• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

daedalius

I feel like I really need to go to RTX now.

Its about the closest gaming convention I can get to I think. Fucking Kansas.

Great write up :)

Woorloog

Banned
I feel like I really need to go to RTX now.

Its about the closest gaming convention I can get to I think. Fucking Kansas.

At least it is in the same country.
There's no proper gaming conventions in Finland (but DigiExpo, which is more of a general electronics expo, and not particularly good one when it comes to games. At best we have months old stuff).

Woorloog

Banned
Gravemind on Legendary is no doubt the hardest level in the entire series. Im scared knowing I'm going to have to do it again.

Rest of the level isn't that difficult, once you have the Carbine and possible a Beam Rifle (or a Fuel Rod Gun), everything's relatively easy, as with all the levels.

Random17

And the start of Gravemind

>_<

The start of Regret is significantly harder; the Halo 2 needler may suck but it still reliably supercombines against Brutes. Then there is the trick to outright skip most of the waves that is used in speed running.

If you guys want less pain when going through Halo 2 Legendary, I seriously suggest watching a speedrun and replicating some of the tricks. It will save you hours, easily.

The start of Regret is significantly harder; the Halo 2 needler may suck but it still reliably supercombines against Brutes. Then there is the trick to outright skip most of the waves that is used in speed running.

If you guys want less pain when going through Halo 2 Legendary, I seriously suggest watching a speedrun and replicating some of the tricks. It will save you hours, easily.
Better yet why even play it??

Why play legendary if your not going to play it.

Nowise10

You guys want less pain when going through Halo 2 Legendary, I seriously suggest watching a speedrun and replicating some of the tricks. It will save you hours, easily.

Or just put the infinite ammo skull on, and the skull that makes grunts blow up and it'll be 500X easier.

Someone do something about this.

fzAIMBb.gif

You did LASO on halo 4?
Unfortunately yeah, was bed ridden for 5 months with an illness and played a lot of games.

Speed run tricks made it pretty easy actually. Got a shit load of credits and the skull emblem for doing it. In a way it was so tedious it was fun, but reach was definitely more enjoyable. It's not impossible, just needs a lot of patience and time.

Never again though.

Unfortunately yeah, was bed ridden for 5 months with an illness and played a lot of games.

Speed run tricks made it pretty easy actually. Got a shit load of credits and the skull emblem for doing it. In a way it was so tedious it was fun, but reach was definitely more enjoyable. It's not impossible, just needs a lot of patience and time.

Never again though.

I just wish they would stop putting blind skull in the game, that skull alone just makes LASO runs suck so much. The malfunction skull from CEA would be better, but it doesn't really work since dying just resets the whole level so I dunno.

I just wish they would stop putting blind skull in the game, that skull alone just makes LASO runs suck so much. The malfunction skull from CEA would be better, but it doesn't really work since dying just resets the whole level so I dunno.
What's the malfunction skull? Is that auto aim removal?

I hope that skull returns. No better test of your skills then playing CEA legendary with no auto aim. It's incredible the difference it makes. I'm sure playing that would in turn make you a better player overall.

Auto aim always felt like a racing game with automatic gearbox. At least with a skull we have the option. CEA was the only game to have it right?

I think Bungie removet it from LASO challenges in Reach after the 4 mission and later on Halo 4 was completely excluyed.

I hope that skull returns. No better test of your skills then playing CEA legendary with no auto aim. It's incredible the difference it makes. I'm sure playing that would in turn make you a better player overall.

Auto aim always felt like a racing game with automatic gearbox. At least with a skull we have the option. CEA was the only game to have it right?

It disables a random HUD element each respawn, rather than the entire HUD altogether. The Eye patch skull disables auto aim in CEA, and then the fog skull disables the motion tracker.

Mistel

Banned

Never again though.
I can imagine how tedious 4 would be do on LASO. I can see why reach would be more enjoyable of the pair to do. At least your are better hopefully.
Auto aim removal is eyepatch. Malfunction disables a random part of your hud.

Karl2177

Computron is clearly better at this than I am. It also doesn't help that the Engineering department decided to take away my 3dsMax when I changed majors, but oh well.

