• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

ElRenoRaven

Can someone summarize (with pictures if possible) what is said? Stuck at work, so I can't watch the stream.

Playlists for each game. Playlists for campaign. Example Halo 2 MC playlist that is nothing but the Master Chief missions. Same for Arbiter. Also tons of controller set up options.

Max just gave some history of Halo 2's multiplayer. Seems there was a "warfare" mode cut.

This guy is pretty awesome. What the hell happened to Halo? It's pretty clear CE was the definitive mistake, Halo 2 was saved last minute, then the snowball effect ran wild years later.

ElRenoRaven

Oh now showing some of the original designs they had in mind for some of the maps in Halo 2. this is awesome.

343 guys please I bet you create a disc for this collection with stuff like this on it.

"Myself and Carney are the only reason you ever got good arena Halo. You're fucking welcome."

The vocal minority was shot down within Bungie, then last minute when all else failed, that very vocal minority was looked to in desperation to save Halo 2. The power of the "vocal minority" of the Halo fanbase still has not been fully realized, IMO. 343 seems to be putting more of an emphasis on bringing what the community wants to life, but we've heard similar things from Bungie.

Only time will tell.

Oh now showing some of the original designs they had in mind for some of the maps in Halo 2. this is awesome.

343 guys please I bet you create a disc for this collection with stuff like this on it.

C7of3Li.png

nQQ0qXl.png

MWX4tmw.png

Excuse orange tinge from stream

ElRenoRaven

Goddamn this updated Accension is just beautiful looking. More dynamic elements are damn good additions. This is the kind of stuff I want to see more of in the franchise going forward.

The vocal minority was shot down within Bungie, then last minute when all else failed, that very vocal minority was looked to in desperation to save Halo 2. The power of the "vocal minority" of the Halo fanbase still has not been fully realized, IMO. 343 seems to be putting more of an emphasis on bringing what the community wants to life, but we've heard similar things from Bungie.

Only time will tell.
*groans*

Goals/stuff for Halo 2 Anni MP:
-No visual change can effect gameplay on new maps
-ALL classic skill jumps, NEW skill jumps too (jump up to sniper platform by tele receiver)
-every change however small must ADD to gameplay
-callouts above radar
-arrows above weapon spawns (saw an AR)
-New engine based from Halo 2 update patch 3 (then matching features and physics, etc)
-maps built from ground up
-using halo pros as test slaves to get proper sightlines

Halo is to-scale in game:

Skybridge has new cover:

New underneath bottommid location from skybridge, skill jump up to needler (no pic yet, missed it, but you can kind of see it above)
Overshield is there (halo 4 style look)

Energy shield (like giant bubble shield) in topmid, 3 buttons around map to activate (one snipe 2, see first pic):

belushy

Banned
I like the changes to the skybridge. Not really sure about the bubble shield thing at all.

edit: Ricochet? Extraction better be under "and more."

ElRenoRaven

Nah, it rewards teamwork. It'd be one thing if you could toggle it to protect yourself, but if you're in a firefight and you stop to hit the button you're dead.

That and unlike bubble shields it can't be spammed in rows. It's a stationary spot and I have no doubt it will probably have a cool down on it's activation.

ElRenoRaven

Halo 2 Anni gametypes (and options supposedly), all originals plus new (ricochet, race, swat, infection + more!):

"Treat Halo 2 anni like dirrector's cut. Halo 2.5 or Halo 2++"

That's old school infection too. You can swap out weapons etc. And yup Assault Rifle is back in Halo 2!!!!!!!!!!!

MY BABY IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And yup that was the AR in the tower on accension.

That and unlike bubble shields it can't be spammed in rows. It's a stationary spot and I have no doubt it will probably have a cool down on it's activation.

ehhh...

Any team with the smallest coordination, can just grab obj (in 1-flag for example) and hit the button at the same time, easily make it to middle completely safe and score a couple seconds later.

ElRenoRaven

Gungoose. LMAO

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ehhh...

Any team with the smallest coordination, can just grab obj (in 1-flag for example) and hit the button at the same time, easily make it to middle completely safe and score a couple seconds later.

Yea but what's to stop the other team from heading to a button and activating it early or something to throw off the assaulting team?

lol Magnum cheers. In 2014. For Halo 2 Anniversary.

People love that weapon, and I'm looking forward to what they do with it in Halo 5.

ehhh...

Except it only protects you from long-range fire; the other team can still rush in and beat you to death.

ElRenoRaven

Coagulation is a remastered map. meh comes to mind. That's going to make 3 versions of Blood Gultch in teh game.

Forge is confirmed for halo 2 again.

WTS: Xbox One

I'll pay you to take this off my hands.

Why is Halo 2 Anniversary turning out to be Halo 4. Screw this "modernization".

EDIT:

You can't use another Halo games settings for a different games maps...

Well, Halo 4's portion of Master Chief Collection is fucking useless lol. No one is going to play Halo 4 if it's already terrible maps are bound to it's already terrible gameplay. Haha, dang it 343.

Except it only protects you from long-range fire; the other team can still rush in and beat you to death.

I think you missed the part where I said "team with coordination". Not to mention, "rush in beat down" is a stupid strat that should never be encouraged, especially vs someone with obj. Oh wait, it's H2, so I can just drop the obj and kill you as you enter with my guns/brains.

I think you missed the part where I said "team with coordination". Not to mention, "rush in beat down" is a stupid strat that should never be encouraged, especially vs someone with obj. Oh wait, it's H2, so I can just drop the obj and kill you as you enter with my guns/brains.

Ah, you know what I meant. Teams that work together get rewarded with the shield, but it's still not an auto win.

Top Bottom