• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
This whole hospital thing is a wake up call. First, not to trust Hamas, then, not to trust what the Hamas Health says, etc.

It also blew up the countries in the area the chance to meet with Biden, esp the Palestinians in the West Bank who immediately canceled the meeting. Like, that's the fucking president of the US. They don't care, I hope it shows everyone that they just don't care about any of this but the destruction of Israel.

jason10mm

Gold Member

Just guessing here but maybe slightly more credible than a terrorist spokesman

The ultimate problem here is that Bush Jr essentially said the same thing about WMDs in Iraq. Now these are radically different situations, but it highlights how credibility is an ephemeral and fleeting thing in a world that seems to habitually trade away long term goals for short term gains. Social Media only exacerbates this, I can only wonder what the Twitter verse would have been like circa 2003 (or 9/11, ooph) about that stuff.

Fortunately now we can see that so long as Isreal is able to meticulously document their actions, video footage is near universal, and "the narrative" can be quickly refuted almost in real time, we can get a sense of what's actually going on. Hopefully Hamas burns out their PR goodwill in the early stages so once the IDF does go in and the fog of war REALLY rolls in thick and heavy, folks are more willing to wait for info.

ReBurn

Gold Member
She liked a very islamophobic tweet, dude

ihZPVJC.jpg

Getting fired over a liked tweet is something that exists nowadays, so people should be more careful
Ah, the violence of seeing a like on a social media post. It's literal genocide of the modern progressive.

Getting fired from a place that would fire you over a like is actually a blessing. It would give you the opportunity to find a job where the leadership isn't batshit insane.

Kilau

I fucking can tell who is moderate or radical, because the radical ones are pretty damned obvious. You're trying to support a narrative that you 'never can tell' which Muslims are going to be normal human beings, and which are head chopping lunatics. This is rather like saying you never can tell which Christians are Sunday going parishioners with decent morals and sensible values, and which ones are steaming bigots who hate gays, choice for women, and think most of us are dying in the rapture.

See how this works?

You can absolutely tell who's normal and who isn't. usually after very little exposure to them. The lunatics don't hide themselves very well, and if you think anything different about Muslims than from anyone else, then frankly you have little to no experience being around them.
Interesting equivalency there, Christian pro-lifers and head chopping terrorists.

If views on gays and abortion are what make a Christian decent or not to you then perhaps you should look into how the muslim world handles those issues. What a set of double standards, muslim not chopping heads, great job, Christian pro-lifer, not sensible or decent.

bbmcgee

Banned
What I mean is that people should see the news with a grain of salt on both sides, and not consider everything as gospel just because it was reported from side A or B

One example is my post above, where I showed that Tara Strong was indeed being islamophobic. And one example from the other side is about the hosptial bombing.

People should look further instead of just regurgitating something that fits their world view.

It can be tiresome, I get it. One of the reasons why I react to stuff that I see here, but avoid sharing stuff that can be misleading

I see yea 100%. Classic confirmation bias

Thaedolus

The ultimate problem here is that Bush Jr essentially said the same thing about WMDs in Iraq. Now these are radically different situations, but it highlights how credibility is an ephemeral and fleeting thing in a world that seems to habitually trade away long term goals for short term gains. Social Media only exacerbates this, I can only wonder what the Twitter verse would have been like circa 2003 (or 9/11, ooph) about that stuff.

Fortunately now we can see that so long as Isreal is able to meticulously document their actions, video footage is near universal, and "the narrative" can be quickly refuted almost in real time, we can get a sense of what's actually going on. Hopefully Hamas burns out their PR goodwill in the early stages so once the IDF does go in and the fog of war REALLY rolls in thick and heavy, folks are more willing to wait for info.
K but there’s like literally video evidence here

Wildebeest

So as well as the dubiously independent and unbelievably rapid "Gaza healthcare authority" we now have the evidence adding up that some idiot read something on twitter, that was later deleted? I mean, how can you refute this level of evidence?

lachesis

Gold Member

Must’ve been a very small hospital.

