it live. :(

If people are in the custom chat, could you do me a favour and invite people, who want to join the chat? Everybody can invite everybody, so feel free to do so. Thanks.

Blueblur1

Is this going to be new stuff?

Yes.

"343 Panel - Halo: The Master Chief Collection

We'll have a few of our top 343 Industries agents as well as friends from Certain Affinity in our Halo: The Master Chief Collection panel. We'll be showing off some new stuff, so we have a feeling you won’t want to miss it. Everything starts at noon on Saturday, July 5 in the Main Theater."

Fracas

#fuckonami
Supposedly

Yes.

"343 Panel - Halo: The Master Chief Collection

We'll have a few of our top 343 Industries agents as well as friends from Certain Affinity in our Halo: The Master Chief Collection panel. We'll be showing off some new stuff, so we have a feeling you won’t want to miss it. Everything starts at noon on Saturday, July 5 in the Main Theater."

Sounds good. Time to learn about games I played years ago!

Top Bottom