I started with a piece of concept art from Isaac Hannaford. If you don't know who that is, then go check out his site. If you do know who it is, check it again. He's definitely one of the most precise artists I've seen, and I really enjoy all of his work. Anywho, here's the full Assault Rifle concept image page. I chose the middle one, because I didn't want the Airsoft gun look of previous ARs, but I didn't want it to look Mass Effect-y.

XppkAom.png

I was going to fuck with HaloGAF a while back, but it wasn't quite up to my standards. What I was going to do was slap the following gif on a shaky cam gif of my desktop, but it didn't look the best and I knew it wouldn't fool anyone(maybe HaloFollower).

ePN874r.gif

That was back when I was maybe 20% done with modelling. I cleaned a bunch of stuff up, made it less jagged, and just made it a bit nicer looking. For the few of you that do care, here's what I have today. I made a few changes, mostly because I would mess up but like the accident, so I would keep it.

YJmHyHr.png

k0hXERz.png

Comments and criticisms are appreciated.

AR me bruh

Only real critique I have so far is that it looks a little "disembodied" near the rear of the gun right before the barrel starts up. That is, the left half and right half (bottom pic) of the model don't look like they're as immediately connected as they are in the Hannaford concept. Otherwise it's looking good!

Computron is clearly better at this than I am. It also doesn't help that the Engineering department decided to take away my 3dsMax when I changed majors, but oh well.

I started with a piece of concept art from Isaac Hannaford. If you don't know who that is, then go check out his site. If you do know who it is, check it again. He's definitely one of the most precise artists I've seen, and I really enjoy all of his work. Anywho, here's the full Assault Rifle concept image page. I chose the middle one, because I didn't want the Airsoft gun look of previous ARs, but I didn't want it to look Mass Effect-y.

XppkAom.png

I was going to fuck with HaloGAF a while back, but it wasn't quite up to my standards. What I was going to do was slap the following gif on a shaky cam gif of my desktop, but it didn't look the best and I knew it wouldn't fool anyone(maybe HaloFollower).

ePN874r.gif

That was back when I was maybe 20% done with modelling. I cleaned a bunch of stuff up, made it less jagged, and just made it a bit nicer looking. For the few of you that do care, here's what I have today. I made a few changes, mostly because I would mess up but like the accident, so I would keep it.

YJmHyHr.png

k0hXERz.png

Comments and criticisms are appreciated.

Looks neat. Are you going to make the bevels bigger? Right now the edges, especially near the back, look too sharp.

Karl2177

Only real critique I have so far is that it looks a little "disembodied" near the rear of the gun right before the barrel starts up. That is, the left half and right half (bottom pic) of the model don't look like they're as immediately connected as they are in the Hannaford concept. Otherwise it's looking good!
I was actually thinking of adding more beside the grip/flashlight, connecting the top/bottom and left/right.

Looks neat. Are you going to make the bevels bigger? Right now the edges, especially near the back, look too sharp.
Eventually, yeah. I'm not too fond of the 90° angles right now.

The assault rifle concept one to the right of Karl's modelling subject is rather nice:
arconcept52k5u.png
That was in my final three. Oddly enough, it was that entire row that I was ultimately deciding on. I ended up eliminating that one first out of the three because it was shorter than the others, and there's another gun that I want to have a shorter silhouette.

That wouldn't be a good thing to have. But that assault rifle concept itself looks really like the reach one concept art:

Well I think it does.
Isaac Hannford also did that piece, so there's definitely bound to be similarities.

Omni

A bit off topic: So I can buy an Xbone. Like right now

But I dunno. Any recommendations on games? Preferably ones that don't require 10GB patches just to play online (which is completely ridiculous, by the way)

A bit off topic: So I can buy an Xbone. Like right now

But I dunno. Any recommendations on games? Preferably ones that don't require 10GB patches just to play online (which is completely ridiculous, by the way)

Xbox One is dry as a desert right now imo

Maybe Titanfall is good enough. The Destiny beta next week will be the best thing on the platform since launch I think.

Top Bottom