7s5pupA.jpg

But seriously. Many of news/media sites had the photos of civilian crying with baby, bleeding, or explosion shot in daylight... while this happend in the middle of night - leading people to believe that those are the photos from the Al-Ahli hospital. I felt it's rather disingenuous and disgusting for them to use such misleading thumbnail pics, to lead the public opinion.

jason10mm

Gold Member
One example is my post above, where I showed that Tara Strong was indeed being islamophobic. And one example from the other side is about the hosptial bombing.
Dude, she "liked" a tweet. Or rather, her account did. Do we have video evidence of her actually hitting the like button? Was it an accident? I mean, we need hard concrete irrefutable non doctored PROOF before we attribute atrocities to someone, right?

And if the tweet in question is saying that it is the Islam connection between these groups that makes them particularly dangerous that us probably true, as the broader Muslim world provides sanctuary, funding, and recruits for these radical groups and limits tactical and strategic options against specific groups. If Hamas was a bunch of zoriaster cultists in a remote mountain region of Colorado and they descended on Denver and killed/kidnapped 1500 people I don't think we have nearly the same limitations when dealing with them. Actually, I do know, because if we compare Hamas/Gaza to Waco (compound with a religious leader and lots of women/kids) well, we all saw hiw that went down.

Dynasty8

Unfortunately, the truth doesn't matter to many on the left anymore...

-"IDF is responsible for the hospital"
-"Babies didn't get murdered"
-"What happened on October 7th was justified "
-"US embassies getting attacked is ok!"

Certain people simply are so deadlocked into their stubborn opinion that they no longer care about the truth, even when proof is presented. I honestly believe if there was another 9/11 to happen here in the States, these radical protesters would actually defend those responsible. These people have lost their sanity and nothing you tell them or show them will matter any more. Reasonability is long gone.

jason10mm

Gold Member
K but there’s like literally video evidence here
I agree, but its the "My Defense Department says so" part I'm referring to. I think Biden got backhanded for his "I've seen the pics of decapitated babies" comment so now he gives a more neutral statement. But through social media we can see stuff for ourselves.

Now imagine it's 2003 and whatever evidence of WMDs Colin Powell and Dubyah are looking st it also on social media for us to judge, kind of a different thing, no?

I've seen video of this Hamas rocket thing but TBH I don't know where or even when it was taken, much less the specifics of what I'm actually looking at. So i have to trust the source that it is Gaza, it was the correct night, etc because I can't independently verify that stuff myself. These days you could make all this stuff in Arma3 or whatever, so credibility of the source, or at least the presentation of the info, is VITAL.

In this case, I think the IDF and US DoD have that credibility in ways Al-jazzera and certainally Hamas themselves do not.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Unfortunately, the truth doesn't matter to many on the left anymore...

-"IDF is responsible for the hospital"
-"Babies didn't get murdered"
-"What happened on October 7th was justified "
-"US embassies getting attacked is ok!"

Certain people simply are so deadlocked into their stubborn opinion that they no longer care about the truth, even when proof is presented. I honestly believe if there was another 9/11 to happen here in the States, these radical protesters would actually defend those responsible. These people have lost their sanity and nothing you tell them or show them will matter any more. Reasonability is long gone.
It's sad to admit but it's true. And keep in mind, that many of us here are left or center left. But when fucking Ben shapiro is making more sense than most of the people you know....shit's fucked!

Last edited:

Hugare

Ah, the violence of seeing a like on a social media post. It's literal genocide of the modern progressive.

Getting fired from a place that would fire you over a like is actually a blessing. It would give you the opportunity to find a job where the leadership isn't batshit insane.
Dude, she "liked" a tweet. Or rather, her account did. Do we have video evidence of her actually hitting the like button? Was it an accident? I mean, we need hard concrete irrefutable non doctored PROOF before we attribute atrocities to someone, right?

And if the tweet in question is saying that it is the Islam connection between these groups that makes them particularly dangerous that us probably true, as the broader Muslim world provides sanctuary, funding, and recruits for these radical groups and limits tactical and strategic options against specific groups. If Hamas was a bunch of zoriaster cultists in a remote mountain region of Colorado and they descended on Denver and killed/kidnapped 1500 people I don't think we have nearly the same limitations when dealing with them. Actually, I do know, because if we compare Hamas/Gaza to Waco (compound with a religious leader and lots of women/kids) well, we all saw hiw that went down.
Not saying if thats fair or anything like that. Just saying that in today's society, this shit can get you fired. Its a fact. So be careful or dont have an X account.

