• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF Tourney 2012

if there's a next time there should definitely be leagues, in which people of different timezones/similar schedules played with each other. It was literally impossible to get all our team members online at the same time

Fracas

#fuckonami
Heads up guys: These two matchups must happen tomorrow.

Team Plywood v Team Hydranockz
Team Trey v Team Hypertrooper

kylej

Banned
PMs sent to Demon and Booties, JonCha can play tonight around 4pm est. If not tonight, Booties is gone and we will convene a 3v3 w/ Sanjuro

Booties

Banned
Wait what? I'm here tonight. I leave for vacation Thursday so this is my last day to play until Monday night at the earliest.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
if there's a next time there should definitely be leagues, in which people of different timezones/similar schedules played with each other. It was literally impossible to get all our team members online at the same time

THIS. i didnt event get to play with my team despite my best efforts to organize it. fracas, add me as an alternate/fill in i guess.

Fracas

#fuckonami
THIS. i didnt event get to play with my team despite my best efforts to organize it. fracas, add me as an alternate/fill in i guess.

Completely agree, I underestimated the difficulty time zones would bring.

Next tourney (definitely want to do another), teams will be adjusted for time zones.

Out of all the mistakes I made, this one was the worst. Apologies to anyone who got gypped out of playing because of it.

Next tourney (definitely want to do another), teams will be adjusted for time zones.

Out of all the mistakes I made, this one was the worst. Apologies to anyone who got gypped out of playing because of it.
Also, no Powerhouse or Neutral Bomb

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

i dont put the blame on you at all. i had assumed that the majority of people would be basically free on weekends which would have negated much of the time zone conflicts - but that wasnt the case. the fact that i'm working evenings this summer made it so i couldnt even match up with people in my own time zones for much of the time.

other teams, if you need a stand in, i'm available M-Th 9am to noon and pretty much open F-Sun PDT times. as much notice as possible would be appreciated however.

kylej

Banned
Alright, me Booties and Demon can play aroudn 4pm EST. JonCha you guys ready to go at that time? Booties start channeling the spirit of Cliff Lee and lets wape

Overdoziz

Banned
I really don't understand neutral bomb at all. Why neutral bomb? Why not neutral flag? You can at least run the flag. Or why not just regular CTF with whoever caps first wins?
Neutral Flag is a terrible gametype. Once you've got the flag on your half of the map you win.

heckfu

Banned
I guess my main complaint is that you can't run the bomb. Takes out a whole layer of strategy

What? It requires MUCH more strategy since you move slower, arm time, and then the other team can prevent a score but clearing out and disarming.

I like neutral bomb and am in favor of it as the tiebreaker.

What? It requires MUCH more strategy since you move slower, arm time, and then the other team can prevent a score but clearing out and disarming.

I like neutral bomb and am in favor of it as the tiebreaker.
You can still do that if you can run the bomb, but you're not forced into it. Not being able to run an objective works well (ish) on maps where there are a bunch of routes and cover, not so well on small maps with a limited number of routes.

Overdoziz

Banned
Neutral Bomb is very slow with teams under 4 though. I don't mind it that much personally but I think for the next time have a different tie-breaker gametype/map would be nice.

kylej

Banned
Let's warm up. Fuck calculus anyway

Currently in a meeting reviewing a loan, then have a brief call I have to make to a lawyer in PA about a deal he's a broker on, then I'll be on after 4pm. I should be home before 4:30pm but if I'm a little late for this match just play a few warmup games. It's been pretty hard to explain why I can't stay late tonight because I have to play a video game lol

heckfu

Banned
Neutral Bomb is very slow with teams under 4 though. I don't mind it that much personally but I think for the next time have a different tie-breaker gametype/map would be nice.

Psh, like we'll need it. I plan on finding my stride today and blaining on some fools.

So that's ... 10PM GMT? Dangerbyrnes from my team doesn't have internet for a week, so we may have to do 3v3 is you're willing.

Tuesday would be way, way too soon though. I'm definitely not available tomorrow.

Johncha, yeah really sorry about not having internet this week. Posting from my phone at the moment. I should have it back by next wednesday if you wanted to wait for then. If not i guess youll need to do 3v3.

Top Bottom