• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Gaza-Hospital-Aftermath.jpg
The plot thickens. This is very telling and says a multitude far beyond the anti-Iraeli crowd media. I see a small parking lot, some debris and a couple broken solar panels??? This is what the Palestinian head postponed his meet with Biden today for?

Really seems like you're back and forth with yourself as to whether or not Hamas negligently misfired and hit one of their own hospitals. The confirmation it was struck from inside (with much less damage than reported) is something you don't need validation from X / Twitter to be sure of. Most of your posts still come off as "I'm not sure if Israel..." or "what about..." Just trying to understand what you're really driving at with your posts as it usually takes someone to quote you several times before we get anywhere.

This too will lead the same kids to dividing this out as a race issue without questioning what the bigger message is being projected. It's opaquely anti-Semitism which they're putting into hearts and minds. Maybe if people really read into how Hitler & the nazi power convinced a multitude that Jews (especially Israelites) were started; they'd see that they too are sheep falling for the same tricks now in the 21st century.

Does it seem that way because I’m not instantly jumping to defend Israel for every action? Or question certain things? Or even at times present arguments against? I’m trying to observe the situation from a sober view as someone who doesn’t benefit one way or another from whatever ends up happening.

I admit there may be some back and forth - but like that’s everyone, our sources (even ones we thought we could trust), misinformation, the crusade to denounce anyone who does unequivocally support one side or the other. All I know is I’m anti Hamas.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Does it seem that way because I’m not instantly jumping to defend Israel for every action? Or question certain things? Or even at times present arguments against? I’m trying to observe the situation from a sober view as someone who doesn’t benefit one way or another from whatever ends up happening.

I admit there may be some back and forth - but like that’s everyone, our sources (even ones we thought we could trust), misinformation, the crusade to denounce anyone who does unequivocally support one side or the other. All I know is I’m anti Hamas.
Not really. But the virtue signaling goes back to your first posts in this thread and has remained consistent to the point that...we're missing something? I'm someone who takes a sober view but I'm going to post black & white what's right vs. wrong. For any major event there will be certain points to question. However, when it comes to sources...I go this way:

A. If they're not politically leaning
B. They cite their sources
C. Is aligned with fact-based evidence from multiple outlets

Those three and I can come to a conclusion without complicating things. Not sure what your method is but OP is where I stand on this whole thing. The evil act by Hamas was committed upon innocent Israeli civilians. Those acts go beyond crimes against humanity. Israeli has full right to defense and has so far done so minimizing collateral damage. Palestine was blocked from escape routes but given ample warning and are not the target. The main target is Hamas. Am I missing anything?

Not really. But the virtue signaling goes back to your first posts in this thread and has remained consistent to the point that...we're missing something? I'm someone who takes a sober view but I'm going to post black & white what's right vs. wrong. For any major event there will be certain points to question. However, when it comes to sources...I go this way:

A. If they're not politically leaning
B. They cite their sources
C. Is aligned with fact-based evidence from multiple outlets

Those three and I can come to a conclusion without complicating things. Not sure what your method is but OP is where I stand on this whole thing. The evil act by Hamas was committed upon innocent Israeli civilians. Those acts go beyond crimes against humanity. Israeli has full right to defense and has so far done so minimizing collateral damage. Palestine was blocked from escape routes but given ample warning and are not the target. The main target is Hamas. Am I missing anything?

I think we align in many of our sober viewpoints, Israel/victors won multiple times over the past century and thus as conqueror/victor has right to the land. Yes, 100% Israel has a right to defend itself and should retaliate. We agree that Hamas is not good and needs to be eliminated.

Where I start getting uncomfortable with it all is that - is the goal of eliminating Hamas actually happening? Because like the leaders (who I think pull the strings on all this) are seemingly sitting in other countries and enjoy lavish lifestyles. The victims resulting from this - are the means justifying the ends? When we look back at all this (and i'm just guessing on these numbers as an example) - would the elimination of 3k Hamas members (with potentially no serious leader among them), 10K Palestinians, resources, etc. actually result in anything?

