• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Mixed feelings about this stream still have the urge to play it but not so sure after the modernization options.

Oh a terminal sample! NICE!!!

Ok it's time to freeze myself till Sept & November.

I dont like the new animations for the terminals looks like bad 3d animation compared to HALO CEA.

Ah, you know what I meant. Teams that work together get rewarded with the shield, but it's still not an auto win.

It's the type of thing that has a compounding effect, not to the same extent of something like ordnance, but still. So your team, on obj, already has some map control and takes flag while activating blue shield of immunity. Your odds of getting clutch flag stops drop drastically.

Of course, I'm assuming similar obj locations/player spawns to the original, which isn't necessarily the case. In any case, it seems unnecessary "change for change's sake". Takes away the risk-reward nature of the map to a huge extent.

IHaveIce

Banned
I still think this looks pretty good, it has no AAs, so it will still be better than Reach.

though some of these upgrades and new changes are confusing why they did it. Why an AR in H2A etc.

Also another remade of Blood Gulch/Coagulation, fuck it.

Still sounds like a good Halo game to me, I think the gungoose will be pretty funny.

Blueblur1

Gungoose is so good.

I like the idea of it. I always wondered why there wasn't one before but always stopped at that fact that the Mongoose/Ghost differences were probably for the best.

I don't mind some of the other additions like the AR, and silenced SMG. But I'm concerned about Halo 4-carryover like that horrible Overshield cylinder (what else would you call it) and the inability to use your weapon when flipping a switch (like in Extraction).

I like the idea of it. I always wondered why there wasn't one before but always stopped at that fact that the Mongoose/Ghost differences were probably for the best.

Some of the additions I don't mind; the AR, silenced SMG, etc. But I'm concerned about Halo 4-carryover like that horrible Overshield cylinder (what else would you call it) and the inability to use your weapon when flipping a switch (like in Extraction).

Silenced SMG... i hope its just cosmetic

7p2diug.jpg

n7MiMlg.jpg

iF9J9CV.jpg

So confirmed maps are:

Ascension
Coagulation
Lockout
Zanzibar
TBA
TBA

I've seen lockout and Zanzibar as "confirmed" before, but they were never announced right?

SMH at the competitive community

too close-minded to realize that these add-ons are only for the 6 remastered maps

Excuse me for being upset that 343 ruined a perfectly simple process of remaking 6 hand selected maps that seriously only needed to be "HD-d" to be good.

343 took it upon themselves to add these horrible changes when they were unneeded.

Ugh, back to Halo 3 I go. That'll at least be fun until 343 "Modernizes" it in 2017 and ruins the last good memory I have with Halo.

IHaveIce

Banned
So confirmed maps are:

Ascension
Coagulation
Lockout
Zanzibar
TBA
TBA

I've seen lockout and Zanzibar as "confirmed" before, but they were never announced right?

Frankie confirmed them on GAF I think.

I guess we will get another bigger one for the Gungeese and maybe a smaller one, I would hope Midship but who knows ..

Omni

Dull panel.

Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer is certainly gonna be something else. But hey. If people get hung up over changes they can play the original still. I'll certainly give it a go whatever the case

That skybox was fucking amazing.

I don't get why people are salty over H2A features. If you want to play classic Halo 2, go fucking do that.

I'm looking forward to trying something new but familiar in addition to all the inevitable nostalgia splooging.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
H2A multi sounds interesting. Doesn't matter if it sucks though, since we have the original multi of every other game to play.
Exactly. That's why I'm not too salty over the H2A changes, despite my concerns. It does make me worry about their design philosophies going into Halo 5, though... But it's way too early to start making assumptions there.

Exactly. That's why I'm not too salty over the H2A changes, despite my concerns. It does make me worry about their design philosophies going into Halo 5, though... But it's way too early to start making assumptions there.

its just the right time to make assumptions. the game comes out next year.

this, the Halo 5 beta trailer and the visual ID worry me.

Top Bottom