• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF Tourney 2012

Ramirez

Need a way to randomize who gets red and who gets blue team on Powerhouse before each match. Red getting rocks first is a huge thing when teams start getting competitive.

I honestly don't know which side is which, but the team that starts at dorm can nade the hell out of top DMR preventing the other team from getting there. I feel it's a pretty fair spawn for both teams if played right...

daedalius

Wanna shoot for tomorrow evening? I get off around 7 CST and will be home I would assume a little before 8. I'm down and ready to go, though.

Going out tomorrow, might be home; but probably later in the evening. 10-1030cst-ish.

Free Tuesday.

Overdoziz

Banned
I honestly don't know which side is which, but the team that starts at dorm can nade the hell out of top DMR preventing the other team from getting there. I feel it's a pretty fair spawn for both teams if played right...
If you go to top DMR as red team you're doing it wrong. If red team has someone covering main ramp you can easily lock down the rocket spawn.

Gazzawa

Imma put myself on the subs bench.
I suck but I'm on most evenings.
Tier69

msg Gazzawa69 if y'all need me.
Reference Elzar of Zee-alan-k-row

kylej

Banned
If you go to top DMR as red team you're doing it wrong. If red team has someone covering main ramp you can easily lock down the rocket spawn.

pretty much. Anyway I'm playing Jazzy? When do you guys want to play? I need to start getting these schedules locked down WAY in advance lol

I'm around after 6 (but can probably squeeze in 5 pm if need be) every day this week.

edit. Sanjuro can play after 5pm est Mon, Tuesday, and Thursday. I know Demon's been sick so I will see what he can do. Booties is smoking weed in Philly his whole life so I'll try to track him down.

Risen

so we play either heckfu's team or daedalius's team? Did they play...?

Edit: nvm lol saw dae's post above - not sure how I missed first time.

On the subject of red vs blue spawn on Powerhouse - it's balanced. Red will not automatically get rockets. It's entirely dependent on who outplays whom at the start by positioning and route taken to rockets.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Going out tomorrow, might be home; but probably later in the evening. 10-1030cst-ish.

Free Tuesday.

book it team heckfu. i'll be working, but at least it will get done. so, 3v3 unless fracas lets us get a stand-in (tier 2?)

JonCha

pretty much. Anyway I'm playing Jazzy? When do you guys want to play? I need to start getting these schedules locked down WAY in advance lol

I'm around after 6 (but can probably squeeze in 5 pm if need be) every day this week.

edit. Sanjuro can play after 5pm est Mon, Tuesday, and Thursday. I know Demon's been sick so I will see what he can do. Booties is smoking weed in Philly his whole life so I'll try to track him down.

JonCha. ;)

And we did Sunday, 9PM GMT. So use that as a placeholder but I'll PM the team and see what they say.

Hey guys! To find a perfect time for our match, let us post the times here when we can play:

Hypertrooper:
5pm-8pm EST. Every day.

That's the time I can play. Later is possible too. But only if no other time works.

Hey guys! To find a perfect time for our match, let us post the times here when we can play:

Hypertrooper:
5pm-8pm EST. Every day.

That's the time I can play. Later is possible too. But only if no other time works.
Sounds good to me. I can usually get on by 5pm Eastern.

Ramirez

The entire team shouldn't be going main ramp anyways. One or two people should stay on dorms to shoot anyone headed towards rockets, even if you don't kill them, you can usually get them to no shields, which makes it easy for the guy going to rockets to finish them off.

Overdoziz

Banned
The entire team shouldn't be going main ramp anyways. One or two people should stay on dorms to shoot anyone headed towards rockets, even if you don't kill them, you can usually get them to no shields, which makes it easy for the guy going to rockets to finish them off.
If I'm in red team I usually hang around in this area:

8Bxul.png

I find that you're pretty much at an advantage from all angles unless they're coming from main ramp. You can easily throw grenades into the rocket spawn and golden arches areas, you've got cover right next to you so you're better off than the people on dirt path and the area below dirt path which have practically no cover. Players on top of dorm won't be able to hit you either.

I still think it's easier for red team to set up around the rocket spawn. Now if blue team a Sniper instead of a Focus Rifle things would be entirely different. I love playing Pro gametypes on Powerhouse as blue team. Getting that snipe kill right at the start is always fun.

kylej

Banned
alright 3 out of 4 of my team can play after 5pm est

Tuesday and Thursday

this week. Still trying to contact booties.

JonCha

alright 3 out of 4 of my team can play after 5pm est

Tuesday and Thursday

this week. Still trying to contact booties.

So that's ... 10PM GMT? Dangerbyrnes from my team doesn't have internet for a week, so we may have to do 3v3 is you're willing.

Tuesday would be way, way too soon though. I'm definitely not available tomorrow.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Wednesday 7pm GMT/2pm EST/1pm CST for Team Plywood vs Team Hydranockz

Wahrer Machine will not be available at this time.

Overdoziz

Banned
And yet players that move from top dorm to the dirt path can... again... it's all about positioning... it's balanced.
There's practically no cover on dirt path while you've got great cover right next to you on the spot I pointed out. I mentioned that in the sentence before the one you quoted.

kylej

Banned
booties can play tomorrow. Tomorrow is the only day my team can have all 4. Booties leaves Thursday for a brief vacation and he'll be back monday.

Ramirez

And yet players that move from top dorm to the dirt path can... again... it's all about positioning... it's balanced.

Players on top of the dorm can hit people as they move to that spot, it's not like you're instantly spawned in that area. Most people immediately head towards rockets/main ramp at the start of the game, but you can do so much damage from the top dorm spawn when the game starts.

heckfu

Banned
Team Heckfu will be playing around 8 pm CST tomorrow. It's our last day to do it and whoever is on will be playing regardless of 2v2, 3v3, 4v4. Not sure if Budder or Green check this so hopefully Over will be on so I don't have to 1v1 Daed.

daedalius

Team Heckfu will be playing around 8 pm CST tomorrow. It's our last day to do it and whoever is on will be playing regardless of 2v2, 3v3, 4v4. Not sure if Budder or Green check this so hopefully Over will be on so I don't have to 1v1 Daed.

I'll be thar.

Overdoziz

Banned
I can most likely make it. Very late for me though.

And Monsterfraces, don't change gametypes or maps during the tournament, it can only get messy.

Buddermilk

Neo Member
I'll b there. Sorry I dont post much, too many junior posts already :p

Overdoziz

Banned
By the way, I updated Refuge (both static and dynamic versions) to have non-retarded jump-ups to ring 2. It's still no ideal (Shouldn't be any problems for people who crouch-jump though) but it's better than what I had before. The problem with the old rocks was that if you timed the jump wrong even by just a little you wouldn't jump properly (caused by Reach's physics) and you would fall in the gap between the rock-jump and ring 2. The chance of it happening now is very small to non-existent. It can make it a bit harder to got on top of rock every now and then mainly for people who don't crouch-jump (shame on you) but it's definitely not as big of a deal as the failed jumps were on the old rocks.

You can download the static version here and the dynamic one here.
Monsterfracas, I would appreciate it if you updated the Refuge version in your fileshare with the new one.

kylej

Banned
I can get Booties and Demon to play tomorrow after 5pm est. After that we'll have to wait until Monday. Up to your team.

Top Bottom