Dr.Morris79

A video was just put on YouTube by a channel called the Israel Defence Force. I hadn't seen some of the videos within it's ten'ish minute run time, utterly fucking awful.

Do not watch if you're squeamish

Mods take it down if it's too much, or I can delete it.

Quite a few people in the western world are standing by this? There is zero justification for this. Zero.

Evil, evil cunts.

And to think we've had a few supporters even in this very thread turns my guts. If you support this, in any way, I can only hope you meet a Sharp end.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
The victims resulting from this - are the means justifying the ends? When we look back at all this (and i'm just guessing on these numbers as an example) - would the elimination of 3k Hamas members (with potentially no serious leader among them), 10K Palestinians, resources, etc. actually result in anything?
The Master of Statistics strikes again

Woggleman

Most of my views would be pretty liberal but the fact that the left is openly condoning anti-Semitism and terrorism makes me sick. I feel for the innocent people in Palestine trapped in the middle of war but Hamas started this. If they truly were interested in peace there could have been in a two state solution years ago and they would be at peace. You can't live peacefully with people who want to eradicate you.

With many people I don't believe it is simply anti-Semitism but the fact that in the woke mind Israel are white colonizers oppressing non white people. That is the lens through which they view the entire world and their allegiance goes based on who is and is not considered the oppressor class and Israelis are firmly in that class according to them.

Raven117

Most of my views would be pretty liberal but the fact that the left is openly condoning anti-Semitism and terrorism makes me sick. I feel for the innocent people in Palestine trapped in the middle of war but Hamas started this. If they truly were interested in peace there could have been in a two state solution years ago and they would be at peace. You can't live peacefully with people who want to eradicate you.

With many people I don't believe it is simply anti-Semitism but the fact that in the woke mind Israel are white colonizers oppressing non white people. That is the lens through which they view the entire world and their allegiance goes based on who is and is not considered the oppressor class and Israelis are firmly in that class according to them.
This is what Bill Maher was basically saying. Like...if you are "progressive" how can you possibly be for Hamas?

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Condemnation of a terrorist attack, zero, pretty quick to jump on the chance to blame Israel for a fake story before the facts were out though. I don't get it, how do their constituents not see through these people. Gonna note them.

So I've a question. By all merits- education, status, lifestyle, career, party, political leanings etc., aren't these two supposedly 'moderate muslims'? Yet their behavior is nothing but support for terrorists. So either moderate muslims aren't that against terrorists (or support them) or these two are extremists only? Or is there something I am missing?

So I've a question. By all merits- education, status, lifestyle, career, party, political leanings etc., aren't these two supposedly 'moderate muslims'? Yet their behavior is nothing but support for terrorists. So either moderate muslims aren't that against terrorists (or support them) or these two are extremists only? Or is there something I am missing?
Religion wise I have yet to discover "moderate muslims". Usually they are secular (thus non-believers) or just don't engage in religious talks. Then they become quite devout.

Still feel comfortable when they're storming your Capitol building?
Will there be an outrage like the previous time? And police will pursue them for sure /s.

Last edited:

NickFire

A video was just put on YouTube by a channel called the Israel Defence Force. I hadn't seen some of the videos within it's ten'ish minute run time, utterly fucking awful.

Do not watch if you're squeamish

Mods take it down if it's too much, or I can delete it.

Quite a few people in the western world are standing by this? There is zero justification for this. Zero.

Evil, evil cunts.

And to think we've had a few supporters even in this very thread turns my guts. If you support this, in any way, I can only hope you meet a Sharp end.

Every college / university in the Western World should be showing these videos to their students. Every protest should have these playing on a loop somewhere. Show the anti-Israel people what they are actually supporting and challenge them to explain how any of it was justified.

LordOfChaos

Of all the pro Palestinian protests, how many actually condemned the terrorist attack on Israel?