Dont know her reasons for liking it, if it was accidental and etc., but its easy to believe that if she liked it, she agrees with it.

If I see someone liking a racist or homophobe tweet of course I'm going to think that it represents what that person thinks. Come the fuck on.

Anyway, back to topic

Last edited:

Happosai

Hold onto your panties

I'm not a social media person by any means. However, the fact that people are leaving burnt in remarks like this for record keeping really shows us the ugly underbelly of certain people. Andrew Thierry showing his colors and any career he had is gone. Shapiro has a relatively large following and those posts are probably making rounds right now. Did he (Thierry) delete them or are they still up?

Nydius

Oh, I'd looooooooove to hear what these "mechanisms" are and what a final audit of who and where the aid went to would say. This is 100 mill that's gonna end up in a Swiss bank account and 3 cases of MREs (the pork BBQ ones, no doubt) will be the "on the ground" result.

Hope I'm wrong but we just seem to piss this kinda money away.

My immediate thought almost to the letter. I remember all the USAid of food to war torn areas of Africa decades ago and how it was later discovered that most of the food was funneled to whatever warlord or dictator was in charge while almost none of it reached its intended recipients.

No doubt a large amount of that 100M is going to end up in the hands of Hamas or sympathetic groups. The US’s track record of “monitoring” such things is abysmal.

jason10mm

Gold Member
My immediate thought almost to the letter. I remember all the USAid of food to war torn areas of Africa decades ago and how it was later discovered that most of the food was funneled to whatever warlord or dictator was in charge while almost none of it reached its intended recipients.

No doubt a large amount of that 100M is going to end up in the hands of Hamas or sympathetic groups. The US’s track record of “monitoring” such things is abysmal.
(Almost) worse, it will end up in a "vetted charitable organization" that just so happens to be run by major XXX political party donors, ir created 1 day before the aid was announced by XXX party members themselves.

The crypto exchange guy basically admitted this with Ukraine Aid, I believe.

Hugare

See ^^^^^^ Hugare Hugare , THAT is an example of social media posts that clearly show someone's position. You wanna fire anyone who liked one of those posts, much less the guy himself? Thise are faaaaar more "-phobic" than anything Tara Strong 'liked'.
Dog Eye Roll GIF by Rover.com

Yeah, the guy is a scumbag. Way more than Tara for just liking a tweet.

Both are wrong from my pov, tho

Nonehxc

More global spillover

Kashmir? They have always fisticuffed over it since 1950. But yeah, could get ugly because there is no love lost between India and Pakistan.

Wonder how the turntables will turn since India is Axis of Shit oriented geopolitically, but it's Hindu majority and supposedly will do what's best for India and won't let someone puppeteer them, and Pakistan is a muslim country but pretty much West oriented, but also a good chunk of their population is antiwestern whatever 🤔🤔

Arrrgh I love these conundrums, some are easy and retarded to solve like Arabs doing dumb arab shit pushed by the Axis of Shit, that was the likeliest scenario even almost two years ago at the start of the Russian Invasion of Ukraine, regardless what happened, but this is a cool headbreaker.

Will India engage Pakistan in the North? Both are pretty well armed. But if they engage, what happens with the Himalayan River Basins? Can India be like this...

(removed photo)

With one eye paying attention to a conflict with Pakistan and the other watching China doesn't do any shit with their most precious and sacred natural resource?

For those not on the loop, the Himalayan River Basins is what prompted the invasion of Nepal by China, since it's the source of drinkable water for hundreds of millions of Chinese peoples, also for energy generation, irrigation and industry, the Yangtze and others flow from it. Also, what prompted India in turn to GTF like a bat on speed to the Himalayas and stop the Chinese, since it's the source of the *hrm* *hrm* drinkable water for hundreds of millions of Indians, the source of the only kind of *hrm* *hrm* hygiene hundreds of millions of Indians get, the source of the most venerated river for Hindus since thousands of years ago, the Ganges flows from it, and other lesser rivers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, I'd looooooooove to hear what these "mechanisms" are and what a final audit of who and where the aid went to would say. This is 100 mill that's gonna end up in a Swiss bank account and 3 cases of MREs (the pork BBQ ones, no doubt) will be the "on the ground" result.

Hope I'm wrong but we just seem to piss this kinda money away.

A few weeks ago someone posted an article about a "one and done" aid package in the Ukraine thread. Now we're bundling another 100 billion with Israel/Palestine. Your grandfather's war spending is back.

LordOfChaos

Kashmir? They have always fisticuffed over it since 1950. But yeah, could get ugly because there is no love lost between India and Pakistan.

Wonder how the turntables will turn since India is Axis of Shit oriented geopolitically, but it's Hindu majority and supposedly will do what's best for India and won't let someone puppeteer them, and Pakistan is a muslim country but pretty much West oriented, but also a good chunk of their population is antiwestern whatever 🤔🤔

Arrrgh I love these conundrums, some are easy and retarded to solve like Arabs doing dumb arab shit pushed by the Axis of Shit, that was the likeliest scenario even almost two years ago at the start of the Russian Invasion of Ukraine, regardless what happened, but this is a cool headbreaker.

Will India engage Pakistan in the North? Both are pretty well armed. But if they engage, what happens with the Himalayan River Basins? Can India be like this...

LpsLocB.png

With one eye paying attention to a conflict with Pakistan and the other watching China doesn't do any shit with their most precious and sacred natural resource?

For those not on the loop, the Himalayan River Basins is what prompted the invasion of Nepal by China, since it's the source of drinkable water for hundreds of millions of Chinese peoples, also for energy generation, irrigation and industry, the Yangtze and others flow from it. Also, what prompted India in turn to GTF like a bat on speed to the Himalayas and stop the Chinese, since it's the source of the *hrm* *hrm* drinkable water for hundreds of millions of Indians, the source of the only kind of *hrm* *hrm* hygiene hundreds of millions of Indians get, the source of the most venerated river for Hindus since thousands of years ago, the Ganges flows from it, and other lesser rivers.

It's long been a problem spot, but there has been a ceasefire going for a few years, and little other cause for Pakistan to break it right now. It might not be related, but it's also possibly the extra bravado of the global Muslim uprising. Jews and Hindus often get lumped into the same conspiratorial axis of evil and get blamed for all the shit that happens in their country.

I blame Nixon/Kissinger for cementing the "wrong" dancing partners for the first several decades of independence. Pakistan was committing a genocide in East Pakistan, now Bangladesh, India stepped in to stop it, Nixon was so paranoid of soviet influence that he sent US warships to stop India from stopping /the genocide/, and the Soviets in turn sent their warships to stop the US from stopping India from stopping the genocide. Longer excellent read here. But the US as the worlds most powerful and India as the worlds largest democracy should have been more natural allies and things have quickly warmed recently, and while there's no way in the short term to eliminate their need for Russian oil and arms, ideologically they largely have a forward thinking western compatible point of view. The US has also recognized this and hence the soft gloved approach to encourage a longer term shift, they'd also be well placed to start supplying natural gas and already have been supplying more advanced arms systems.

Then you had China courting Pakistan as the flank to India to keep it unstable and split on defending from two fronts. Geopolitics makes for weird bedfellows.

Nonehxc

It's long been a problem spot, but there has been a ceasefire going for a few years, and little other cause for Pakistan to break it right now. It might not be related, but it's also possibly the extra bravado of the global Muslim uprising. Jews and Hindus often get lumped into the same conspiratorial axis of evil and get blamed for all the shit that happens in their country.

I blame Nixon/Kissinger for cementing the "wrong" dancing partners for the first several decades of independence. Pakistan was committing a genocide in East Pakistan, now Bangladesh, India stepped in to stop it, Nixon was so paranoid of soviet influence that he sent US warships to stop India from stopping /the genocide/, and the Soviets in turn sent their warships to stop the US from stopping India from stopping the genocide. Longer excellent read here. But the US as the worlds most powerful and India as the worlds largest democracy should have been more natural allies and things have quickly warmed recently, and while there's no way in the short term to eliminate their need for Russian oil and arms, ideologically they largely have a forward thinking western compatible point of view. The US has also recognized this and hence the soft gloved approach to encourage a longer term shift, they'd also be well placed to start supplying natural gas and already have been supplying more advanced arms systems.

Then you had China courting Pakistan as the flank to India to keep it unstable and split on defending from two fronts. Geopolitics makes for weird bedfellows.
Thank you for the info, will surely give it a good read. 🙏🏻

Chaplain

Bari Weiss is an American journalist, writer and editor. She was an op-ed and book review editor at The Wall Street Journal (2013–2017) and an op-ed staff editor and writer on culture and politics at The New York Times (2017–2020). Since March 1, 2021, she has worked as a regular columnist for German daily newspaper Die Welt. Weiss founded the media company The Free Press (formerly Common Sense) and hosts the podcast Honestly.

BlackTron

That’s it?

Be lucky if even 10 people got killed in the parking lot.

I have a bad feeling there were a lot of people congregating around the overfilled hospital and they all pretty much took an open air rocket blast to the face. Not the stupid claim of 500 but enough for the grisly scene depicted by some alleged first hand reports to be...not exaggerated.

wa600

She liked a very islamophobic tweet, dude

ihZPVJC.jpg

Getting fired over a liked tweet is something that exists nowadays, so people should be more careful

Is it still visible if you remove the like? She claims she gave the like when she read the Hamas = ISIS part and removed it when she read the rest. She also apologized and said this is not how she feels.

Its crazy we live in a world you get cancelled for giving a like, but siding with literal terrorists is absolutely okay..

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Interesting equivalency there, Christian pro-lifers and head chopping terrorists.

If views on gays and abortion are what make a Christian decent or not to you then perhaps you should look into how the muslim world handles those issues. What a set of double standards, muslim not chopping heads, great job, Christian pro-lifer, not sensible or decent.

The point being - extremists are easy to spot. You can get your panties in a bunch over the examples I used (or what constitutes an extremist position) all you like, but the point stands. I brought up the comparison of a Christian, because it ain't nice to tar a whole lot of people with the same brush - regardless of how bad that brush is.

Last edited:

DeaDPo0L84

I fucking can tell who is moderate or radical, because the radical ones are pretty damned obvious. You're trying to support a narrative that you 'never can tell' which Muslims are going to be normal human beings, and which are head chopping lunatics. This is rather like saying you never can tell which Christians are Sunday going parishioners with decent morals and sensible values, and which ones are steaming bigots who hate gays, choice for women, and think most of us are dying in the rapture.

See how this works?

You can absolutely tell who's normal and who isn't. usually after very little exposure to them. The lunatics don't hide themselves very well, and if you think anything different about Muslims than from anyone else, then frankly you have little to no experience being around them.
As a Christian this comparison is simply absurd. The extreme side of one does not match the "extreme" side you attempted to paint for the other. The Bible teaches against gay relations, that abortion is bad and we should cherish life, and that people will indeed miss the rapture, if it's radical or extreme to believe these things than I guess I might as well buy a one way ticket to Gaza and start murdering children cause I am no better than their worst.

With that said I don't disagree that there are horrible, terrible people within the church, I've personally dealt with some. From the Catholic priest who preyed on children, to pastors who use their congregation to line their pockets, to those who commit horrible acts in the name of God, they exist, and I'd be right beside you calling it out. But the further this country has gotten from traditional Christian values which it was founded upon the further we have spiraled into chaos and confusion.

Ozriel

M$FT
More like that money will go Hamas.

It’s not likely to be cash distributed. Most probably $100m of value in medicine, health related stuff and food etc. nothing Hamas can weaponize.

The US needs to be balanced in these things. Relationships with much of the Arab world still needs to be kept as good as possible. Nobody wants Russia to step into a vacuum

Kilau

The point being - extremists are easy to spot. You can get your panties in a bunch over the examples I used (or what constitutes an extremist position) all you like, but the point stands. I brought up the comparison of a Christian, because it ain't nice to tar a whole lot of people with the same brush - regardless of how bad that brush is.
The point being; your examples of extremists for each religion suck because they aren’t comparable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom