• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Madness

I liked flood. I just thought it could have been better handled. It's very confusing in a sense. Is the purpose to kill Flood, hold out the longest, etc.

What if Flood worked sort of like Dominion did, in which you have to venture out, possibly capture and hold points.

The only time I hate playing Flood is if someone picks one of the forge classic variants where weapons are and you get screwed if you don't get a better weapon in time.

jem0208

Was listening to ASMR while doing some photoshop work when suddenly this happened.

What the fuck am I watching/listening to?

This was just posted to /r/halo btw:

r18f1Qj.jpg

Pretty damn cool.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Heading back in myself after lunch and browsing. Either today or tomorrow might be my last day for H4 MP since my Gold trial runs out. Bleh.

Do people vote for Neutral Flag because the games go so quickly? If so, why are you playing CTF?
CTF should only be long games? Personally, I'm all for making the games play out faster, whether it be through faster kill times and nontank movement for Objective carriers or by making Multi Flag default of 3 caps over 5.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Oh look, every one of my targets has shielding, especially in Flood. Two hits still don't take them down....

Maybe I'm beginning to understand what's wrong with H4 MP.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm house sitting at my aunt's house this weekend and will be playing a ton of Halo 3. Add me and let's play. Gamertag = kittens dx.

I.. guess? But not really. It helps me go to sleep. It helps me get a nap while we wait for matches in Halo 4.

Love the raining sounds on the rooftop, it makes me relax. Dad sometimes tooks us to field trips (to avoid spend money lol) but usually we end on big open spaces and just standing there hearing the enviroment sounds and we usually camped below a tree when the rain fells.

Omni

What the fuck am I watching/listening to?

This was just posted to /r/halo btw:

r18f1Qj.jpg

Pretty damn cool.
First and second are far too similar I think. Like they've just changed the hue or something and slapped the IAC in it. Kinda ruins it for me

Third is absolutely amazing though. Halo 3 had some wonderful art

Brojito

Neo Member
First and second are far too similar I think. Like they've just changed the hue or something and slapped the IAC in it. Kinda ruins it for me

Third is absolutely amazing though. Halo 3 had some wonderful art

Yea, it is a little too similar. Maybe he should have had the IAC over Earth with the Covenant armada in te background. But I get what they were going for, and it's still a cool piece.

Dub117

I wonder how empty the Halo 4 playlist in the MCC will be.
I'm going to say pretty empty, but I am genuinely curious to how the campaign looks. I'm sure I'll give it a play through, it already was visually pretty damn good. Play me on CE multi, chumps.

Mistel

Banned
Oh my God, all three voting options are Exile Heavies. What the fuck how does that even happen.
"You will play Exile Heavies and you will like it." Said no one ever. It's better than Vortex or Meltdown though. Shame it's 6v6 instead of 8v8 now.

Booties

Banned
Hey, man, I'm playing halo 4. Join me.

Splatter by teammate. Respawn right where I died. Laser already disappeared. Whhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyy

Booties

Banned
H4 would be better if instead of having 6 different objective playlists that feature 3 different base game settings, they should be one setting (legendary or regular slayer) featuring multiple game types.

Exile dominion.*shivers*

But yeah the same map with little variations in the vote map is dumb

Dominion bums me out, because I like the idea so much but the execution was so poor. Capturing parts of the map to unlock stuff like vehicles and automated turrets is cool, but Dominion just ended up playing like a really disjointed King of the Hill.

Brojito

Neo Member
So how populated do you think Halo CE multiplayer will be? I mean, everyone is excited about original Halo 2 multiplayer (including me), and that's what's being talked up the most.... but honestly it seems to me like having Halo CE multiplayer over live is a really frickin big deal. Like maybe even more so than Halo 2 multiplayer.

So how populated do you think Halo CE multiplayer will be? I mean, everyone is excited about original Halo 2 multiplayer (including me), and that's what's being talked up the most.... but honestly it seems to me like having Halo CE multiplayer over live is a really frickin big deal. Like maybe even more so than Halo 2 multiplayer.

While it's very cool that it's there, and I plan on getting in at least a few games, I suspect that the old school pros might hurt the odds. Unless the ranking system is downright prescient, the first few days/weeks will be a pub stomp, which may hurt its long term population.

Still, who knows. Maybe people will recognize the amazeballs multi and tough it out.

Obscured

I plan on toughing it out. I assume I'll be terrible but hopefully I'll find some cool people to play with and improve.

I'll end up jumping into all of them, right now I have no idea which mp I'll be spending the most time in. I'm curious how the unified controls will end up impacting how play (if it does at all)

Top Bottom