Most of us know the answer.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Every college / university in the Western World should be showing these videos to their students. Every protest should have these playing on a loop somewhere. Show the anti-Israel people what they are actually supporting and challenge them to explain how any of it was justified.
That might trigger some terrorist supporters though

They will tell that this was a "justifiable action against the oppression". I believe unless the same western folks encounter invaders in their own house or until they are dragged by some terrorist, they will never believe anything. And even then they will find a reason to justify that. There is a certain level of self hate and lack of self respect among a lot of western folks, willing to bend their knees to those who will never consider them equal, but just unbelievers.

Nah. Even the massacre that Hamas committed led only to "they are rebelling against the oppressors" reaction, rather than any outrage at the terrorists.

Last edited:

offtopic

He measures in centimeters

I don't see most of the left condoning terrorism. We tend to hear and boost the more toxic and extreme voices just as we do with the trumpistaners on the right. Both virulent and toxic minorities imo. I am definitely progressive/left/liberal on most things (but I don't do identity politics bullshit) and most of the people I know and media outlets I follow are far more in the "Israel has the right to defend itself and that probably means completely annihilating Hamas but we also want them to do their best to keep collateral damage down". Definite variance in opinion on what the last part of that sentence should mean but that tends to be the gist of non-fringe left from what I can tell.

That reeee thread is wild. It should tell you something about yourself if you have to lock the thread and disallow all conversations on the matter because, as one poster put it, you can see some of the posters in the thread getting radicalized in real time.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
I'm sure people in the Twin Towers also felt very comfy. Or the people at that heavy metal concert in Paris.

The problem with terrorists is that they are unexpected. You never know what they are capable of. Their world view is to kill at any cost.
There's an extreme lack of empathy and humanity to watch things from afar without doing anything (feeling anything); and yet wanting to get talking points in. We really do need to call a spade a spade in this case. The reality is that Islam (although I don't despise Muslims in general) as a religion and the Qu'ran surahs clearly encourage what could be described as nothing less than terrorist brainwashing. The Hamas acted (attacking Israel on the 7th) based on the writings of Mohammed. This was the same case with the perpetrators of 9/11, the concert in Paris and multitude of bombings and/or attacks worldwide in which someone's shouting "Allāhu ʾakbarᵘ. I've read many books from ex-Muslims who'll tell you what they really believed. The Jews on the other hand and particularly with Israel have always been 'the bad guys.' If the vote was for them to become a nation today -- it'd never happen with the warped minds we see around us.
The Master of Statistics strikes again
'What if / what about' stats. They could be accurate...but...what about x,y,z?
I think we align in many of our sober viewpoints, Israel/victors won multiple times over the past century and thus as conqueror/victor has right to the land. Yes, 100% Israel has a right to defend itself and should retaliate. We agree that Hamas is not good and needs to be eliminated.

Where I start getting uncomfortable with it all is that - is the goal of eliminating Hamas actually happening? Because like the leaders (who I think pull the strings on all this) are seemingly sitting in other countries and enjoy lavish lifestyles. The victims resulting from this - are the means justifying the ends? When we look back at all this (and i'm just guessing on these numbers as an example) - would the elimination of 3k Hamas members (with potentially no serious leader among them), 10K Palestinians, resources, etc. actually result in anything?
We may align on some but you're missing the big pictures with your...numbers. Israel's goal isn't to wipe out ALL of Hamas and when was that ever the case? Hamas are terrorists, the whole lot of them. But, they're in nearly every third, developing and first world country (including the U.S.). If the goal were to eliminate Hamas, that'd be nearly impossible given the those terrorist rats are hiding all over the place. The ones pulling the strings are the Jihads and top extreme leaders of Islam worldwide. Israel's goal isn't to focus on massacring a group of religious nuts. Their goal is justice and hopefully a more stable Israel.

Dr.Morris79

Damn straight. I honestly can't believe any normal person is siding with this at all.

It's all utterly abhorrent what is going on in our so called society.

VortexCortex

Neo Member

Them chanting "there is only one solution"

They sure about that, given the Nazi's called their attempt at it "The Final Solution" and that didn't work out for 'em.

How the fuck did these lot get into university, are we just not teaching about the holocaust anymore in schools or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom